Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2006 5:31:07 PM EDT
her: wanted me to sign up for a 5 year membership to "help fight the handgun ban in San franscisco"..

me:  thats nice but  why hasnt the NRA already taken up this fight in Washington DC?

her:  ummm well a three year membership is only 85.00?

me:  maybe i should just buy more ammo for the coming revolution?

her:  one year membership is only 50.00???

me:  no thanks, have Wayne call me when he's got some answers, have a good night though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you haven't been paying attention the NRA has already attempted to repeal the gun ban in DC and it's one of their top priorities for this year.

Why would you act like an ass to the group does the absolute most to defend our rights?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Since you haven't been paying attention the NRA has already attempted to repeal the gun ban in DC and it's one of their top priorities for this year.

Why would you act like an ass to the group does the absolute most to defend our rights?

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Bingo.

No organization is perfect.  Look at it this way... the Red Cross (!) wastes so much $$$ on administrative bullshit.  The NRA gets shit done.  They can't do everything, but without them we'd be screwed.  They get my money... and they'll get more in the future.

- BG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
I dont get it at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

me:  no thanks, have Wayne call me when he's got some answers, have a good night though.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
her: wanted me to sign up for a 5 year membership to "help fight the handgun ban in San franscisco"..

me:  thats nice but  why hasnt the NRA already taken up this fight in Washington DC?

her:  ummm well a three year membership is only 85.00?

me:  maybe i should just buy more ammo for the coming revolution?

her:  one year membership is only 50.00???

Proud of yourself?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

what makes you think i was an ass?  i was as nice as i could possibly be...but dont call me at 830 at night wanting money and not being able to answer any questions as to why you want my money or what you plan to do with it.

btw,  how do you know i'm not already a member?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what makes you think i was an ass?  i was as nice as i could possibly be...but dont call me at 830 at night wanting money and not being able to answer any questions as to why you want my money or what you plan to do with it.

Odds are, the woman on the phone was a volunteer or low-paid gun-friendly person helping out the NRA more than earning a paycheck.

Congrats.  You sure showed her.

- BG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you are a member you could have just said no thanks i am a member already. instead you acted like an ass to someone who is paid to make calls not know what the NRA is doing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are a member you could have just said no thanks i am a member already. instead you acted like an ass to someone who is paid to make calls not know what the NRA is doing.

so let me get this straight, they call me wanting money, they expect me to sit through a recorded message about the second ammendment and patriotism and soldiers dying and war, and then they get a real person to ask for money, but they dont have any information about what they are going to do with it and because it pissed me off I'm an ass...

if this had been a call about anything else, none of you would be getting your panties bunched up, but becuase its the NRA its all good.  and no i was not an ass to the lady.  i asked a couple of simple questions and the only response i got was an offer to give less money...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
everything you said was fine till this one part

me: no thanks, have Wayne call me when he's got some answers, have a good night though.

That makes you an ass. unless you are about ready to go to bed at 8:30 i don't see a problem.

You could have asked for them to take you off their calling list but no you had to be smug.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#13]
did she have an indian accent?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
everything you said was fine till this one part

me: no thanks, have Wayne call me when he's got some answers, have a good night though.

That makes you an ass. unless you are about ready to go to bed at 8:30 i don't see a problem.

You could have asked for them to take you off their calling list but no you had to be smug.

if it makes you feel better just before that comment i told the lady "i know you are just trying to do your job, but they really should give you more resources before having you call people"   she responded with another request for money...

and i try to get my kid in bed between 830 and 9, but because it was the NRA i listed to the 3 min message then the lady's speech and then the repeated request for money.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
did she have an indian accent?

no but she did not speak very clearly, english was definately a second language for her.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#16]

LW was nicer than I'da been... Why the fuck should I pay them for the privelege of having them sell my info so I can get even  MORE fucking junk mail in my mailbox AND have them break it off in my ass the first chance they get becuase I happen to like scary looking guns and don't  happen to own any pommie-dick smoker duck guns, and happen to think that "sporting" hasn't a GDMF thing to do with the 2nd?

