Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 3:49:30 PM EDT
:::Note. this is a letter from me TO the dennis kucinich campaign not fromn him to me. more details of why i wrote him to follow in later posts.:::

The first part is kucinich talking about the assault weapons ban. my letter begins with (1)

"""My efforts to lead the fight against assault weapons have been highly recognized by The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. One year after the DC-area sniper attacks, I have co-signed a bill, H.R. 2038, to renew and strengthen the federal assault weapons ban. I was also the only presidential candidate to attend the recent Save Our Sons and Daughters (SOSD) event.
While some of my opponents in the Democratic primary believe that gun laws should reside at the state level, I respectfully disagree. In this mobile society, national control of guns just is necessary, just as it is with pollution. It is the right of Americans to keep and bear arms; however it is not the right of American felons to arm themselves.
In a time when homeland security is of utmost concern, it is perplexing why anyone would not wish to keep guns out of the hands of those who might do us harm. This is why I would support legislation to require background checks, identical to the background checks currently required for transfers by licensed gun dealers, for firearm transfers by unlicensed gun dealers at gun shows. Sensible laws to prevent guns from winding up in the wrong hands do not infringe on any constitutional rights.
I agree with the Brady Campaign that Congress should end the gun industry's immunity from product safety regulation and that irresponsible dealers who allow weapons to fall into the hands of criminals should be held accountable. President Bush campaigned on the promise to reauthorize the assault ban weapon law. However, in a calculated move to avoid signing the bill, the President has not spoken out publicly or forcefully to make the House Republicans under Rep. Tom DeLay bring the legislation out of committee and pass it. It is a shame that our current President is willing to expend limitless political capital to financially benefit his own campaign contributors with trillion dollar tax cuts but will spend nothing to keep assault weapons out of the hands of potential terrorists."""

1. So called "assault weapons" are used in about 1% of crime. and while you can impose all of the "laws" on "evil scary LOOKING" guns guns that you want to it probably wont do much good seeing as how criminals have a bad reputation for breaking the the law. So putting more laws on the books to stop criminals is like trying to bail a river with a paper cup. So called "assault weapons" only look like military weapons and are semi automatic (thats one shot per pull of the trigger for the gun shy out there) They are not even nearly as powerful as the average hunting rifle that liberals are so quick to protect. kill a man from 500 yards with an ar15? maybe. But how about from 1 mile+ with a remington 700 bolt action hunting rifle in .308 caliber? So called "assault weapons" arent any more "high powered" than the average hunting guns that kucinich so avidly protects.
2. the 2nd amendment protects our rights to protection and security. Not hunting. hunting is priviledge not a right. Owning a weapon for defense and security is a right not a priviledge. While hunting style firearms are great for their intended purpose (hunting) they are a poor choice for personal protection or security of home, for the following reasons: hunting style weapons: have heavy recoil, are oftentimes long and unwieldy in the small spaces where self defense usualy takes place, hold very little ammunition so are useless against multiple attackers, And lastly since hunting guns are much more powerful than the "evil" assault weapons they have a ttindency to overpenetrate said bad guy and go into another room where say...... your kids are sleeping, and lastly lacking any kind of flash suppression you will be blinded by an enormous flash after the first shot in any low light or dark situation.
3. So called "assault weapons" are most useful for home security and protection because: They are small, lightweight, low recoil, easy to train someone else how to use, easy to clean and maintain, small and light enough for small spaces, most have flash suppressors so as to save you the blinding flash that could be potentialy fatal in a self defense situation.
4. legislation to ban so called "assault weapons" is based on fear. just because a weapon "looks" scary then its obviously more dangerous. in reality the rifle that sarah brady bought for her own son is much more powerful (and deadly) than the average "assault weapon" but then again it doesnt "look" scary. Well looks dont kill now do they? Just because somthing "looks" like a machinegun doesnt mean that it is a machinegun.
5. Trying to say that american assault weapons are used to arm terrorists is an assinine assumption. you can buy a fully automatic ak47 with cleaning kit and extra mags & ammo in just about any middle eastern arms market for less than $50 no questions asked. doesnt matter if you are 3 years old or 33 years old. doesnt matter if you are a good citizen or a convicted killer. you got the $$ you get the gun. why then would a terrorist be interested in coming into the U.S. through customs and everything just to buy an amnerican semi automatic (not a machinegun but one shot per pull of the trigger) ak47 with 1 10 round magazine (which is basically useless for anything but plinking old beer cans) for nearly $300 plus a background check? why would a terrorist do that? maybe if he was pumped on crack, or had a death wish.

6. lastly it is prudent to mention that 9 times out of 10 thieves get their guns by...........you guessed it STEALING them. so how are mfr's responsible then? Tell me, if you are hit head on on purpose by some idiot in a Ford truck and it goes to court, who is to blaim? the idiot that hit you? or Ford for making such a deadly vehichle and allowing it to get into the hands of the idiot that hit you? who is to blaim here? The DC "sniper" got his gun by stealing it, not by buying it.

