Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/31/2002 4:01:48 PM EST
I've found two sites on the net where I can purchase these, but figured I'd ask the board before I bought. Looking for the bottle and valve that doctors use for freezing warts. Every year or so I go to the doctor to have small, flat ones removed from my hands and forearms, then, invariably, I get home, look at my hands in the right light at the right angle, and see a few tiny ones that he missed. With the valve and a bottle of my own, I can do it myself - maybe save some money too over the long haul. Please - I need my hands to stay beautiful. [:D] TIA
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:44:41 PM EST
I'd look into industrial suppliers, if I were you and really wanted to go this route. We use liquid nitrogen all the time to shrink large guide pins (3-4") at work. You can just dump it in a thermos, it's not under pressure. BUT..... Do you really want to save a few $$ this way? Do you know if those things are really benign? I know of 19 yr. olds with skin cancer. For warts, you can get a prescription drug called "Occlusal-HP", it works, and is not that expensive. Ask your doc. It's really not worth taking chances.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:51:03 PM EST
Not to mention serious burns. Besides, by the time you buy the container and somehow acquire the liquid nitrogen, it's no longer economical or worth the trouble. Go back and tell your Doc he/she missed a few. Or use the med suggested above.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:14:47 PM EST
[b]Waldo[/b], I believe it's moles that you have to worry about being malignant — wartz is just plain ol' wartz. [b]Tate[/b], here's another option for ya — most electronic supply houses sell "Freeze Spray", which is used for temporarily chilling components to see if they're intermittent. From personal experience, I can say that this stuff gets pretty cold (great for freezing roaches in their tracks!). Should work OK in your application. BTW, have you every considered taking up home dentistry? [;)]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:23:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By Skibane: [b]Waldo[/b], I believe it's moles that you have to worry about being malignant — wartz is just plain ol' wartz.
View Quote
That may very well be, but can he tell the difference, for sure? Don't get me wrong, I get them from time to time also. Is it not worth a few $ to know if they are benign or not and get a proper med?
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:37:22 PM EST
Thanks for the concern, Waldo / PbRx. They're benign - don't change color or grow fast or anything - a dermatologist has seen them many times (on me). I'll look into the "Occlusal-HP". Compound W is a pain in the ass and takes forever. Apparatus the doctors (military and civilian) use is just a simple pressurized (somehow) bottle with a little valve. I'd even wear glasses - the docs don't even do that (the stuff has itty bitty sizzling "slaters"). Skibane - that's a NEGATIVE on the home dentistry!!!! My butt was puckered and I was squinting so much I could barely see the screen when Tom Hanks used that ice skate on his tooth in "Castaway".
Top Top