Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/6/2006 11:25:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 11:26:55 PM EDT by fivepointoh]
so ever since i was little my parents have always saved all our aluminum cans (be it cat food cants, beer cans, pop cans, etc.) and once we get enuf bulk we recycle them. i went approx a month ago w/ 120 lbs of aluminum cans and came out w/ $85 dollars. so i'm thinkin being that i live near one college town while i'm at home (champaign) and that i live in another college school when i'm at school that i'm going to start collecting for myself. this will help me get all my fun toys for my rifle and other various things (alcohol/weekend money, cards tickets, concert tickets, g/f accessories, etc.)

i'm also getting rid of a bunch of stuff this summer too. my two bass guitars w/ my amp and pedals, 15X7 (4) torque thrust II polished rims, ford 1965 289 c.i. motor, genuine 1969 mustang parts that i don't need anymore since the restoration has been complete for approx three years) shit tons of baseball cards......and the list goes on....so be watching the EE very very soon!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:26:55 PM EDT
hmm wonder how much money an average bar throws away every week end..

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:28:46 PM EDT
wow good question....i would love to know but i would say close to 120 lbs every weekend!!! hmmm might start hangin out for after hours behind the bar too hehe!!! just think...in a month or so of doing that you could by an m3, an eothingy, ff hg's, uppers, lowers, AMMOOOOOOOOOOOOO, or whatever your little heart desires!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:31:47 PM EDT
with my luck i would try to xollect cans from a bar that only serves these :

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:32:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cluster:

I've wondered this myself. What about taking recyclables on a X-country trip and redeeming them in a state like MI (.10 per can/ bottle).

CAN it be done? I have a pick-up and plan on driving east this spring......

--VT
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:33:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS:

I've wondered this myself. What about taking recyclables on a X-country trip and redeeming them in a state like MI (.10 per can/ bottle).

--VT

Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:34:09 PM EDT

with my luck i would try to xollect cans from a bar that only serves these :
www.blm.gov/historic_bottles/Typing/beer/beergroup_small.jpg

LOL THAT'D BE MY LUCK TOO....BUT THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS TAKE THOSE AND HAVE A BLASTFEST W/ THE ANTI ZOMBIE SHOOTING DEVICES!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:34:16 PM EDT
Why would bars just throw out cans and bottles if there is redemption value? It makes no sense
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:34:59 PM EDT

so ever since i was little my parents have always saved all our aluminum cans (be it cat food cants, beer cans, pop cans, etc.) and once we get enuf bulk we recycle them. i went approx a month ago w/ 120 lbs of aluminum cans and came out w/ $85 dollars. so i'm thinkin being that i live near one college town while i'm at home (champaign) and that i live in another college school when i'm at school that i'm going to start collecting for myself. this will help me get all my fun toys for my rifle and other various things (alcohol/weekend money, cards tickets, concert tickets, g/f accessories, etc.)

Soooo, you're that retarded guy that's in the median strip of the highway that's wearing the Motley Crue shirt and those parachute pants?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:52:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS:

--VT

You only get the .10 if the can is marked on the top. If you don't live in a state that has deposits on cans most likely you will not get the right cans, if you do then you are paying a .05 cent deposit or .10 deposit in Mi.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:53:37 PM EDT
actually i shaved my mullet last night............no seriously i'm the guy you never see....being all tactical like....only going at night searching for cans w/ my NV and BLACK trashbags lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:54:56 PM EDT
120 lbs. is a shit ton of aluminum cans.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:55:44 PM EDT
My grandpa used to pull a little trailer behind his riding mower and pick up cans fron the side of the road, he made a couple hundred extra a month doing this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:01:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By walrus:
120 lbs. is a shit ton of aluminum cans.

yes yes it is....it takes my dad's f350 bed filled to the brim w/ a nylon tipe netting to hold all the bags of cans in!! lol
Top Top