Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 1:18:18 PM EDT
This is my new bug out ATV . . . it is the 05' Polaris - Sportsman - 700 Twin MV (Military Vehicle)
It rides better than I thought it would, with the Goodyear run flat tires, and the accessories package is just off the wall.  I took it out on the trails for awhile this afternoon ... man I didn't even have to use the 4-wheel drive feature and I was deep in mud, water... crawling up walls and over huge rocks.  This is one bad ass ATV if any of you have ever thought of buying one.

05' Polaris - Sportsman - 700 Twin MV

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Not counting the red X, what did this set you back?

And, is it quiet?  (an important attribute in a bug out vehicle)

(Neener neener neener... I'm better at posting pictures than you are!!!)
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Pm me I have Some good info for you on the Mv. Some must Do things.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not counting the red X, what did this set you back?

I got it used (it's still new) with 152 miles on it for $8000
I also traded my 99 Scrambler 400 in towards it and got $1800 for that, so I had $6200 out of pocket and $310 state tax.

And, is it quiet?  (an important attribute in a bug out vehicle)
It is quiet, and that is one of the main reasons I bought it, because my Scrambler was piped & jetted and was by no means quiet.

www.polarispowersports.com/art/mv-header.jpg

(Neener neener neener... I'm better at posting pictures than you are!!!)

Hey thanks for helping out with the picture, my photo server really sucks lately.

M4-CQBR

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice..

I was cruising around looking for information on quads and when I saw that one....

It's very nice it is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#6]
But its a Polaris!?!?

I hope you have another Quad to use while the Polaris is in the shop. It will be there quite frequently!

Now just get out there and ride!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But its a Polaris!?!?

I hope you have another Quad to use while the Polaris is in the shop. It will be there quite frequently!

Is that your experience with Polaris ATV's or someone you know?  This one in particular?

My experience is this... I've only ever owned one 4 wheeler in my life, and for the last 4 years it's been my 99 Scrambler 400 piped & jetted 2-stroke 72mph racing beast .... but with on demand 4wheel drive.
It was never in the shop unless I broke something riding it too hard or if it was getting a tune up.
Maybe I got lucky . . . or maybe I got but it is just a tool, another hunk of metal and I have no emotional attachment to it what so ever.  Hopefully it will run well for me.

M4-CQBR  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But its a Polaris!?!?

Is that your experience with Polaris ATV's or someone you know?  This one in particular?

My experience is this... I've only ever owned one 4 wheeler in my life, and for the last 4 years it's been my 99 Scrambler 400 piped & jetted 2-stroke 72mph racing beast .... but with on demand 4wheel drive.
It was never in the shop unless I broke something riding it too hard or if it was getting a tune up.
Maybe I got lucky . . . or maybe I got but it is just a tool, another hunk of metal and I have no emotional attachment to it what so ever.  Hopefully it will run well for me.

M4-CQBR  

Polaris in general. I have seen A LOT of QC probs on there bikes. Mainly in the transmission and front suspension.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top