Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 2:29:44 PM EDT
i havent sent it yet, i thaught i should get yore oppinions and (since my spelling is atrociouse) a proofread.

anyone who wishes to send this to him as well toy have my permission.

well here goes.

Dear Mr. Bush
    As I am sure you know the gun owners of this country have, really
come out to support you in this last election. I am very glad that you
made it for now we have a real human, capable of free thaught in the
office.

It is as a free thinker that I wish to converse with you now.
As I am sure you know the assault weapons control act (loveingly known
as the Klinton act) will sunset in 2004. This is an election year
(obviously) and will be a complicated one as the democrats will likely
try to make this ban an issue.

please Mr President, do not consider them a threat to yore seat, consider
them a THREAT TO THE NATION. In the 2002 elections we the gun owners
will once again come out in force to elect more pro-gun representatives
and senators. This way hopefully the antis will know any stink they rais
will be doomed to fail, and the bill will not make it to yore desk. You
sir would be off the hook so too speak.

However, even with our best efforts the slight chance may exist that it
will see yore desk, it is at this time that i make this request,
"REMEMBER WHO PUT YOU IN THAT CHAIR", it was us the gun owners. We will
fully support you again, but you must fully support us. We are tired of
being stepped on by the government, and treated like criminals. We are
the force that prevents crime, but the democrats and a few republicans
have repeatedly demonised us as some sort of cancer.

If you sighn a renewal into law you will certainly lose that seat, if
you veto it you can count on the support of every gun owner in this
country, as it would be a symbol that you not only stand for the average
american, but also for the rights that so many have faught and died for.

So sir, it is not a matter of what yore country can do for you, bot one
of what you can do for your country.

We all have something at risk here, but for the people, it is more than
a job, it is our very freedom. Yore stay on that seat is only temporary,
as it has been for 225 years, but you can put a nail in the coffin of the
freedom haters forever. This is something that can never be reversed.

I wish you luck in yore endevors untill then...

sincerely

name
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Dear Mr. Bush
As I am sure you know, the gun owners of this country have, really
come out to support you in this last election. I am very glad that you
made it, for now we have a real human, capable of free thought in the
office.

It is as a free thinker that I wish to converse with you now.
As I am sure you know the assault weapons control act (lovingly known
as the Klinton act) will sunset in 2004. This is an election year
(obviously) and will be a complicated one as the democrats will likely
try to make this ban an issue.

Please Mr. President, do not consider them a threat to your seat, consider
them a THREAT TO THE NATION. In the 2002 elections we the gun owners
will once again come out in force to elect more pro-gun representatives
and senators. This way hopefully the antis will know any stink they raise
will be doomed to fail, and the bill will not make it to your desk. You
sir would be off the hook so too speak.

However, even with our best efforts the slight chance may exist that it
will see your desk, it is at this time that I make this request,
fully support you again, but you must fully support us. We are tired of
being stepped on by the government, and treated like criminals. We are
the forces that prevent crime, but the democrats and a few republicans
have repeatedly demonized us as some sort of cancer.

If you sign a renewal into law you will certainly lose that seat.  If
you veto it, you can count on the support of every gun owner in this
country, as it would be a symbol that you not only stand for the average
American, but also for the rights that so many have fought and died for.

So sir, it is not a matter of what your country can do for you, bot one
of what you can do for your country.

We all have something at risk here, but for the people, it is more than
a job, it is our very freedom. Yore stay on that seat is only temporary,
as it has been for 225 years, but you can put a nail in the coffin of the
freedom haters forever. This is something that can never be reversed.

I wish you luck in your endeavors until then...

sincerely

name
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Strike two.  Next.  :^)
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Lads -
 Good letters,  I thoroly agree with the sentimets, and they mirror soething I have been writing as well.  Small suggestion - after you run the spellcheck on your letter to the President, ALWAYS have someone else proofread it for you, and go over it together.  It is important to remember that a well-written letter that shows thought will be more likely to get an actual response - even a form letter and a glance by the Man - than a letter rife with errors and showing any sort of percieved imbalance.

Just saying, take you time putting it together.  I have a file of actual LETTERS and DISCUSSIONS I have had with various pols.  I may not always change their minds with my words, but I have made my presence known and made my stance clear.  If nothing else, I let them know what they are up against... - even the Democrats!

WHen writing a Democrat in particular, it is important to know that they firmly believe they are the last best hope for this country.  That does NOT rpt NOT make them right, but one must keep that in mind when composing a letter to them.  Oddly enough, I spend more time writing back and forth with Democrats than Republicans!  Another useful little trick with the Dems is to leave yourself "open" to being convinced.  This does not mean that you need to actrually be willing to be convinced, just make them think you are, at first.  You can solidify your position if and when the letters continue, and you begin to enter a discussion with them.  Of course, support your position with solid, verifiable FACT, and leave the rhetoric to them!  Eventually, they will run out of hot air and you will still be ready to go!

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a few suggestions:
1.  "Dear Mr. President".  He is not the president of the school board.
2.  Spell check.
3.  Take another look at your punctuation.
4.  Seriously, I would drop cute phrases like: (loveingly known as the Klinton act) (sic).
5.  Do some research on the correct name of the legislation--it is not called the assault weapons control act.

