Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 1:48:01 PM EDT
It works pretty good right?

how does it look? how does it preform seems like the red dot is going to be about 2" above the axis of the barrel.

any comments?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
ARMS A2 Plus goose neck mount.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw this one setup that worked pretty well on an A2 upper:

Knight's RAS forend and a riser for the ARMS throw lever mount. Cowitness with iron sights.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the aimpoint goes out over the handguards on a forward mount like the arms a2. it lines up directly with the sights on the carry handle of the a2.

So that the iron sites can be used as a backup ?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the aimpoint goes out over the handguards on a forward mount like the arms a2. it lines up directly with the sights on the carry handle of the a2.

So that the iron sites can be used as a backup ?

you catch on pretty quick
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
A.R.M.S.® #39™ A2 Plus Mount

For the A1 and A2 carry handles on M16 rifles.

The main body of the A2 Plus mount locks into both the carry handle channel and the handle front support, utilizing two A.R.M.S.® self locking thumbnuts. The capability provides rigid support of the dovetail platform that is extended over the hand guards; just like the patented Swan® Super Extended Sleeve. The A2 Plus mount comes with the A.R.M.S.®/Swan®/aka Mil-Std. 1913 rail machined to mate the top of the carry handle, much like the famous A.R.M.S.® #2 M16A1A2 Scope Mount. It provides dual mounting capabilities while maintaining the enhanced iron and optic see thru function. The bi-level mounting capability offers multiple combinations of attachments - no tools required. The mount also features a brush breaker at the front to prevent branches and other objects from wedging between the hand guards and the suspended rail. Optical and laser perfect parallel alignment are achieved, while eliminating head and vibrations that may be experienced in barrel mounting systems.

NOTE: It does not fit on detachable handles.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok tell me about the mount that the Army used before they went to A4's, it was a rail that sat on top of the carry handle?

are those any good?

no backup sites though...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok tell me about the mount that the Army used before they went to A4's, it was a rail that sat on top of the carry handle?

are those any good?

They have various versions of those, you can use iron sights, but with less visibility.  Your sight will be much higher than the barrel, so zero your weapon accordingly.  Offhand, I would estimate zero the shots at 1.5 inches low for a good battlesight zero.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

are those any good?

They have various versions of those, you can use iron sights, but with less visibility.  Your sight will be much higher than the barrel, so zero your weapon accordingly.  Offhand, I would estimate zero the shots at 1.5 inches low for a good battlesight zero.

Shit I cannot remember exactly which one it was but the one my buddy had on his AR looked exactly like the ones we used on the A2's when we got issued the M68 but no a4...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

are those any good?

It will work but the A.R.M.S.® #39™ A2 Plus Mount is really the best way to go, short of replacing the handguards with a rail system.  A lot cheaper too.  The #39 is a rock-solid platform for an Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

are those any good?

Shit I cannot remember exactly which one it was but the one my buddy had on his AR looked exactly like the ones we used on the A2's when we got issued the M68 but no a4...

It might have been a A.R.M.S.® #02™ M16 Scope Mount below:

Or maybe a A.R.M.S.® #16™A Aimpoint Comp Mt below:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top