Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 11:42:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 11:52:47 AM EDT by par0thead151]
I have a unique situation. I have been practicing jiu-jitsu for 3 years now and find that whenever someone has the mount on me I don’t feel like I am getting as much oxygen. Although it does not cause me to panic, I rapidly loose energy even if I am not moving/fighting back. I can roll for a good half hour to an hour without a problem, but this is my kryptonite… is this normal? Or does this happen to everyone

It is so bad sometimes that even when my girlfriend is laying on me say watching a movie I sometimes find that its a whole lot more difficult to breathe.
And just to clarify, my girl weighs 115 lbs…. she is not a land manatee :-P
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:58:24 PM EDT
More of an incentive to get out of the mount quick.

The fact that there's something on your chest is the duh answer, but if this hasn't happened in the past, probably best to check with a doctor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:39:44 AM EDT
This has always happened to me, not something that just came about..
I was just wondering it this happened to anyone else as well.
and I do have a great incentive to get out of the mount... It is not when I am trying to get out of the mount, more so when I am trying to recoup and wait for them to make a move/mistake that it happens.
its nothing terribly servers, but enough to be noticeable
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:32:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 7:33:02 AM EDT by Lester_Burnham]
Interesting. Probably from the pressure on your chest, but might not hurt to get a physical just to make sure. It sounds normal for grappling, but I guess what sounds unusual to me is the part about your girlfriend being light and causing the same symptoms, being light and just resting/watching the movie and not doing anything strenuous.

The only time I noticed anything similar was when I was at a big disadvantage in weight, which is pretty much all the time at my gym LOL.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:51:51 AM EDT
You have someone sitting on your chest and you wonder why you cant breathe well? Do you ponder why you can stay conscious when the blood gets cut off to your head when being choked?
Top Top