Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/24/2002 1:26:26 PM EST
OK, I've been thru passenger screening a great number of times since 9/11. Always I have had my P38 can opener (the USGI one, not that oversized POS one) on my keyring. TODAY, they see something via the X-ray machine... puzzled, I play along.. anyway the security twerp wants to know where the keys are in my bag... I show him and he sez that the P38 is a no-go item ! (WTH?) I said, you gotta be kidding me,.... yep it's on the list of banned stuff. Well I always knew that the P38 was a leathal weapon [rolleyes] ...but damn! Well, anyway back at the TSA website, the P38 is NOT on the list.. I"ll be contacting the TSA tomorrow! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. [url=http://www.tsa.dot.gov/workingwithtsa/aircraft_prohibit.shtm]TSA Banned Items List[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:21:03 PM EST
Dude, if the security dweebs are having a bad day, a toothpick is a dangerous concealed weapon. They take mine away all the time. I love it when they ask if you have any sharp objects and are you carrying a laptop. I say, "Why yes, I just had my laptop sharpened." RCS
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:31:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:33:39 PM EST
what is a P38
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:42:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/24/2002 2:44:19 PM EST by redray]
a govt issue can opener. a john wayne. its flat with a shark fin like attachment that folds. the fin is the opener part. i cant wait to go through airport security and when hassled about "weapons", in my loudest voice proclaim, " I'm not middle eastern. Why don't you check middle eastern assholes for weapons?" or something like that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:48:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By redray: a govt issue can opener. a john wayne. its flat with a shark fin like attachment that folds. the fin is the opener part. i cant wait to go through airport security and when hassled about "weapons", in my loudest voice proclaim, " I'm not middle eastern. Why don't you check middle eastern assholes for weapons?" or something like that.
View Quote
That's a great idea, just plan on sitting on the ground as your plane flies away though. Security people only have a finite amount of power and they excercise every bit of it as far as possible. Give them an inch, they'll take your frequent flier miles.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:54:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By redray: i cant wait to go through airport security and when hassled about "weapons", in my loudest voice proclaim, " I'm not middle eastern. Why don't you check middle eastern assholes for weapons?" or something like that.
View Quote
Chances are the guy screening you is named Abdul Mohhamed Rakkim Sharif Akbar.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:57:56 PM EST
What! The outrage! I have to leave my dynamite and cattle prod at home now? Stop the insanity! How am I supposed to deal with cabbies and hotel clerks without these things?
Top Top