Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 5:35:06 PM EDT
just wonderin...... gotta stay on the safe side of things.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
you SHOULD be fine as long as the person you're shipping it to doesn't intend to put it on a postban 'assault rifle'.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
so technically i can't get in trouble for anything here. the stocks are not illegal, so i am in the clear. correct?

i ask because i have no clue on NY laws.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
to my understanding, the stock is legal unless it is attached to a postban 'assault weapon'.  then, the weapon becomes illegal.  the law here is exactly identical to the now-defunct federal AWB except that it has no sunset date.

however, i am no lawyer and nothing said here should be construed as legal advice.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
right on. thanks

is that a pump jack for your pic? or a couple of em looks like.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yep
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
100% legal to ship a collapsible stock.  It's up to the end user to ensure compliance with NYS law on what type of rifle it can be put on.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

mind if i ask why ya have that for a pic? i like it.......
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

right now i'm an undergraduate in college studying geology.  I plan to go to grad school for petroleum engineering and get a job in the energy industry.

here's the full pic if you want it:

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

right now i'm an undergraduate in college studying geology.  I plan to go to grad school for petroleum engineering and get a job in the energy industry.

here's the full pic if you want it:

www.alibaba.com/photo/10651619/All_Equipments_For_Oil_Industry__Core_Handling_Equipment__Oil_Rig__Casing_Centralisers.jpg

beautiful
i am a petroleum engineering student currently. undergrad.
where are you planning on going to school?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
right now i'm at Cornell university.  I'm hoping to either go to the Colorado school of mines or UT-Austin for grad school.

how about you?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#11]
i am at montana tech.

extremely good school for petroleum engineering.
talk to anyone in the industry, 9 times outta 10 the would take a tech grad over a mines grad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey Fossil_Fuel, Go Big Red!

Cornell alum checking in here.  Have you had any classes with Frank Rhodes?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i am at montana tech.

talk to anyone in the industry, 9 times outta 10 the would take a tech grad over a mines grad.

i'll look into it, montana has great gun laws and great skiing.... although colorado does, too!  picking a grad school is going to be a very tough decision when i get to that point.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hey Fossil_Fuel, Go Big Red!

csop.cbs.cornell.edu/7914829.jpg

Cornell alum checking in here.  Have you had any classes with Frank Rhodes?

no, but i've had some classes in Frank Rhodes Hall...

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#15]
It was just called "The Theory Center" in my day.  It got renamed for Frank H.T. when he stepped down.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i am at montana tech.

i'll look into it, montana has great gun laws and great skiing.... although colorado does, too!  picking a grad school is going to be a very tough decision when i get to that point.

absolutely. can't go wrong with either. if you want a fun town, mines is the place to be.

just keep tech in your spectrum...... its probably cheaper too.

it was for me. it is cheaper for me to go here than it was to go to mines, and i lived 70 miles from mines growing up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top