Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/24/2014 8:55:41 AM EDT
is it a lazy point of view to not force the hand of God in a situation he may not want me in? i have a big decision to make and I don't know if it is of God or myself trying to find the answer myself and not waiting on Him. The deal is almost like dealing with the devil to me and I feel uneasy. I would rather wait on Him for confirmation of what to do and if he wants me there he will allow it but if he does not, he will stop it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:50:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2014 9:55:07 AM EDT by SAE]
never mind.
Just recognized your screen name.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:17:04 AM EDT
I have no clue what this thread is about.

Anybody?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:32:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2014 11:40:38 AM EDT by SAE]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Him:
I have no clue what this thread is about.

Anybody?
View Quote

Troller it seems.
Anyway I'm out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/2/2014 12:56:41 PM EDT by NVCapCop]
from Dr. Charles Stanley

The Consequence of Impatience

Read | Luke 15:11-19

We send a strong, negative message by exhibiting impatience toward God. When we demonstrate an inability to tolerate delay, we are telling the Lord, “I do not trust Your timing; mine is better.”

At times, we all stand at a fork in the road of life and must decide whether we’re willing to wait for God’s prompting. It’s critical that we obey Him and be patient with His schedule and plan. Consider the negative example of the Prodigal Son, who squandered his inheritance and then faced several consequences:

1. He brought sorrow on his family. Oftentimes our impatience hurts those we love.

2. He separated from his family. When we run ahead of God, we also frequently run away from voices of reason and wisdom in our life.

3. He faced poverty. We stand to lose a great deal when we ignore the Lord’s timing because His blessing accompanies our obedience.

4. He felt unworthy. We cannot experience fellowship with God when impatience keeps us outside of His will.

We know that at the end of the story, the Prodigal Son is joyfully welcomed back into his family. His father lavishes love and attention upon this son and assures him of his worth. But although he is forgiven, the results of his impatience are not entirely erased. He will never regain the wealth he wasted. It’s not always possible to take back our mistakes once we have jumped ahead of God. It is always better that we wait for Him to tell us when to move forward
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:08:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NVCapCop:
from Dr. Charles Stanley

We send a strong, negative message by exhibiting impatience toward God. When we demonstrate an inability to tolerate delay, we are telling the Lord, "I do not trust Your timing; mine is better.”

At times, we all stand at a fork in the road of life and must decide whether we’re willing to wait for God’s prompting. It’s critical that we obey Him and be patient with His schedule and plan. Consider the negative example of the Prodigal Son, who squandered his inheritance and then faced several consequences:

1. He brought sorrow on his family. Oftentimes our impatience hurts those we love.

2. He separated from his family. When we run ahead of God, we also frequently run away from voices of reason and wisdom in our life.

3. He faced poverty. We stand to lose a great deal when we ignore the Lord’s timing because His blessing accompanies our obedience.

4. He felt unworthy. We cannot experience fellowship with God when impatience keeps us outside of His will.

We know that at the end of the story, the Prodigal Son is joyfully welcomed back into his family. His father lavishes love and attention upon this son and assures him of his worth. But although he is forgiven, the results of his impatience are not entirely erased. He will never regain the wealth he wasted. It’s not always possible to take back our mistakes once we have jumped ahead of God. It is always better that we wait for Him to tell us when to move forward
View Quote

Great post!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:16:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2014 1:16:49 PM EDT by SAE]
Say NVCapCop, can you clear out a little room in your message center.
Got an IM to shoot your way!
Jim
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:29:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NVCapCop:
from Dr. Charles Stanley

We send a strong, negative message by exhibiting impatience toward God. When we demonstrate an inability to tolerate delay, we are telling the Lord, “I do not trust Your timing; mine is better.”

View Quote

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:18:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/29/2014 12:56:03 PM EDT by NVCapCop]
More from Dr. Charles Stanley

The Powerful Attribute of Patience

Read | Hebrews 6:9-15

When you approach an elevator and see that the up button is lit, do you ever push it anyway? Or when you are stuck in a grocery line that will not move, do you ever think how poorly managed the store is? Our patience, or lack of it, spills over into many aspects of our lives.