7. Lastly it is a fact that the magority of people that own these evil scary "assault weapons" are normal every day polite gentle people like everyone else. many are either cops or retired cops, soldiers or retired soldiers, rescue personell, firemen, doctors, lawers and regular businessmen. trust me I know. We know that there are potential threats out there and we will use whatever weapons are available to us to stop the threats to our lives and the lives of our loved ones. While we can we will continue to use the BEST weapons available for defense and protection and the occasional get together to shoot up old cars and appliances with barbecue and whatnot at some shooting range somewhere. We do not appreciate our image as peaceful people being blurred by people who wish to ban things because they "look" evil" or because of what "might" happen. We will continue to fight with words instead of bullets, knowledge instead of rage and peace instead of violence.
We will continue to correct the lies (or blantant stupidity of people that dont know any better) that come from the liberal left concerning us good American people, our choice of weapons and our hobbies & pasttimes.
Sincerely NDBBM

*Disclaimer* Please pass this on to the correct person(s) and feel free to send this to fellow candidates. Notice if the reader of this note is a webmaster who doesnt give a crap then please excuse my mistake and transfer this to official channels. All opinions expressed in the above document are definately the opinions of assault weapon owers everywhere, NDBBM inc (R) copywrite 2003. All rights reserved.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Dennis was and still is a DICKHEAD!!!
When I lived back in the Cleveland area, he was revered as a true jerk with his head up his ass! But he kept on promising his nearly all black and on the dole constituants that if they elected him to office, he would get them MORE FOR FREE STUFF!! I never thought after he fell on his face as Mayor of Cleveland that the fool could get any further in life. But a truer asshole has never been seen in my lifetime, to be sure!!

And now he wants to be President? GOD ALMIGHTY, HOW HAVE WE SINNED TO DESERVE THIS PESTOLANCE THAT HAS BEEN CAST DOWN UPON US????

WE REPENT ALL OF OUR DEMOCRATIC SINS AND BEG FOR YOUR MERCY TO PART LAKE ERIE AND CAST DENNIS INTO THE DEPTHS!

Some people are walking around because it is illegal to ...

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
[lol]

btw. visit www.kucinich.com for some great laughs. [lol]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#3]
bump! [bounce]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#4]
WOW! You guys got those politicos that promise their voters free whatevers too, I though the we had a monopoloy on those folks here in the PRK. All those guys find it very easy to spend MY hard-earned money.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Whya re you wasting your time writing to Kucinich about guns?

1.  He'll never get elected president

2.  He'll never ever take your side in Congress.  

Waste of effort any way you look at it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with Raven.  Kusinutt is way off the deep end.  He's stupid too:

He was coming to AZ to campaign on pulling the troops from Iraq RIGHT AFTER THEY NABBED HUSSEIN!!

What a dickhead!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Who keeps voting for this guy?

Why is he still around at all?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

[@:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The silly thing is that I've seen Peckerheads driving around here in AZ with Kusinutt for Pres stickers on their cars.

I'm always tempted to bust the window out.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Whya re you wasting your time writing to Kucinich about guns?

1.  He'll never get elected president

2.  He'll never ever take your side in Congress.  

Waste of effort any way you look at it.
View Quote

why i wrote him?

1. When someone says somthing stupid i enjoy pissing them off and reaming them a new one.

2. the person that reads the mail is not kusnut and might by some sliver of hope be turned to our side. maybe.

3. I just couldnt leave it alone. When someone says somthing stupid regarding firearms I cant be comfortable until i correct them.

maybe it was wasted time but it was fun nonetheless.

once again visit [url]www.kucinich.com[/url] for some great laughs
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why is he still around at all?
View Quote

Willie Nelson and friends endorse him.

Willie's got a new anti-war song out.  Sounds like a teenage anarchist wrote it.  Try not to puke.

There's so many things going on in the world
Babies dying
Mothers crying
How much oil is one human life worth
And what ever happened to peace on earth

We believe everything that they tell us
They're gonna' kill us
So we gotta' kill them first
But I remember a commandment
Thou shall not kill
How much is that soldier's life worth
And whatever happened to peace on earth

(Bridge)
And the bewildered herd is still believing
Everything we've been told from our birth
Hell they won't lie to me
Not on my own damn TV
But how much is a liar's word worth

So I guess it's just
Do unto others before they do it to you
Let's just kill em' all and let God sort em' out
Is this what God wants us to do

(Repeat Bridge)
Not on my own damn TV

Now you probably won't hear this on your radio
Probably not on your local TV
But if there's a time, and if you're ever so inclined
You can always hear it from me
How much is one picker's word worth

But don't confuse caring for weakness
You can't put that label on me
The truth is my weapon of mass protection
And I believe truth sets you free

(Bridge)
Not on my own damn TV
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top