Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/26/2003 6:02:31 PM EDT
While I know this is more of a legal question, I still want to see if anyone here has had experience in this. I am looking at a small piece of property in north Texas, about 80 acres of great deer hunting, that has no public right-of way entry. In other words, landlocked by other landowners. There is entry across a private pasture and the current owoner uses it. What are the possible problems if I buy into this situation? Secure eaesment? Possible legal fights along the way? Any info is wanted... fullclip
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:13:42 PM EDT
My family has a similar piece of land in AZ. It is my understanding you have the right to cross their land in order to get to yours. However, I would talk to the other land holder to avoid problems. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:37:09 PM EDT
Deed should clear it up. Easmetns are typically recorded, I think. Not a bad idea to talk to surroundin landowners about the situation etc.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:04:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Publius: Deed should clear it up. Easmetns are typically recorded, I think. Not a bad idea to talk to surroundin landowners about the situation etc.
View Quote
Agreed. If you get to know your neighbors a little bit, they might give you the easement. I live in the Hill Country and that is fairly common down here. Tax office will have the Easement info.
Top Top