I don't mean to be harsh, but some staffer will look at your letter, as written, and put it in the circular file.  Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
fully support you again, but you must fully support us
View Quote

would it be to much to subtly say that betrayal in the regard above can negatively impact a whole lot of things besides guns, a lot of people are pretty sure this is how his dad angered a lot of gunowners and gave us clinton.
If he did that he'd lose his margin to 3rd party people, or some might be so angry they vote dem or not at all.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand that President Bush will have the final say to Veto or not.  

My question is who else in my state of WV should I also write, if anyone that is.  The Governor, Senator.........  Any suggestions or should I just focus upon Mr. Bush.

John
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#7]
What makes you think he will actually read your letter?
It has to go through many people before he would see it. I think it might be better to petition the people advising him.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#8]
you should definately send to all polatitions in yore food chain,, uhh political chain, and if he gets enough of them, he may see one copy, thats all we need.  thats why i encourage all members to send it many times.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#9]
good point i have allways had trouble with those.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]
One other thing-it is seen as disrespectful to call the President MR. Bush.  Either use President Bush, or Mr. President.  Just by holding office he has earned the title.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#11]
thanks, i hadnt quite seen it that way but it makes sence.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Had his father beaten Clinton in the elections it could have easily been "the Bush act", remember the import ban?
When his dad signed the import ban it cost him the election, if the son allows the AW ban to sunset it will cost him the election. Especially if McCain gets his campain finance reform bill passed into law.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]It is as a free thinker that I wish to converse with you now.[/b]

should probably be:

It is as a free thinker that I write you now.

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Edited with a few phrasing, spelling, and punctuation changes.  Also note I added God into the letter.  Can't hurt considering the intended audience is a proud Christian.

Dear Mr. Bush,

As I am sure you know, the gun owners of this country really came out to support you in this last election.  I am very glad that you
made it, for we now have a real human capable of free thought in the Office.

It is as a free thinker that I write you now.  As I am sure you know the "Assault Weapon Ban" will sunset in 2004. This is an election year and will be a complicated one as the Democrats will likely try to make this ban an issue.

Please Mr. President, do not consider them a threat to your seat, consider them a THREAT TO THE NATION!  In the 2002 elections we, the gun owners, will once again come out in force to elect more pro-gun representatives and senators.  This way the ones who do not respect or observe our God-given freedoms will know that any stink they raise will be doomed to fail, and the bill will not make it to your desk.  You sir would be off the hook so to speak.

However, even with our best efforts, the slight chance may exist that it will see your desk.  It is at this time that I make this request:

Remember who put you in that chair.  

It was us, the gun owners and freedom lovers of this great country.  We will fully support you again, but you must fully support us. We are tired of being stepped on by the government and treated like criminals. We are
the forces that prevent crime and protect families, but the Democrats and a few Republicans have repeatedly demonized us as some sort of cancer.

If you sign a renewal into law you will certainly lose that seat.  If you veto it, you can count on the support of every gun owner in this country, as it would be a symbol that you not only stand for the average American, but also for the rights that so many have fought and died for.

So sir, it is not a matter of what your country can do for you, but one
of what you can, or are willing to do for your country.

We all have something at risk here, but for the people, it is more than a job, it is our very freedom.  Your stay on that seat is only temporary, as it has been for 225 years, but you can put a nail in the coffin of the
freedom haters forever.  This is something that can never be reversed.

I wish you luck in all your endeavors and God bless.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#15]
i have deleted some of my posts to make this thread more friendly..  well after all the suggestions this is what i ended up with, here it is and it seems pretty good.....

Dear Mr. President,
As I am sure you know, the gun owners of this country really came out to support you in this last election. I am very glad that you made it, for we now have a real human capable of free thought in the Office.
It is as a free thinker that I write you now. As I am sure you know the "Assault Weapon Ban" will sunset in 2004. This is an election year and will be a complicated one as the Democrats will likely try to make this ban an issue.
Please Mr. President, do not consider them a threat to your seat, consider them a THREAT TO THE NATION! In the 2002 elections we, the gun owners, will once again come out in force to elect more pro-gun representatives and senators. This way the ones who do not respect or observe our God-given freedoms will know that any stink they raise will be doomed to fail, and the bill will not make it to your desk. You sir would be off the hook so to speak.
However, even with our best efforts, the slight chance may exist that it will see your desk. It is at this time that I make this request:
Remember who put you in that chair.
It was us, the gun owners and freedom lovers of this great country. We will fully support you again, but you must fully support us. We are tired of being stepped on by the government and treated like criminals. We are the forces that prevent crime and protect families, but the Democrats and a few Republicans have repeatedly demonized us as some sort of cancer.

If you sign a renewal into law you will certainly lose that seat. If you veto it, you can count on the support of every gun owner in this country, as it would be a symbol that you not only stand for the average American, but also for the rights that so many have fought and died for.

So sir, it is not a matter of what your country can do for you, but one of what you can, or are willing to do for your country.

We all have something at risk here, but for the people, it is more than a job, it is our very freedom. Your stay on that seat is only temporary, as it has been for 225 years, but you can put a nail in the coffin of the freedom haters forever. This is something that can never be reversed.

I wish you luck in all your endeavors and God bless.

Sincerely,

thanks to everybody who posted replys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top