Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 7:56:20 AM EDT
i never noticed before but man there is one hell of a guitar solo about half way through!!!!!

[50]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You're right.

When I listen to that song I'm reminded that I should stop doing cocaine.

"Taste me you will see
more is all you need
dedicated to
how I'm killing you!"
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When I listen to that song I'm reminded that I should stop doing cocaine.

LOL!  Man, I hate cocaine...but I sure love the smell of it! [:D]

Not really..I just thought it was funny.  I think that line or something close to it was from a Cheech and Chong movie.

medcop
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to be able to play the intro, but that second riff just kicks my ass. I don't know how Hammet does it.

[smash]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Kirk is a bad dude on the gee-tar, but he leans on his wah too much.  IMHO of course.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I used to be able to play the intro, but that second riff just kicks my ass. I don't know how Hammet does it.

[smash]
View Quote

Alternate picking, dude! up,down,up,down, wax on, wax off. Its a yin-yang kinda thing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:02:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[smash]
View Quote

Alternate picking, dude! up,down,up,down, wax on, wax off. Its a yin-yang kinda thing.
View Quote

It's not the picking that gets me, I have trouble moving my fingers fast enough! I can do it for about 5 seconds, then it feels like my forearm is going to explode!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Now playing "Jump in the Fire" on the other hand, I could whale on that song like some sweet ass ninja all day and it would NEVER get old!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
he leans on his wah too much.  IMHO of course.
View Quote

i agree 100% i saw these guys at la-mour in brooklyn in 1984 they were great, but the newer stuff makes me sick. imho the best 2 alternate picking maniacs i've seen in the past few years are vinnie moore & yngwie malmsteen, pretty wild stuff.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#9]
i don't have that much trouble playing metallica stuff, but slayer...no matter how long i sit and practice i still can't play some of their stuff up to speed.  especially off 'divine intervention'.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[smash]
View Quote

View Quote

It's not the picking that gets me, I have trouble moving my fingers fast enough! I can do it for about 5 seconds, then it feels like my forearm is going to explode!
View Quote

The forearm thing usually means you aren't getting enough string time. It's all about having your chops in shape. I haven't played much in the last 5 years or so, having taken to producing other bands in my studio (BTW, one of my groups, The Mahoney Bros. will be the featured entertainment sat. nite at the BRC. Check them out [url]http://www.mahoneybrothers.com[/url]

Sounds like some hard hours of disciplined practice is what you need. For the fast stuff, start slow but STEADY & PRECISE, & build the speed up GRADUALLY. Take It from me, back in my gigging days when i still had my mojo, I used to learn Malmsteen & Dream Theatre licks just for shits & giggles. It takes time & patience to achieve proficiency with the ultra fast stuff, but persistence pays.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top