Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 4:09:01 PM EDT
Anyone have mid-life crisis and do some strange things that you later regretted doing?

I am not at that point yet but, I remember my moms....and while I think she doesnt regret most of the things she did, I think she regrets one of the results.  Her and my younger brother no longer speak.  
My mom and I didnt speak for awhile during her crisis either....she finally mellowed out and now we speak and spend holidays together.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Do not look outside your marriage for new and exciting sexual encounters.  

I hope Dr Frige "gets it done" for you, but even if he doesn't, please don't stray.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet you both really regret leaving the 'd' out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

My wife wants me to live and not get one.

I have good life insurance and she would be a rich woman if I died.

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do not look outside your marriage for new and exciting sexual encounters.  

I hope Dr Frige "gets it done" for you, but even if he doesn't, please don't stray.

HEY  believe it or not

That kind of midlife crisis behavior never crossed my mind...

And I would like to think I am years from a midlife crisis....

i was just curious....was discussing them with some other friends....and thought I bet this group has some stories
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

+1  But I am 37.  Other than the age, exact same scenario.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

Decide if the motorcycle is the hill you want to "die" on ...and realize your wife must love you (or at least like you a little) if the part about rich woman doesnt sway her opinion.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I bet you both really regret leaving the 'd' out.

nah
my first name and my maiden name are both spelled  "wrong"....so a little "d" doesnt phase me at all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

Decide if the motorcycle is the hill you want to "die" on ...and realize your wife must love you (or at least like you a little) if the part about rich woman doesnt sway her opinion.....

Yeah I know.  I just don't get why she wants to keep me around?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

Someone has to change the oil in the car and clean up after the dog
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

No dogs.  Litter box cleanup here..  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

No dogs.  Litter box cleanup here..  

ah
litter boxes arent too bad...
perhaps she needs you to plunge the toliets...
although, if your house is like mine, you are responsible for clogging them
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm starting mine a bit late at age 45 but it was somewhat delayed while I finished up my service to our country. First was the car. I'm busy shopping new pickups big enough to tow campers/ATV trailers etc. and was at the Harley dealership with a checkbook in hand ... and could write a check for any of the bikes on display (but didn't).  

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/SunsetBeautytoo.jpg

Nice car!!!!

Toilet plugged?  Naw.  Never happened.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

Be reasonable. Don't be a squid. Don't get a bike. You'll get off, and will probably hurt yourself a little.

It ain't worth it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#15]

The end is near! Soon you will come to realize that the list of things you can no longer do is longer than the things you can still do.      
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

Buy a 2006 Z06 Corvette
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

Buy a 2006 Z06 Corvette

Cliche'
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The end is near! Soon you will come to realize that the list of things you can no longer do is longer than the things you can still do.      

So don't write checks you body can't cash
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I got an M16 out of my mid-life crisis.

I never was a car/truck guy. Transportation is transportation.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm starting mine a bit late at age 45 but it was somewhat delayed while I finished up my service to our country. First was the car. I'm busy shopping new pickups big enough to tow campers/ATV trailers etc. and was at the Harley dealership with a checkbook in hand ... and could write a check for any of the bikes on display (but didn't).  

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/SunsetBeautytoo.jpg

I dont know why YOU are posting... Remember?? YOU do not exist!

NEVER seen you at a Burro Cyn shoot so as I said... DO-NOT-EXIST!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

This is why you are pushing me to get a Harley??? DEAR??
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm 34 and I've had like,  three mid-life crisis'.  I'm about due for another one.  Last time I bought a boat.  Another boat.   That makes three .  a canoe,  a 19 foot runabout and this one was a 17.5 alumacraft jon boat.

Now I need a jetpump outboard for it. I missed a SWEET one on Ebay yesterday cause I didn't have the dough.  Bummer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I am a man that appreciates the stability of a strong family and the excitement of what a good life has to offer. This keeps me at home when wrenching and out with the wife when showing it off. Mid-life crisis? Maybe.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I think in a nutshell, Mid life crisis happens to people that "grow up" too fast and miss out on childhood stuff...

