Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 4:41:57 PM EDT
Got a 2nd gen with a busted glass and busted lcd.  So i ordered a digitizer/glass and lcd for the gen2 and they came in but i still need more stuff as there is no button on my glass.  Also whatever the glass mounts to is missing.  So i think thats 2 things i need.  What else do i need?

What arecthe official names of thesepieces?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at ifixit.com? They have the instructions to repair most Apple products and also sell the parts.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll need a heat gun and patience and luck to remove it all from the frame.  It's easier to buy the assembly from ebay for $10 more.

eta There are videos on youtube that will show you what to do.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]
i paid a dude off craigslist to fim my 36s 30.00. works and looks like new
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Got a 2nd gen with a busted glass and busted lcd. So i ordered a digitizer/glass and lcd for the gen2 and they came in but i still need more stuff as there is no button on my glass. Also whatever the glass mounts to is missing. So i think thats 2 things i need. What else do i need?

What are the official names of these pieces?

Jobs Revenge', parts A and B!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Got a 2nd gen with a busted glass and busted lcd. So i ordered a digitizer/glass and lcd for the gen2 and they came in but i still need more stuff as there is no button on my glass. Also whatever the glass mounts to is missing. So i think thats 2 things i need. What else do i need?

What are the official names of these pieces?

Jobs Revenge', parts A and B!

The glass part is called a digitizer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top