Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 5:33:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Did anyone point to the fact that the law has not yet expired, but there are legal non- 'assault rifles' that look like illegal 'assault rifles' on the shelves?  Thus, from any political perspective, the the law is complete folly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Gunshop owner is probably just pissed off that his pre-bans are going to deflate like the Hindenburg did.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Gunshop owner is probably just pissed off that his pre-bans are going to deflate like the Hindenburg did.

If he's really a gun-shop owner....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Mr. Westrom a couple of weeks ago.  He is an extremely nice guy and he took about 45 minutes out of his day to chat with little ole me!  

I'd be willing to bet that "gun store owner" really wasn't who he said he was and was probably a plant by the liberals, MMM or the brady bunch.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:54:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
My experience with Mark W. was when my AR-10 broke a bolt when a Federal case primer got stuck.  Shooting reloads was not covered under the warranty, but, according to the tech working my gun, when Mark was shown my letter explaining what happened including the fact that I was shooting reloads, Mark said give me the bolt at cost.

Pretty decent guy in my book.  I'll be buying an Armalite again.

Merlin
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard the story and was going to start a thread after school today but I guess I'll goahead and post on my lunch break.

Campybob, respectfully, I don't think the story was quite as fair as you made it out to be.  In addition to the BS statement about "favored guns of crminals" (and they even mentioned AR-15 this time in the traditional list with UZI AK47, and Tec9 ... show me a criminal that uses a $800 AR?), the reporter also

1. Used BCSHV "statistics" in lieu of real statistics
2. Stated that "many" pre-94 weapons were grandfathered instead of saying "all"
3. Had 2 anti gun sources and only 1 progun source, who only got two tiny sound clips

And a couple other items but I've got to run. Did you know if you email NPR they may read your reprimand on the air?  They actually do read quite a bit of reprimands from conservative folks, so we all ought to email them a VERY CONCISE rebuttal to some of the points, and maybe they'll read one of ours on the air in a few days.

Anyway, it definitely had a liberal slant, but wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I heard the story and nearly wrecked the truck when they interviewed the FFL.

There ought to be a law...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, there outta be a law about libeling people... oh wait, there is... you did it today.

Touche!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
jb...heheh! maybe i'm just used to 10 years or more of REALLY damning firearm reporting.
---8<-----snip----8<-----
i think it added honesty to the report. i used to know a few of 'that sort' of dealer...walnut snobs. thankfully, they are long gone from the scene.

the reporter's comments on the politics of why the ban was sunsetting were actually right on the money.

his comment about how the anti's were probably regretting that they allowed the sunset clause to be written into the law was so ironic it was like twisting a knife in their back. heheh! i laughed aloud when he said that line.

Campybob,

I grew up listening to NPR so I'm used to it too, and I still say that it was not as fair as it should have been
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, there outta be a law about libeling people... oh wait, there is... you did it today.

So did the person who called me a transvestite drug user... you don't see me getting my little panties in a wad over it do you....

Oh wait... it was garandman who did that... nevermind... he's Christian... it's to be expected...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top