Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 5:16:57 PM EDT
in the pre-credit part. CJ does a press conference about a shooting in a church in texas. Guy brings in a .38 to shoot his estranged wife. he fires 1 shot, hits some dude in the shoulder, fires a few more shots, then a licensed ccw guy pulls out a 9mm glock fires 3 shots, hits a little girl. then an aid wispers to CJ who then says "the little girl just died"
F'ing show, probably going to stop watching after this. It was borderline boycot before but they just crossed the line I think
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sharky you beat my post by about five minutes.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
[:)]
now bartlet is going off on the NRA to the VP
I think I will watch to listen for lies

Quoted:
Sharky you beat my post by about five minutes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What is really ludicrous is that the anti's will use this fiction to point out why we need more gun control.  They are taking a shot at CCW, particularly Texas allowing to wear in church, even though it never happened.  You would think that 9/11 would have shut these people up as it sure woke up a lot of Americans to the need for guns in the hands of the law abiding.  I quit watching this show ages ago.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit you did it again.

"The NRA worked on the State Legislature to weaken CCW laws, increasing gun sales and padding their membership"

WHAT?????????

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
left wing is a POS show. I haven't watched since just after it first aired.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I can understand a comment like we need to make it harder to get a CCW permit but the NRA made it easier to get CCW permits to pad membership WTF.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#7]
at least the VP is [i]kind of[/i] standing up for guns, but they've already shown the pres doesn't really like the VP
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I see an AR-15.com Army mission in the making. Can someone please post contact info and particulars? I will put together Mission 4. Just really busy right now.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn I like the VP, wasn't he Otter in Animal House.  

Maybe the guy would have reloaded and shot again if this guy hadn't fired.  I do have to fault the CCW guy for missing his target and possilbly taking a bad shot with folks behind his target.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#10]
information for a fire mission
[email protected]
I will look for more, maybe some west wing specific contacts
NBC Media Contact: Kathy Kelly-Brown, 818/840-4512

[url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AaronSorkin[/url]

this one is just sad
[url]http://hel-raiser.tripod.com/inspiring/sorkin.html[/url]

Aaron Sorkin may not be the first name that springs to mind when people think of American patriots.
In a way, he very much is.  Aaron Sorkin loves this country.  He knows what it can achieve.  And he wants it just as desperately as we lefties.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#13]
If outdated argument holds true  I guess we don't have any 1st Amendment rights on the internet since it didn't exist when the Bill of Rights was written and Our Founding Fathers could not conceive of it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#14]
It would be interesting to see how many CCW carriers have killed an innocent in a gun fight? How many LEO's off duty have done the same? how many LEO's in the line of duty?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#15]
The American President and The West Wing were made by the same people? No wonder, they both shared equal retardedness.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember last year they were talking about a hostage crisis at an embassy. They stated the bad guys, Hatian Military was armed with AR-15s, that we sold them and the USMC guards only had M-14's.

Hmmm .......Outside embassy with semi only 5.56 mm AR-15 vs inside embassy behind cover with select fire 7.62 mm M-14 tuff choice.

LOL
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Now the pres and the vp say that the 2nd is outdated and should be gotten rid of.
[uzi]
View Quote

Actually, they agreed that the [b][size=3]"2nd Amendment is an asinine amendment[/b][/size=3]"
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#18]
If it is soooo outdated why is a sheriff in OR considering activating the Militia to protect the water supply, substations and such?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Notice how they fail to mention the other people in the chusrdh that the Glcok guy saved? Leftist logic a church full of dead people is better than a dead girl. "We must do it for the CHILDREN"
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#20]
a licensed ccw guy pulls out a 9mm glock fires 3 shots, hits a little girl. then an aid whispers to CJ who then says "the little girl just died"
View Quote

I guess the girl's death would have been okay if it had been an off duty cop that accidently shot her.

Remember the Capitol Cop that accidently shot the lady when the nut burst into the check point shooting?  Nobody criticized that, it was accepted that these things can happen.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#21]
We're wasting good daisy cutter bombs on the wrong targets.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#22]
have a lot of the same actors too, and some sportsnight people

Quoted:
The American President and The West Wing were made by the same people? No wonder, they both shared equal retardedness.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Are you joking![?]  IM not sure why I am surprised.  What a POS show, I watched about 20 mins of the show a couple times and thought it sucked.  Just more blatant BS from the mainstream networks.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#24]
damn im suprised you people could even last so long took me like 2 minutes before i went "click" and changed the channel
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#26]
That show sucks beyond belief. It verifies why you should never NEVER vote for a Democrat.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm waiting for the West Wing episode where the president decries the harsher penalties possession of crack cocaine vs. powdered cocaine......