And if you're gonna solicit, you DAMN sure ought to be able to answer a few goddamn questions about where the money's going. Paid or otherwise.

Lighten up, Francis.

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#17]
when the NRA called me a few months ago, they wanted me to increase by 5 year membership (probably just looking for a handout) by saying that the UN will confiscate all my firearms...utter nonsense...i asked her to add me to their do not call list
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Why would someone act like an idiot towards the NRA, then proudly post their account of it here?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

LW was nicer than I'da been... Why the fuck should I pay them for the privelege of having them sell my info so I can get even  MORE fucking junk mail in my mailbox AND have them break it off in my ass the first chance they get becuase I happen to like scary looking guns and don't  happen to own any pommie-dick smoker duck guns, and happen to think that "sporting" hasn't a GDMF thing to do with the 2nd?

And if you're gonna solicit, you DAMN sure ought to be able to answer a few goddamn questions about where the money's going. Paid or otherwise.

Lighten up, Francis.

SG

dude, i think your an ASSHOLE, just shut up and give 'em your money.  why you gotta be hatin' all the time?

no really, tell us how you feel about telemarketers...i need some good rant material.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Why would someone act like an idiot towards the NRA, then proudly post their account of it here?

Why,  to enjoy the reactions of the "THE NRA IS AWWWWWWWWWWWESOME" crowd, of course.

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

why would someone give money to someone who doesnt know what the fuck their talking about and then go bitch because everyone else doesnt?  OH YEA to get a +1, i forget all about that sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lighten up, Francis.

SG

dude, i think your an ASSHOLE, just shut up and give 'em your money.  why you gotta be hatin' all the time?

no really, tell us how you feel about telemarketers...i need some good rant material.

I am an asshole. I'll clear that one up for you right now.

Telemarketers are one very small step above ambulance chasers, Nigerian Scammers, insurance companies, spiders and child molesters on my scale. Regardless of what they're selling.

Which in the NRA's case is Bullshit.

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
And we wonder why we have such a tough time with the anti-gunners. With gun owners like this on our side, we are doomed to lose.

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#26]
this thread is just brimming with optimism
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
And we wonder why we have such a tough time with the anti-gunners. With gun owners unthinking, blind-NRA lockstep following automaton lemmings  like this on our side, we are doomed to lose. pay fort the privelege of having our rights compromised away on a whim. but hey, we can still hunt ducks...

Fixed it for you.

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Don't you know that the NRA is EVIL?  

If I was a psychiatrist, I would do a study of gun owners who hate the NRA.  They are the most bizarre group in the USA.

They say, "I don't have a carry permit because I live in NJ.  Therefore, I will not join the NRA and will try to destroy it."  

Or they are outraged because they get an NRA junk mail letter along with the 50 pounds of other junk mail they get everyday. S o why not destroy the NRA?

Or they sing the praises of the mighty GOA, who nobody has ever heard of outside the gun community.   If the GOA is so great and so wonderful, how come they can't get anything done?  How come they can't get any membership?  What have they ever done except talk big?  How come nobody knows who they are?  Well, how come?

Is the GOA going to have a convention with 45,000 people attending in May?  Of course, all those people are sheep.   It's all a big scam.

The NRA is the most feared lobby in Washington.  That's all part of the big scam.

WTF??  

I hate to be so negative, but it's disgusting to see someone cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you know that the NRA is EVIL?  

If I was a psychiatrist, I would do a study of gun owners who hate the NRA.  They are the most bizarre group in the USA.

They say, "I don't have a carry permit because I live in NJ.  Therefore, I will not join the NRA and will try to destroy it."  

Or they are outraged because they get an NRA junk mail letter along with the 50 pounds of other junk mail they get everyday. S o why not destroy the NRA?

Or they sing the praises of the mighty GOA, who nobody has ever heard of outside the gun community.   If the GOA is so great and so wonderful, how come they can't get anything done?  How come they can't get any membership?  What have they ever done except talk big?  How come nobody knows who they are?  Well, how come?

