Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2001 1:10:51 PM EDT
dissipator556,

Thread got locked while I was writing the following:

Just saw your thread, and now I'm responding.

As I recall, I did not resurect the post.  This was on the first page of GD when I responded.  Since you have deleted them, there is no way to tell unless a mod can resurect it.  Someone linked to the one where you originally posted the question (and that was NOT me).  The only way I can see that I may have resurected, is if when reading the old thread I posted to that as well.  Like I said though, I can't remember.

As I think back, I think the only thing I said in that thread had to do with someone drawing a parallel between a CCW badge and a Bail Enforcement badge.  I said there WAS a difference between the two.  I never called you a wanna-be, etc. like the rest.

BTW, when I respond to threads, I rarely look at the original post date.

If you want to discuss this further, I suggest you chill out or the mods will lock this thread.
View Quote

So, let's review...

1)  I responded to your second thread asking the same dumb-ass question as the old one.

2)  In the process, I may have responded to the old one, which was linked into the newer one (not by me).

3)  I don't think I called you any names in that thread at all...I simply disagreed with you about the CCW badge, and with someone else about the BE badge.

4)  You deleted the proof and then start a thread asking me to address the issue.  I don't suggest you try that tactic when you're a lawyer...it can get you into a lot of trouble.

One more thing...I applaud the way you chose to address this in such a mature and adult manner.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=64605[/url]

To Goatboy:

Feel free to unlock his account...I can take a little heat.  Also, is there a way you can look at these threads he deleted, or are they immediately purged?  Unless other people remember, his response will be "Chimbo is a liar".  

If he is correct about me resurecting the original one, I owe him an apology.  But if not, I think I owe him a big fuck you.

-Chimborazo
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Chimbo, GB beat me to the trigger.  I was simultaneously in the process of researching both threads to see what needed locking when GB took care of business.

Ad hominem attacks of other forum members aren't going to cut it.

Chimbo, I don't have a problem with your post(s).
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
W[:D]IM was here

wanted to see if it worked..sory for weezing on your gig Chimb.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
 Some background info for you:  I can and will keep a cool head here; I am also a US Marine, trying to become a 2nd Amendment lawyer.  I am not some dumb 18 year old punk that will take a beating lying down.  I also burn hotter than most, so keep that in mind.  That being said, onward to the level-headed discussion:

I was reviewing my post history, and noticed that my old thread was being posted to again, after over 2 months of inactivity.  Surprised by this, I looked back to see that you had posted on October 24, 2001.  This was the first reply that I noticed after the thread became inactive around the middle of August.  

Like I said in the locked thread, I am man enough to admit a dumbass mistake on my part.  The badge issue is a loser, we all know that at this point in the discussion.  My assertion that you are a bodily excretory orifice may have been off-base, but I invite you to explain your side of the issue before I decide.  If I am again in error, please accept my apologies.  If I am right, we will have some email heart-to-heart on the matter.  Please let me know your side of the story!

-Rich
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be back on around 6:30pm EST-- talk to you then.  Also, is the email that you listed your correct email address?  If not, please email me.  I look forward to your explanation of this GDFM.  
-Rich
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
My response above IS my side of the story.  The inactive thread you are talking about is what was linked in the new thread.  I specifically remember someone saying in the newer thread that the question had already been posted and linked to the old thread.  I must have submitted my response to the old thread...not the new one.  However, since they are both gone, it makes it a little difficult to defend myself.

Did you post about the CCW badge twice?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah...Yes, my e-mail is the same one in my profile ([email protected]).  However, since you chose to attack me publicly, I would rather resolve this publicly.  

To clarify my question above, did you start two threads relating to CCW badges?  The one I apparently resurrected [i]and[/i] the one from yesterday (or the day before)?

NOTE:  Given the nature of this discussion, I am purposely not editing any of my posts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh and kick RBAD in the nutz!
View Quote

OKAY!!

