Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:11:15 PM EDT
he even got sent home with I.D.O.C. ankle jewelry to wear. while we were sitting outside this morning my phone started beeping... poor lad thought his jewelery sounded an alarm!
he says prison weight lifting is very good for population and guards alike.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Careful where that Mack truck parks.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Careful where that Mack truck parks.

no kidding! he says he can bench 225lbs about 18 times ala nfl style
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
According to ARFCOM's resident prison guards weight room priveleges are a great way to keeping the prisoners in line.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I think prisoners should be there to rot not become more dangerous when they get out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking about the marginal social benefit vs the marginal social cost when answering this question.   Could the funding for weight equipment have been directed towards more after school programs or other societal program?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My friend's dad is a CO.

He said the inmates that weight lifted would be good so their privileges wouldn't get taken away, they would also keep the trouble makers in line.

If anyone fought or attacked each other or a guard then the weights got taken away from everyone

He said things got violent after the state took away the prisoner's weightlifting privileges for awhile.

I think they ended up giving them back.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Another thing to consider, fit prisoners will more likely require less medical care thus saving money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Prisoners should be put in a cell with a slot for sliding their chow to them (gruel) and a slot for a shit bucket and they don't come out until their sentence is up.

There'd be no prisoner on prisoner or prisoner on guard assaults.

Wouldn't take long for the prison population to dwindle to next to nothing and would save us an assload of money.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]
i wonder how sore his ass is after 12 years of getting his fudge packed in
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]
What did he do time for?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

why don't you come and ask him yourself internet tough guy?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
How big is this guy? 225 for 18 reps is good but not that impressive.

I am 5' 9'' and 185lbs and I can do 225 for 12. 1 rep max is 315. I know guys my size that are doing over 400. Its crazy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]
The social considerations are only benefits while they are IN prison.

Nobody who isn't in prison wants someone who fucked up once, to be able to fuck up even more efficiently and effectively when they get out.

Find something else to do the carrot/stick thing with please. Let them read books (for books on tape) for blind people to receive bacon or something instead.  Their future girlfriends, victims, parents, arresting officers and opposing gang members will appreciate someone who can read over someone who can bench press a bunch and has a healthy heart.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a convicted felon.  Did you really think this thread wouldn't eventually have that question asked, oh friend of tough guy's dad.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a convicted felon.  Did you really think this thread wouldn't eventually have that question asked, oh friend of tough guy's dad.

Internet tough for someone else is the bomb yo!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The question is how long until he's back in the pokey.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I think prisoners should be there to rot not become more dangerous when they get out.

I think this man is correct.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Prisoners should be put in a cell with a slot for sliding their chow to them (gruel) and a slot for a shit bucket and they don't come out until their sentence is up.

Wouldn't take long for the prison population to dwindle to next to nothing and would save us an assload of money.

I also think this man is correct.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he's into that sort of thing now.  12 years is a loooong time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

give me your address and phone # keyboard kommando

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

home invasion / attempted murder / assualt with a deadly weapon

he broke into a  house to steal for his heroin addiction (home invasion). he threw a vcr at the home owner and hit her in the hand with it when she confronted him (assualt with  a deadly weapon and attempted murder). sentenced to 25 years.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Butt hurt over a hurt butt question.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did he do time for?

he broke into a  house to steal for his heroin addiction (home invasion). he threw a vcr at the home owner and hit her in the hand with it when she confronted him (assualt with  a deadly weapon and attempted murder). sentenced to 25 years.

and we're off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Sewing

Needlepoint

Touchy feelly counseling
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#25]
If they don't have weights to lift, all they would do all day is sit around telling each other about this wonderful book called the Koran.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I am 5' 9'' and 185lbs and I can do 225 for 12. 1 rep max is 315. I know guys my size that are doing over 400. Its crazy.

5' 7" and 160lbs his max is 340

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh c'mon... you posted here, of all places, about some kid that just got kicked from the house of locks.

What were looking for, sympathy?

Try the dictionary... right between "shit" and "syphilis".

Folks that have done hardcore state time... earned it.

No tears here.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

Doesn't matter why someone broke into someone else's house.

Doesn't matter what they used to assault the person with.

Doesn't matter where the person that was assaulted was struck, cut, etc.

Stop trying to minimize the seriousness of what he did.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well, they should have a toilet.  Guards shouldn't have to carry prisoner's waste.

Give them a large library of books as well - and not the "how to commit a better robbery" books.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

This is ARFcom, and therefore regardless of what you think, the following is an acceptable response.

It's too bad the woman didn't have a gun.  Could have saved the state 12 years worth of meals and housing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

It's too bad the lady didn't shoot the fucker.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nobody who isn't in prison wants someone who fucked up once, to be able to fuck up even more efficiently and effectively when they get out.

