Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 6:47:53 PM EDT

ok ok ok  no dead dog but I figure more people will read this....

saw something like this a few years ago dont know if it was just for revolver/pistol or what.....

laser practicing device where a shell goes into the gun and fires a laser visible or invisible to a target across the room that registers hits....

who makes it and is there a .223/5.56 version

a little help here arfcom
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
heres a pistol one

and another

but i want one for a rifle
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Those both look like boresighters that fit into the chamber, with the button hit by the fireing pin thats all, they would have to be manually cycled each time if thats what your thinking, it really doesn't make much sense to me.  If your goel is sighting in it would make more sense to simply buy a normal boresighter, if your goal is practice this would really be of limited use, it would only go for one shot (good for practiceing drawing and fireing thats about it.), then you would have to stand completly still to see where it went, as much as we diride it, this would be better accomplished with airsoft, and maybe some of those paint pellets.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
the army has the "beamhit" system.....its kinda like that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Those both look like boresighters that fit into the chamber, with the button hit by the fireing pin thats all, they would have to be manually cycled each time if thats what your thinking, it really doesn't make much sense to me.  If your goel is sighting in it would make more sense to simply buy a normal boresighter, if your goal is practice this would really be of limited use, it would only go for one shot (good for practiceing drawing and fireing thats about it.), then you would have to stand completly still to see where it went, as much as we diride it, this would be better accomplished with airsoft, and maybe some of those paint pellets.

not for sighting in just for fun while watching zombie training films

Quoted:
the army has the "beamhit" system.....its kinda like that.

any more info can civilians buy it???
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
did a google on "beamhit"

something like that but not so high on the price....this one is $375
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#6]
day crew help???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top