Is the GOA going to have a convention with 45,000 people attending in May?  Of course, all those people are sheep.   It's all a big scam.

The NRA is the most feared lobby in Washington.  That's all part of the big scam.

WTF??  

I hate to be so negative, but it's disgusting to see someone cutting off their nose to spite their face.

You are all correct of course.

Something is better than nothing.

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I am always amazed when little people with simple lives get their thongs in a knot because they get a phone call from the NRA.  How immature on their part.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heaven forbid that the NRA do a crazy, evil thing like try to recruit new members.  

save that money and buy a fucking hamburger.  don't be an NRA stooge.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I am always amazed when little people with simple lives get their thongs in a knot because they get a phone call from the NRA.  How immature on their part.  

I'm even more amazed that anyone who DARES question the God-Almighty NRA is branded as anti gun.

Tomayto--Tomahto, I suppose.

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so let me get this straight, they call me wanting money, they expect me to sit through a recorded message about the second ammendment and patriotism and soldiers dying and war, and then they get a real person to ask for money, but they dont have any information about what they are going to do with it and because it pissed me off I'm an ass...

so you sat through a recorded message when you weren't interested in the first place?  it sounds to me like you just wanted to be a dick...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I nominate this as worst thread of the month.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Scary Guy,

This isn't about what the NRA does.  It is about little people who brag about giving a rep of the NRA some trouble on the phone.

My goodness, what a big man is takes to do that.  

Trust me, Scooter, that some day you will be able to realize that while the NRA is indeed a flawed organization (as all organizations are in fact), mature, responsible adults are able to support them because on the whole they do important work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm even more amazed that anyone who DARES question the God-Almighty NRA is branded as anti gun.

Tomayto--Tomahto, I suppose.

SG

Dude,

I like questioning.  

questioning is healthy.

HOWEVER not joining the NRA is the end of our gun rights.  they are truly the only ship on the sea.  

if everyone quit, we would be turning in our guns five years from now.

why the hell would someone despise the NRA and encourage people not to join?

it is plain old stupid.  

"I don't have any alternatives, but let's still sink the only ship on the sea and all drown.  After all they charge the same amount for a year's membership as half a tank of gas costs."  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so you sat through a recorded message when you weren't interested in the first place?  it sounds to me like you just wanted to be a dick...

maybe because it was the "most feared lobby in washington DC" and "the only thing standing between us and total gun confiscation" and just maybe i wanted to see if there was anything to this message except another sales pitch...but no i'm just a dick.

now i know this is the internet and most people are not that intelligent, but lets clear a few things up.  I do not hate the NRA.  I support the NRA financially and have even recruited new members.  I personally call my state and local reps when i feel the need and have spent time and money educating people about guns and shooting.

the problem i have is this. if you are the greatest gun rights group in the world, why cant you spend a little more time or money to recruit new members rather than some cheesy recorded message and a half-assed sales pitch?  

some of ya'll are like little just waiting for a reason to pounce on the internet...10 bucks says 1/2 the people in this thread are not members themselves.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Scary Guy,

This isn't about what the NRA does.  It is about little people who brag about giving a rep of the NRA some trouble on the phone.

My goodness, what a big man is takes to do that.  

Trust me, Scooter, that some day you will be able to realize that while the NRA is indeed a flawed organization (as all organizations are in fact), mature, responsible adults are able to support them because on the whole they do important work.

Thanks, Tiger, but I don't need that pointed out to me.

And other just as  mature,  just as responsible adults can still point out that they are far from friendly to all gun owners. Have they done some good stuff? of course. Have they shown a propensity to beak it off in the Black Rifle owner's ass when it serves their greater membership base. Yep.

Again, Tomayto-Tomahto.

This can go on all night.

And as for telemarketers, fuck 'em...If they are going to be paid (or not) to solicit funds for an organizaton, and pester the fuck out of me (Or you or LW) at home to do it, the least that we should be able to ask is that they have some ability to answer questions about the nature of the organization.

Otherwise, it's a waste of your hard earned NRA contibutoin and an annoyance to the callee.

