Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:11:51 PM EDT
Please tell me about your experiences at knob creek. I just seen it on mail call it looks awsome! Like if I go up there and get to tired how hard will it be to get a room at a hotel. How far do you have to park away from this thing (is parking an issue) Is it expensive to buy food and drinks there. Any info would help. I would really like to take my dad and brother I think it would be a BLAST
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Please tell me about your experiences at knob creek. I just seen it on mail call it looks awsome! Like if I go up there and get to tired how hard will it be to get a room at a hotel. How far do you have to park away from this thing (is parking an issue) Is it expensive to buy food and drinks there. Any info would help. I would really like to take my dad and brother I think it would be a BLAST

You need reservations for area lodging. They have camping on site. Moderate food prices. Parking can be a bitch with a mile or so hike in. They do run a bunch of those mules to carry your stuff out. Tips for the driver.

You need to check out their website.....and their Whiskey.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep wanting to go, its getting there and time off.

Bulletfest was cool too
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Bulletfest was cool too

The shoots run 3 days. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday,

No more excuses now. We are organizing an ARFCOM camp for Saturday night of the spring shoot. Mark yer calander....and don't forget to wax your board!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
why don't you come down one weeknd and go shooting at Knob, I am willing to meet you there and show you around! IM or email me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bulletfest was cool too

The shoots run 3 days. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday,

No more excuses now. We are organizing an ARFCOM camp for Saturday night of the spring shoot. Mark yer calander....and don't forget to wax your board!

Maybe this year, depends on how the time up to it goes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a friend that lives in Brooks about 15 mins away.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldnt make the shoot so I brought the shooter glasses here
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need reservations for area lodging. They have camping on site. Moderate food prices. Parking can be a bitch with a mile or so hike in. They do run a bunch of those mules to carry your stuff out. Tips for the driver.

You need to check out their website.....and their Whiskey.

If you're planning to go to the April show, then you need to make reservations now.

The whiskey can't be bought at the range itself; the liquor store at the corner of Hwy 44 and 31 (about a mile west of the range) has it though.

I used to go twice each year.  Got too expensive, though.  The first year I went, I volunteered as Security:  got in free, got a free T-shirt, free food and, since I helped guard the tables before the show opened, some of the vendors gave me discounts to their stuff.  Pretty good deal all the way around.

Ammo and mags were my biggest purchases; good place for both.  Well worth going:  If you plan to go, then do your reservations now!

Merlin
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]
machinegunshoot.com
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
It's great!!! My son and I went in the spring of 2004. Stayed in Shepherdsville Days Inns, Cheap room like $50 per night.  Shepherdsville is like a 30 minute drive to Knob Creek. We had a cooler in the truck for drinks and food. Spent money on Ammo and reloading components. Prices to good to pass up... I can't wait to go again. Maybe can do the Fall of 06 show..... Take a Video camera and extra batteries, My battery died right after the start  of the night shoot.......  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Google Knob Creek and check out their website. You can get a tape or DVD of their last shoot for about 25 bucks. There's plenty of motel rooms within 30 minutes of the range, make your reservations as early as possible.
If you only go for one day, it must be Saturday! They have the big night shoot that night. I got there before daylight and got a good parking place between the Helo pad and the gate. Damm helichopper
blew grass on me everytime he took off.
You can eat for 5 to 7 bucks. Eggs for breakfast, burgers, dogs etc for lunch.
I've been there 3 times. Last time was fall of 2004. I live on the Va. coast and it's about 700 miles or so for me to drive.
I met a lot of nice people with machine guns there.
They did have the quad 50's and a couple of GE mini guns last time. Take some extra cash and rent
a machine gun on the lower range. BAR's,H&K's, AK's, AR's, M2's etc.
Check out the "little fat guy" on the right hand side of main range. He might let you fire his .50 for 2 dollars a round.                      
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top