(Why are we kicking RBAD in the nuts?)
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok Chim- here's the score:  I was reviewing my post history, when I was surprised to see that one of my very old threads had been posted to.  I looked for the person who had reactivated the thread, and it was indeed you.  The post hadn't been touched since mid-August, so I couldn't believe that someone was actually doing this.  I can't comment on the other thread, because I am not aware of anyone else who has posted to that topic.  Acting on Goatboy's advice, I decided to delete the threads and avoid involving anyone else in this business.  
  All of this should be undisputed by both of us, am I correct?  At this point, if it was not you who restarted the thread, who did?  Please enlighten me, and I will deal with them accordingly.
-Rich

To also answer your question about a recent post:  I have posted absolutely NOTHING relating to a CCW badge since approx mid August.  Yes, I did post the topic twice- over two months ago.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a post within the past few days about this.  In that post, somebody said "You have already asked this question, did you think you would get a different answer this time?" and posted a link to the previous one.  I definitely remember reading the linked one, and what probably happened is that I responded to the LINKED one, thereby resurecting the old post.  However, I am positive that there was a thread about this on the front page when I responded to the linked one, and that thread no longer exists because I have searched my post history for the last three months.

So, it would appear that the recent one has been deleted too.  

If there is any the mods can revive it temporarily, this would be resolved VERY quickly.  Also, I know there are others on here that posted to that thread...they could shed some light as well.

By the way, do you remember what I said in that thread?  I know I posted about Bail Enforcement badges.  Is that the one?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At this point, if it was not you who restarted the thread, who did?  Please enlighten me, and I will deal with them accordingly.
-Rich

View Quote

How dare them respond to your old thread!

I hope you find the bastard and nail his ass to the wall!

*edited because I can't spell...
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Not really my biznezz, but what is the big deal with resurrecting an old post?  I rarely look at the dates on threads, either.

Edited to add stuff, not to cause more confusion.  :-)
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Chimbo,
 I absolutely have NOT posted anything even remotely related to the badge issue since mid-August.  Do you have any idea of the title/author of the thread that you were originally trying to reply to?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chimbo,
 I absolutely have NOT posted anything even remotely related to the badge issue since mid-August.  Do you have any idea of the title/author of the thread that you were originally trying to reply to?
View Quote

Nope.  I've searched using "ccw", "badge", "concealed", etc. and I haven't found it.  It must have been deleted.  I never go more than 4 or 5 pages deep when I browse GD, so I wouldn't have stumbled across a three month old thread.

I have a feeling that we aren't going to resolve this without the original threads.  I also have a feeling that this is a big misunderstanding.  I rarely intentionally try to make someone look stupid, so if you felt that way, I apologize.  That is reserved for the trolls, or people who REALLY piss me off.

Anyway, I still would like to find out because I am really curious about what exactly went down.

-Chimborazo
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#16]
thebeekeeper1 - Thanks...nice to hear.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Let's keep this in the public domain without any comments from the bee..errr  peanut gallery.  So, between you and I, for all the world to see, this is what I found:
This guy started a funny thread about a concealed carry vest.  Someone mentions a CC badge, and SNorman says this (after which you replied):      

SNorman

WA,  USA
Posted - 10/24/2001 :  14:55:28      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was going to post this on the thread where the guy wants to hang a badge from his mirror but I can't find it now....

Chimborazo
Team AR15.Com

VA,  USA
Posted - 10/24/2001 :  14:57:17        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAY!!

It would seem that SNorman may be involved in this.  I so, it would make Chimbo look a hell of a lot more credible and respectable.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, I found that one too, but when I searched under SNorman's ID I couldn't find the thread that I was talking about.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=63858[/url]

My response was to his title which was ""Overt" concealed carry - show your authority!"  It made me think of Southpark, which made me laugh.
I was not responding to his latest post.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm going to have to check out for the evening.  I'll be back Sunday.