And i find it hella amusing that so-called mature, responsible adults get their panties lodged in their colon and call someone "simple" and "little" because they deign to fuck with a telemarketer who intrudes on their life.

Lighten up, again, Francis.

Or just call and make a contribution to the NRA specifically to  help salve the feelings of that poor, poor unfortuantely abused telemarketer.

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And we wonder why we have such a tough time with the anti-gunners. With gun owners unthinking, blind-NRA lockstep following automaton lemmings  like this on our side, we are doomed to lose. pay fort the privelege of having our rights compromised away on a whim. but hey, we can still hunt ducks...

Fixed it for you.

SG

Wouldn't it just be easier for you to say, "I'm just to cheap to spend the $35 a year for a membership"?

Instead you waste your time trying to ruin the NRA because you haven't bothered to research what the NRA does with it's money.

Ah, but I'm a member. Surprise.

I just don't follow blindly, and enjoy yanking the chains of the "NRA IS GOD" Crowd.

Now smoke that..

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe because it was the "most feared lobby in washington DC" and "the only thing standing between us and total gun confiscation" and just maybe i wanted to see if there was anything to this message except another sales pitch...but no i'm just a dick.

now i know this is the internet and most people are not that intelligent, but lets clear a few things up.  I do not hate the NRA.  I support the NRA financially and have even recruited new members.  I personally call my state and local reps when i feel the need and have spent time and money educating people about guns and shooting.

the problem i have is this. if you are the greatest gun rights group in the world, why cant you spend a little more time or money to recruit new members rather than some cheesy recorded message and a half-assed sales pitch?  

some of ya'll are like little just waiting for a reason to pounce on the internet...10 bucks says 1/2 the people in this thread are not members themselves.

???

you're too smart and manly for me.

from reading your post i thought you were criticising the nra for trying to recruit members and were having fun being rude to a $5.00 / hr telemarketer.

turns out that you were doing some awesome thing that nobody except you can understand.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So instead of just saying "No thanks, I'm a member already" you went through all that.

i guess maybe i would like to know what my $$ is going to rather than just send 'em a check and call myself a 2nd ammendment supporter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

???

from reading your post i thought you were criticising the nra for trying to recruit members and were having fun being rude to a $5.00 / hr telemarketer.

turns out that you were doing some awesome thing that nobody except you can understand.

yea, i know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if this had been a call about anything else, none of you would be getting your panties bunched up, but becuase its the NRA its all good.  and no i was not an ass to the lady.  i asked a couple of simple questions and the only response i got was an offer to give less money...

I have been an NRA member for over 30 years now. I agree sometimes the people you talk to need to be more informed. I had a woman from GOA call me one night and I imagine she wasn't over 21 years old. We had a real good conversation about history and gun rights. For a 21 year old female she was sharp when it came to firearms and history. I told her she was a patriot for donating her time to GOA and donated 10 dollars.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So instead of just saying "No thanks, I'm a member already" you went through all that.

i guess maybe i would like to know what my $$ is going to rather than just send 'em a check and call myself a 2nd ammendment supporter.

Nah.

Send in your money and DON'T question.

You Anti.

SG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

SG

Wouldn't it just be easier for you to say, "I'm just to cheap to spend the $35 a year for a membership"?

Instead you waste your time trying to ruin the NRA because you haven't bothered to research what the NRA does with it's money.

Ah, but I'm a member. Surprise.

I just don't follow blindly, and enjoy yanking the chains of the "NRA IS GOD" Crowd.

Now smoke that..

SG

basically, you have two groups of people:

1.  people with eyes in their head and can see that the NRA is important (although flawed).

2.  people who refuse to join and come up with a silly reason for not doing so.

the #2 people always call the #1 people "sheep" for "blindly" following the NRA.

the truth is that the #1 people are protecting the rights of the #2 people and being called assholes by the #2 people for doing it.

what a joke.

the NRA is not perfect?  no kidding.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

???

yea, i know.

be glad that everyone isn't so wonderful as you are.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top