Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 1:37:27 PM EDT
What would be a good setup, including a repeater?  I want to set up something that will enable me to use handhelds and mobile vehicle units.  Give me brands and capabilities, even websites will be helpful.  thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I can probably help.

is this: (?)

a. Commercial
b. Amateur
c. FRS
d. cb
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I am looking at commercial type system(FCC license) for my business and to provide backup comm for personal use.  I have been looking around and there are some really versatile radios out there.  I had a customer show me a yaesu vx-5(?) that had radio, phone patch, and scanner (receiving) capabilities.  I really would like something like that, even if I have to install a repeater at my business to get better coverage.  My house is 4 miles as the crow flies from work, and wife works about the same distance.  I need to be able to have all radios talk to each other, and perhaps set up a phone patch to justify getting ISDN for the business.  I currently have 3 lines, and ISDN would enable me to get 4 lines.  The setup would use 2 for incoming calls, 1 for data, and 1 dedicated to the radios.  Main reason is more reliable comm between different members of family in case of breakdown of phone and cell communications, and lower operating cost versus everybody having a phone, when we all are within a 5 mile radius of the house most of the time.  Your info is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.arrl.org[/url]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the website, it looks that it is better to be a ham, than get a business license.  For you hams out there, what gear do you run?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
...what gear do you run?
View Quote

ICOM IC706MKIIG
Pricey, but well worth it. It runs all bands, all modes. It can be a base unit or a mobile. Check out [url]www.hamradio.com[/url]. They usually have that model on special where you get some form of free accessory.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#6]
that is a tall order for what you are looking to do, it will cost a 'few' dollars!

e-mail me and I'll talk further with you..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top