So for now, [beer]

-Chimborazo
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds fair to me- we can sort the rest of this mess out on Sunday.  This is an interesting turn of events, as I did not know that SNorman was involved.  I hope this helps to refresh your memory, as this was certainly the only post that made a mention to you about my old post.  Let me know if you have any revelations, I'm tired of worrying about this, and need to get my Friday night started.  
     So, for now, I'll second that- [beer]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm confoozed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#22]
dissipator556,
That thread is related, but it's not the thread that I was talking about where the link to your original one is.  That one must have been deleted.  SNorman's thread came about at in response though.  Anyway, I just got back into town and I have to go look at some houses (WOO-HOO!!).  I'll try and check back in tonight...if not, I will check in tomorrow morning.

Striker,
I agree...I think it's your turn!![:D]

ARChoo,
I don't bother telling people when I'm confused anymore...I just tell them when I'm not.  Much easier for me!!

-Chimborazo
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Roger that, I'll be back on later tonight- good luck with the house hunting.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#24]
This is in reply to your deleted post which may have not been deleted but simply moved to far back in Gd for me to find or it may have been sprikled with maple hexnuts and fed to the jaberwocky or ,contrarywise, perhaps this relates to the question about if your are going down the parkway--why do they call a place to park a driveway?---in your canoe and your right front tire falls off, how many pancakes does it take to fill a breadbox? the answer is 12 because Ice cream doews not have bones.......

random surrealistic post.....good work guys, I hope you understand what you are discussing...
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#25]
LOL!!!  I was thinking about how confusing this must be to some.  It takes me a long time to write these posts because it is VERY difficult to explain.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#27]
What in tarnation are you guys huffing about?  Maybe I missed something? Anyway I posted the picture based on the statement by somebody to the effect of "why call it *concealed* carry if you openly display a 'concealed carry' badge".  I was just trying to lighten the mood.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
See the goat over by the brass pole. He has the plastic.[:)]
View Quote

NO WAY!!  The last time I did that the goat bit me and then tried to hump my girlfriend.  Damn [strike]Goatboy[/strike] goats.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#29]

REGARDING THE CWL BADGE:  I have learned an important lesson about the badge, and when it is prudent to display.  Some think that there is no need for such a trinket, and that people who own these are cop wannabe's, but I would respectfully disagree.  
 Please, let me explain, and read this with an open mind:  In our society, any public display of a handgun (even when unintentional or justified) may bring about panic and disorder.  Too many people (at least around here) are brainwashed into thinking that weapons only belong in the hands of police officers and the military.  These facts are unavoidable, and may be more or less severe, depending upon where you live.     So, the problem becomes one of good concealment, while still having easy access.  
(When I am casually dressed, this usually means an IWB holster, covered with an untucked shirt or something.  This works great 99.9% of the time for me.  So far, so good).  
  Then, we have situations like last Saturday, when my wife and I glanced two supposedly "concealed" firearms.  The first was a guy with a larger framed revolver, carried in the small of his back.  He was sitting at a bar stool, with his shirt pulled tight against the outline of the gun- DEAD GIVEAWAY.  The second was a guy, walking by us on the sidewalk whose shirt was blown slightly up by a wind gust, revealing the exposed slide and grip of what looked to be a variant of old slab sides.  Now, had I been your average joe, those two situations would have likely caused me some fear, and a possible "man with a gun" call to the cops may have ensued.    I politely let the guy at the barstool know that he needed to fix himself, and just laughed at the other guy, who realized what had just happened to him.
 My point is this:  having the badge attached to your belt- CONCEALED, along with your weapon can be a useful tool.  Now, for those of you lucky bastards in Alaska or Arizona, or anywhere else where the liberal mindset does not dominate, please disregard this, as it doesn't apply.  Having the badge does not make me think I am somehow more important, or have more rights than someone else, it is simply a precautionary measure.  I say that anything that has the potential to keep your ass out of jail is worth its weight in gold.  Flame away boys... [flame]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top