I STILL feel like an 18 year old kid... I like my toys. I STILL buy and play bass guitar, STILL watch baseball games, and now buy guns. Plus you have to have a spouse that keeps you young at heart.

What happens is that you realize that you are now in your 40's and wonder "Where the hell did my youth go?" So you have that one last major purchase, one fling with another of the opposite sex or purchasing new body parts or paying for the removal of 'excess' body parts.

I have a neighbor that "wasnt 'happy' anymore with her life" and got herself ANOTHER divorce leaving her two sons devastated.

Life is what you make of it. Not what you own, what you 'feel' for that moment or where you live. Its what you feel about yourself and more important, What your loved ones around you feel about YOU.

Now excuse me for a minute, I have to go wake up the wife so she will make me a sammich!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm going to try to have my midlife crisis next year.  I'm gonna get a house and sell off my current car to buy a Porsche Boxster.   And I might shave my head, too.  

Oh yeah, and I'm only 28 (29 in two weeks) and unmarried.  Completely single.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I think in a nutshell, Mid life crisis happens to people that "grow up" too fast and miss out on childhood stuff...

I STILL feel like an 18 year old kid... I like my toys. I STILL buy and play bass guitar, STILL watch baseball games, and now buy guns. Plus you have to have a spouse that keeps you young at heart.

What happens is that you realize that you are now in your 40's and wonder "Where the hell did my youth go?" So you have that one last major purchase, one fling with another of the opposite sex or purchasing new body parts or paying for the removal of 'excess' body parts.

I have a neighbor that "wasnt 'happy' anymore with her life" and got herself ANOTHER divorce leaving her two sons devastated.

Life is what you make of it. Not what you own, what you 'feel' for that moment or where you live. Its what you feel about yourself and more important, What your loved ones around you feel about YOU.

Now excuse me for a minute, I have to go wake up the wife so she will make me a sammich!!!

That was just beautiful man!  

And your wife will be along in a few minutes to read this...  You are such a suckup!!!  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm going to try to have my midlife crisis next year.  I'm gonna get a house and sell off my current car to buy a Porsche Boxster.   And I might shave my head, too.  

Oh yeah, and I'm only 28 (29 in two weeks) and unmarried.  Completely single.  

Boxster?  Are you a girl???

911 or nothing at all!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was just beautiful man!  

And your wife will be along in a few minutes to read this...  You are such a suckup!!!  

Are you kidding?? She is on the couch watching "The Amazing Race" on GSN and then she is gonna go to sleep. She aint reading this until tomorrow. Then again I have always felt like this so its NO surprise to her.

Where the F*** is my sammich!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I didn't look outside the house to solve my Mid-Life Crisis.

I built the 'solution' in my garage.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

My situation exactly!  I still burn rubber in front of the house, drag race my sons at the track, buy guns and cases of tannerite, learn new songs on the guitar, etc.  I agree with you in that I feel I've never actually 'grown-up'  - whatever that means.

I have no regrets about where my youth went because in many ways, I still have it - along with a great wife and three terrific children who keep me grounded.

The 66 Fastback pictured above with the 400HP 351W, 3.55 posi 9" rear, tremec 5-spd is just icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

Buy a 2006 Z06 Corvette

Cliche'

I dont know of too many "cliches" that go 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.  I would give my left nut for one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'm 41.  

I want a motorcycle.  

Not a Harley.  

I want a motorcycle.

What shall I do?

You should listen to me.  I passed on the road this afternoon a guy I knew who was going from work to the gym. His GSXR1000 lay crushed on the left side of the road and he lay under a bloody sheet under the guard rail.  He was 40.  It ain't worth it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#35]
If you're 50 and still alive, it's okay you don't have to grow up!

My first childhool was okay, but this one is way cool!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If you're 50 and still alive, it's okay you don't have to grow up!

My first childhool was okay, but this one is way cool!

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, I was born in a mid life crisis and I will die in a midlife crisis (same one, continuous) I am retired and still don't know what I want to be. I don't have life insurance and my wife wants me to buy a mororcycle. I really do have it good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top