Find something else to do the carrot/stick thing with please. Let them read books (for books on tape) for blind people to receive bacon or something instead.  Their future girlfriends, victims, parents, arresting officers and opposing gang members will appreciate someone who can read over someone who can bench press a bunch and has a healthy heart.

he got his GED and a AAS in hvac. he is about 20 credits short of BS degree in  addiction / counseling. for the last two years he counciled new offenders about making better choices and using their time wisely while inside.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Butt hurt over a hurt butt question.

not at all. i bet he wouldn't say that to any cons face.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, I hope he learned his lesson.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Im against amenities for prisoners....period.
Its prison....punishment....its not a health club.

Want to lift weights?
Stay out of prison and you can join any gym you like.

The prison system is broken and needs to be completely overhauled.
I dont know of a way to make it work using the current foundation.

That said, when all is said and done, I am in favor of whatever costs the least.
If there is a linear inverse relationship between prisoners lifting weights and infirmary costs then so be it, but I still dont like it based upon principle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

5' 7" and 160lbs his max is 340

5' 7" and 160lbs IS "MACK TRUCK" size????
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

he got his GED and a AAS in hvac. he is about 20 credits short of BS degree in  addiction / counseling. for the last two years he counciled new offenders about making better choices and using their time wisely while inside.

Maybe there's hope for him.  Too bad his felony history is always going to be a shadow over his career.  

And as noted already, he's lucky to be alive, instead of featuring in an "Armed Citizen" paragraph in American Rifleman.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

Ya...no shit.

He should in the cemetery right now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.

I benched that much in high school.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

please show me where i tried to minimize what he did? he did the crime and deserved to be in jail! im sorry he did the crime. im not sorry he did his time. im a firm beleiver in being responsible for your own actions. he got what he deserved. i just hope hes learned and can move on. hopefully have a productive life from here on out. if he chooses to fuck up again, its all on him again and he will get what he just deserves.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#41]
In because of the threads potential.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did he do time for?

Ya...no shit.

Pretty sure he was explaining, not minimizing.  Kinda silly that throwing a VCR is attempted murder, though.  Assault, sure, but not murder.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

Ya...no shit.

What? You'd give him a proper burial?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

12 years that your friend's POS son worked out on my dime.  

As a person whose house was robbed in 2006, family heirloom firearms were stolen (and never recovered), and whose dog was kicked so hard that she got broken ribs, I have earned the right to say that:

I sincerly hope that your friend's son had a VERY well-endowed prison husband.
I sincerly hope that no lube was EVER to be found.
I sincerly hope that said prison husband liked to cuddle after the prison buttsecks.
And I sincerly hope that he has a nice ring of genital warts around his cornhole for his trouble.

Does that make me an "internet tough guy" as well?  Who knows.... I'm "tougher" than some, not as tough as others.

I'm quite sure that your friend's son is larger and stronger than I am.  I wonder why....

But I know this–– and you can take from it what you will–– your friend's son does NOT have the courage to come here in the middle of the night.

Damn POS... served 12 years of a 25 year sentence for home invasion.

–– John
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just curious would you feel the same way if it was your sister, wife, mother for writing a few bad checks, over $300.00.  What if it were your son or daught, made a mistake/bad choice drinking and driving involved in an accident that killed or seriously injured some one? What if they were texting and hit somone?  These instances could be charged as felonies.   Most offenders who end up in prison have had numerous chances to get their shit together, so I don't necessarily have a lot of sympothy for circumstances in prisons, but you might look at it differently if it is someone you know and love. I for example have a relative by marriage, he did at least 2 different terms of prison. Far as I am concerned he should probably still be in he was and probably still is a p-shit.  I haven't seen him for close to 15-16 years, I don't wish him ill, and hope if he is still alive he has made some positive changes in his life, but I doubt it.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get a bs degree in addiction/counseling?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe there's hope for him.  Too bad his felony history is always going to be a shadow over his career.  

And as noted already, he's lucky to be alive, instead of featuring in an "Armed Citizen" paragraph in American Rifleman.

very true! i think getting killed while robbing someone is the cost of doing business. while i would feel bad for my friend i wouldn't feel bad for his son. thankfully it didn't come to that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

Ya...no shit.

Pretty sure he was explaining, not minimizing.  Kinda silly that throwing a VCR is attempted murder, though.  Assault, sure, but not murder.  

I dont give two shits what he was explaining.......the robbery victim should have ventilated that mother fucker.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

+1.

Chained to the wall near a shitter is being nice in my book.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#50]
In most cases I'm in favor of letting them lift.

They need some way to deal with stress.  Prison is VERY high stress.

Prison guards need a bargaining chip to help keep the prisoners in line too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top