Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 10:23:50 AM EDT
what are you all going to do with the 5 or 6 year old when it gets rough letting grand-ma babbysit probably wont work and i dont want my 13 or 14 year old getting raped male or female it happens in war.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#1]
what nobody have kids divie up i cant come up with a good solution and i dont want my youngest blastin away a a bad guy
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#2]
What you want may not be what you get.
Kids should be trained as soon as possible.
[(:)]
Train the daycare workers? Better yet, start SHTF Daycare, all staff is certified in CPR and Thunder Ranch.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the reasons I don't want kids.

{Not the only reason,I don't completly live my life around a scenario that will probaly not happen in mylife time.}

And personaly I don't care if civilians do die in war,it does'nt make it any easier when its your familiy or friends that die for no reason.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#4]
It depends which SHTF scenario you are referring to,
1) outside factors, such as national infrastructure collapse, Meteor/Nuke hit, Hurricane/Tornado where a short term SHTF scenario with limited looting/rioting and casualties from same being the main concern. In this scenario order will be restored, it just might take a few days/weeks to get back to normal. In that case we bunker down and wait it out, rely on the generator, and stored food/water for as long as needed, and work with the neighbors for common defense.

2) internal factors, despotic govt', marshal law, etc... Juice up the truck, grab the passports, head for the border (Canada = 2 Hours). Be gone before they know you left.  Unfortunately, with my family's welfare at stake, I can't stand and fight, unless it is a necessity to escape with them intact.
APEX
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Kids and SHTF??  Train them, the are never too little to learn how to carry their own gear and hide out when told.  6 yr. old is a sniper in trng, wife excellent shooter, we train together in X-country movement, ambush drills, etc.  If we get a SHTF it will be terrible beyond belief.  Read up the Spanish Civil War, 1936-39, only CW in a 'civilized' nation in this century.  It is an entirely new definition or the horrors of war........
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The kid right now is too much of a liability although he is in training.

He would go to the in-laws who, while not at all anti-gun, do not have a weapon in the house and would not be perceived as a threat..........nor would they cause any disruption.

For a while he'd be safe there until I could recover him.

The wife.......she'd be with me as she can kick arse as well.........
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
My eight year old would put your damn eye out with her 10/22, especially if I told her you were coming to take away her barbies. And I wouldn't f**k with her Mom either.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My eight year old would put your damn eye out with her 10/22, especially if I told her you were coming to take away her barbies. And I wouldn't f**k with her Mom either.
View Quote

LOL!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
sell the kids for more ammo you can always make more [sex] [smoke]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top