Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 7:06:22 PM EDT
Is it still legal to own a mini 14 factory side folder w/pistol grip/takes high cap mags/and has a flash supp. in California now days, or did calif. ban this gun?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply,
so just,factory folder/pistol grip,alone makes this contraband?
what happens if you get cought with one in california?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you were ever pulled over in a traffic stop
or something and a Cop saw it, he would probably
ask if it was registered ? if it wasnt, then he
would confiscate it, and arrest you or give you
a citation for possesion of an illegal unregistered AW in CA. , you would definitely
never see your rifle again, I think it would be
a felony ? and you would not be allowed to buy
or own firearms again, maybe even some jail
time.
View Quote

Interestingly, I've brought an AR to a local range that I [b]know[/b] is frequented by local law enforcement officers (on and off duty). Not once has anyone asked me if my AR is registered.

As far as I can tell, the law is a wobbler -- an infraction of the law can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending upon the mood, political leanings, time in the election cycle, etc. of the local District Attorney.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top