Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 1:20:39 PM EDT
what is the best way to get them out?
haven't seent them in the house just heard them in the walls!
poison out of the question been there and done that took 2 weeks for the smell to go away!
so what is my option for them!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:34:37 PM EDT
Ask them to leave[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:36:06 PM EDT
Set traps in the attic, basement, etc.

This worked for me.  The little critters used to wake me up in the night rootin' around inside the walls during very cold weather.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:36:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2004 1:38:24 PM EDT by tivoli410]
you see the rat thread?
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=221467[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:36:49 PM EDT
rat zapper and put it in the attic!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:38:52 PM EDT
With winter here I have a couple in the house also. I set out a couple of traps with peanut butter for bait, set them along their likely travel routes, (along walls, in the pantry, etc.) Had them out for a week now with no luck, but sooner or later they'll get nailed. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:44:12 PM EDT
I think our killer bassets ignored ours.  I used a combination of peanut butter, bacon grease and cheese and those stick on plates added a little jam and bacon.  Clumped them where they had to pass several devices or go out in the open.

Generally took a few days.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:55:00 PM EDT
I use the glue pads. Two weeks ago my wife bought one of those sonic pest repellents. We hadn't had a mouse for about two years before that. I caught four in two days with the sonic piece of crap in the same room. It goes back to WalMart tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:06:17 PM EDT
I've had a couple this year. Illinois mice must really be smart, because unless I use one particular trap, the mice will lick the peanut butter off of the trap, without setting it off.
Half the time, the mice will lick the bait off the one trap that works. I've even put a baited trap inside a humane chipmunk trap, behind the little plate, and the damn mice still take the bait without springing the mousetrap or tripping the chipmunk trap.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:46:35 PM EDT
Assuming that they actually come out of your walls somewhere, which they probably do...

Fill a bucket with water, and make a ramp leading up to it. Have the water level about 3 inches down so then mice will feel that they can get a drink, only to find out that they must fall in to get the much desired water. They will swim around in circles for a while and drown.

Cheap and effective!

Works for most rodents, but it may take a few days for them to find it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:29:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DrunkDucky:
Assuming that they actually come out of your walls somewhere, which they probably do...

Fill a bucket with water, and make a ramp leading up to it. Have the water level about 3 inches down so then mice will feel that they can get a drink, only to find out that they must fall in to get the much desired water. They will swim around in circles for a while and drown.

Cheap and effective!

Works for most rodents, but it may take a few days for them to find it.
View Quote

That is a variant of the Alaskan mouse trap.  Put a string across the top of the bucket, with a bobbin smeared with PB.  The mouse may make it to the bobbin, but fall off into the water.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:51:55 AM EDT
A cat!  Used to tickle me, every year when it starts to get cold, everybody on my street bitches about mice.  Our subdivision has a large field behind it.  With my assault cats on the job, we've never had one!  Guess the mice know there's assault cats here.

Michael
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:17:10 AM EDT
Use the DCon poison bait mixed with peanut butter, they cannot resist peanutbutter.  Works like a charm, after a few days you might hear one moving erratically about and as Bill Murray says in Caddyshack, "That's all she wrote".  So far no mice activity for the last 2 weeks!!!
Top Top