In case you didn't know, the producer of the West Wing, Aaron Sorkin was busted at an LA airport for crack and mushrooms.  Left 'em in his carry-on luggage, moron that he is.

If you ever find yourself thinking whoever wrote this shit must be on crack...THEY ARE!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Remember all the cast members went out and campaigned for gore.

I haven't watched this POS show since the first episode.  Martin Sheen just bugs.

Think this was a response to Emerson?  Actually they probably had this episode planned for a while. But, what do you expect from these holier than thou A-holes.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I especially liked the part when the President asked the V.P. something to the effect of "Why do people want to carry a CONCEALED gun? Wouldn't they want EVERYONE to KNOW they have the gun? As a warning?"

To which the VP replied "I dunno why people would want to carry a concealed weapon."

So both these characters in this story are completely unaware of the opposing side of such an important issue? Wouldn't it be more realistic for these two guys to have more of a clue in their position of authority as President and VP? Are they THAT dumb? No matter which side you pick on an issue, intelligent people are supposed to at least be AWARE of what the other side thinks.

I mean, c'mon - if this was about abortion, and the President asked, "So, why is it that people oppose abortion?" and the VP also didn't know, that would seem a little ridiculous. Shouldn't the wise President Bartlett understand both sides of the issue, even if only agrees with one?

I guess if they actually even spoke of the reasons people might want CCW that would defeat their purpose as writers/producers. Instead of providing the opposing view, the writers just claim the President and VP "don't know." How convenient. That is what pissed me off the most.

Of course, the VP could not possibly have replied, "Well, President Dumbass - Society is safer when criminals DON'T know who's armed. That is why people want the right to carry concealed."
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:47:59 AM EDT
[#30]
My wife likes the show.  I just call it "Left Wing" and refuse to watch it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Besides the obvious liberal slant to the show, I HATE all the clever banter, and the "walk and talk" at the same time crap.

Great point about the 1st amendment.  It is obviously outdated, as no radio, television, camcorders, etc.  existed when it was written.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
damn im suprised you people could even last so long took me like 2 minutes before i went "click" and changed the channel
View Quote

Simple, you need to know your enemy.

I had a revalation this morning - when the VP mentioned "axe control", the president took him seriously.

I think the liberal left is prepared to take the guns, then the axes, then the knives, then the knitting needles - what ever it takes to protect (control) us "children"
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#33]
The liberals still can't believe that Bill Clinton is gone, and Al Gore lost; and a conservative is in charge.  They are living out their lives in fantasy land where they are still in charge.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#34]
my comment on West Wing "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Pisses me off, because some of the acting is good on the show, and they have actually done some things well..

I watch TV for entertainment, not to have politics thrown at me....

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#35]
With our membership, a boycott of all products associated with any cast or crew member of the show could cost them tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars.

I sat and watched the whole show with my fingers resting on my keyboard, ready to fire off several letters and emails. When it concluded I just felt sorry for the misinformed writers and actors.

Maybe it is time though. Maybe it is time for a large organization that won't back down to political pressure to get their members together and organize a boycott of this type of harsh manipulation of the facts. Maybe it is time for us to show our strength.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I plug the antenna in once a week to watch 22minutes of the Red Green show on PBS.  Other than that I watch movies on the VCR and rely on you folks for up to the minute TV info.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
my comment on West Wing "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Pisses me off, because some of the acting is good on the show, and they have actually done some things well..

I watch TV for entertainment, not to have politics thrown at me....

View Quote

What better way for you to get your political message across than to incorporate it into a television show when you know that millions of drooling couch potatos are watching.

All it is is entertaining propaganda.

What is amazing is that this comes as a surprise to any of you.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#39]
This is exactly why I have never, and WILL never, watch that show. They pull a turd out of their collective ass and try to pass it off as a "only the names are changed to protect the innocent" version of the real world. The truth is that it's all leftist propaganda. Goebels would be proud.

The ONLY reason I'd watch such crap is to take note of which sponsors to boycot.

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Martin Sheen is a MAJOR anti-gun fanatic. He's gone so far as to narrate at least one film for someone like VPC. Not sure who paid the bills to have it made but I saw the film at a First Monday rally over a year ago. His participation alone is reason NOT to watch that garbage.

I MIGHT watch an episode if they decided to whack Sheen's character.

God, I hate that SOB.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#41]
MierinMD,

Yeah, lots of politics mixed with entertainment, but most farces aren't too political..I just enjoy the possibility that the West Wing might get the inner workings of our Executive Branch right now and then, and besides the Republican lawyer (Ainsley I think?), who is portrayed as Progun, is ...how do I say this PC?

A HOTTIE!  

Cheers

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't watch much TV anymore.  I'm too busy with my online support group for internet addiction[:D]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
...They are living out their lives in fantasy land where they are still in charge.
View Quote

EXACTLY.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top