Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 7:12:04 PM EDT
He went through basic and he had gone through a major portion of his OCS, they just finished 3 weeks in the field about 2 weeks ago. Last time I talked to him his group was cleaning their barracks in hopes that they were going to be able to move out. Than tonight I was told by my father that we was washed out, not recycled for a repeat of a section but washed out. So what does this mean for him? he is an E-4 in the infantry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
We had a guy in my platoon that went and washed out. He came back to our platoon, no loss of rank. This was in a Marine Corps LAR Bn. circa 2003.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
He either sucks at life, got hurt, or quit(see "sucks at life").  

If he didn't get badly hurt, he'll go needs of the Army.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure he just gets dropped back into the normal suck.  Not sure if you get sent to original unit though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless he got caught cheating or something shady, probably not a big deal. A good friend of was an E6. in the USMC rsrv infantry when he want to OCS. He was very decorated and well respected, but he had knee injuries and they just gave out from all the running. Went back to his unit and was promoted shortly after.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Is he an 09S or an 11B?

It matters...

Most people who fail OCS do so because they get hurt, although 1SG Brosch cleaned HHC out and a lot of people got the boot for things like missing a formation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top