Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 10:10:00 AM EDT
I am just wondering i find burst annoying, slow and most importantly not Full auto.

Lets say you were going to Iraq seems like you would use semi 99% of the time but i still wouldn't mind having Auto for suppressive fire.

so how do you do it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
swap FCG brust to auto
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
and get an article 15 or worse.

Unless you are contract, then, have fun.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
and get an article 15 or worse.

Unless you are contract, then, have fun.

TXL

or if you happen to be the platoon armorer for a scout platoon

M4/m203's have almost no muzzle rise when doing a mag dump btw
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
is it possible to make an M16 have a safe/semi/burst/full selector?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Talk to your unit's armorer. Don't do it yourself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

tapco sells a kit that allows that.  IIRC it is about $200.00  would be fun for a registered receiver. but it does require milling the selector bumps off of the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tapco sells a kit that allows that.  IIRC it is about $200.00  would be fun for a registered receiver. but it does require milling the selector bumps off of the receiver.

So? Replace them with divets instead, and if you do that you're going to have to replace the text with: SAFE - SEMI - FUN - BANKRUPT
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So? Replace them with divets instead, and if you do that you're going to have to replace the text with: SAFE - SEMI - FUN - BANKRUPT

well yeah, it just happens to be more work than most people are willing to do to a $10,000.00 receiver
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have only seen safe/semi/3shot burst or safe/semi/FA, but not burst and FA in the same rifle.

The HK MP5s have safe/semi/burst/FA trigger pack.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have only seen safe/semi/3shot burst or safe/semi/FA, but not burst and FA in the same rifle.

I guess these guys are full of crap then
www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=M160903&back=yes&dept=24&last=21
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The safe/semi/burst/FA would be nice to have on a RR.  The best of all worlds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]
The M16A3 is the modern fullauto version - not sure who uses them but that would probably be comparable to the M16A4........full auto is overrated in my opinion - unless you have an unlimited budget to practice with.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#13]
From what i hear, all the MFA users say that a 4 position is the true sign of a noob.

Also, a 4 position kit does not require removal of the "selector bumps" AFAIK. The bumps are what hold the new selector plate in place. the selector itself sticks out further.

OF course, i don't own a RR, and have never used a 4 position kit......that's jsut what i've head online.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#14]
if your in my unit, you come to me with the parts in hand and i put them in for you.

if you swap them out by yourself i take the fa group out and replace it with a burst group, and "confiscate" the offending non authorized parts.

yall will prolly get mad, but you would be amazed how bad some dumbasses fuck up their guns.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read some where the military had bought some carbines equipped with safe/semi/burst/FA capabilities. It may have been the Air Force Commandos. I will see if I can dig up the article.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The M16A3 is the modern fullauto version - not sure who uses them but that would probably be comparable to the M16A4........full auto is overrated in my opinion - unless you have an unlimited budget to practice with.

If I remember correctly, that would be the US Coast Guard.

-Justin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top