Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 6:22:59 AM EST
i think so. damn neighbors. it's still going an hour later.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:25:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By inferno715:
i think so. damn neighbors. it's still going an hour later.

9:30? You should be just about wrapping things up for the day by that time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:27:54 AM EST
no
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:28:53 AM EST
Its sunday, most folks should be hungover right now, so using a chainsaw at 9:30 is a no no
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:30:11 AM EST
You're in WI, ----- JEEZ----- trees, logging, snow mobile, chain saws and camp fires should be a way of life up there, besides farming, cows, cheeze heads and people half naked in body paint at a football game in a blizzard.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:32:07 AM EST
Try to keep in mind that it could be you out there having to deal with a downed tree. Would you want to wait untill the hot part of the day came?

There are ordinances in most cities about noise restrictions. Check with your police.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:35:36 AM EST
Well HERE-especially this time of the year-it's acceptable for that kind of thing at 6:00AM.

By 9 it's already FUCKING HOT.

I've mowed my grass as early as 8:00AM on a weekend but I usually do it in the evening, right after the sun goes down-it only takes 12 minutes to mow my back yard.

If no one else in my 'hood is making noise I'll usually wait until 10 before I start making noise.

This reminds me-I need to run my chainsaw for it's "monthly running".

I run it once a month to keep the gas lines clean and that faithful little fucker (Poulan 14" WoodShark) still fires up on the 4th or 5th pull every time. I've had it for 5 years now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:35:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Try to keep in mind that it could be you out there having to deal with a downed tree. Would you want to wait untill the hot part of the day came?

There are ordinances in most cities about noise restrictions. Check with your police.

we don't have a 'hot part of the day' where i live. the big LK (superior) keeps us cool.

i'm not too bent out of shape about the noise..but it's a little obnoxious IMO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:47:26 AM EST
No that is not to early.....IMO.....

The rednecks that moved in directly across the road from me, dont work, and love to have partys..

Well one night the party went all night, I mean all night, loud music, that thumping bass crap, loud pipes on cars, all friggen night, finally around 6am the party broke up.....and a few of them remained behind, to get some sleep I guess, they did not like what I did next.........

So at 7am, I get my lawn mower out, and start it up, tie back the safety hande and let it idel by the road....

I then get my weed whacker, fire it up and walk around revving the engine on it, same with my chainsaw.....

I then get the Grizzly 660 out and start riding it around and park it by the road and rev the engine on it for awhile, I am makeing all the dan noise I could....

After about 45min, the few people that remained at the house form the party, LEFT, cussing me out the whole time,

I got every noisy power tool, and lawn equipment out that morning that I had..

They have not since had another loud all night party......dont know if it due to my actions or not, but I like to think so.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:52:33 AM EST
9AM on weekdays, 10AM on weekends. Always make sure your glass house is clean. If you have loud exhaust, a diesel, or a be-bop stereo, you are more to blame for waking neighbors than a chainsaw. I currently have a neighbor that slams every toolbox he owns into the back of his truck at 5 fcuking AM. Today was no exception. I haven't decided how I am going to deal with it, YET.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:57:08 AM EST
My opinion: if the sun is up, anything is fair game, noise-wise.

*I don't live in the city.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:00:56 AM EST
Yeah, if its daylight, anything goes. Remember, the world doesn't start its day when you wake up. However, I can sympathize. I worked night shift for a year, but I learned to deal with the noise.
Top Top