Patience is not a natural trait that some possess at birth. Likewise, it’s not a skill that we can, on our own, continually muster. No, patience is available only through the Holy Spirit. Apart from Him, we will have a difficult time developing this awesome quality.

The nature of patience allows us to have the mindset that says, I’m willing to let go of immediate gratification and wait for God to supply. Then, we’re able to experience the inner quietness that can come only from Him. This doesn't mean we’ll never feel pressure or stress; at times the need to press persistently toward our goals feels overwhelming, but the Lord can calm our heart.

It’s important to realize that patience cannot be developed apart from other godly characteristics. In considering the life of David, we can see that this is true. While waiting to be made king by God’s hand, David had several opportunities to kill Saul, the nation’s current ruler. By refusing to take advantage of the situation, David demonstrated discernment, wisdom, love, and faith in God’s timing (1 Sam. 24:10-11; 26:10-11). Patience is one of the nine qualities named as fruit of the Holy Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23). So to exhibit this important virtue, we must surrender our lives to Him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:16:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/29/2014 12:56:24 PM EDT by NVCapCop]
More from Dr. Charles Stanley

Living Above Your Circumstances

Read | Philippians 1:12-18

Paul wrote his letter to the Philippians during a long and unjust imprisonment. However, this short epistle is full of rejoicing. Paul never complains or casts blame for his situation, because he has learned to live above his circumstances.

Most people have a different response to difficulty. First, in an attempt to make themselves feel better, they try blaming someone else for the problem, but this results only in broken relationships. Next, they complain, which gets pity from others but enhances the problem in their own minds. Finally, they search for a way out of the situation and usually make things worse in the process.

Paul knew that there was a strategy for living above one’s circumstances rather than merely muddling through them: He shifted his focus. Instead of examining his problem and whining about it, he looked to God. Praise came from his lips: “I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord” (Phil. 3:8).

God wants to hear our honest concerns and even anger or confusion about our trials, but He also wants us to trust Him to see us through. Focusing on the Lord and praising Him does not mean we pretend to enjoy tough times—that would be insincere. But we can honestly acknowledge that He is in control of the situation and will guide our every step, just as He promised (Prov. 3:5-6).

Believers have a simple choice. We can wallow in self-pity, or we can look to Jesus Christ and learn to live above our circumstances. Which of the two will you choose?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/29/2014 12:56:37 PM EDT by NVCapCop]
From Dr. Charles Stanley

Changing Our Focus

Read | John 15:18-21

There is nothing that can touch a believer’s life unless it comes through the permissive will of God. That means He has complete control, even when it feels as if Satan has been allowed to run rampant through our personal life.

Trapped in Roman confinement, Paul knew that God could rescue him; after all, He had removed Peter’s chains (Acts 12:7). But Paul was not simply waiting around for liberation. Because he believed God did everything for a reason, he earnestly continued doing kingdom work—even while bound in chains.

Indeed, the Lord has a purpose for whatever He brings into a person’s life. Though we may desperately wish for our circumstances to change, God will allow us to go through a given situation when it will ultimately bring about the most favorable result. If we let Him complete the work instead of trying to extricate ourselves, we will see a positive outcome.

Paul’s time in prison proved a benefit for the gospel, though logically, the spread of the Word should have been severely hindered by the confinement of such a great preacher. In two years he had been guarded by many of the elite praetorian soldiers (Phil. 1:13), and we know what Paul would have talked to them about during their shifts—Christ!

There are no verses in the Bible that say believers are promised an easy life. In fact, the Word warns the opposite and says we will see trouble (John 16:33). But we, like Paul, can choose to live above our circumstances by realizing that God has a plan to use our experiences for our good and the benefit of others.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:50:36 PM EDT
you know that makes me think that what if the so called christians who get the easy life to say will be tested and break later but those who come forth as gold through harder times, even constant times such as this, dawn will break for something much bigger
Top Top