Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/5/2012 4:41:57 PM EDT
Got a 2nd gen with a busted glass and busted lcd. So i ordered a digitizer/glass and lcd for the gen2 and they came in but i still need more stuff as there is no button on my glass. Also whatever the glass mounts to is missing. So i think thats 2 things i need. What else do i need?

What arecthe official names of thesepieces?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:43:47 PM EDT
Have you looked at ifixit.com? They have the instructions to repair most Apple products and also sell the parts.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 4:46:58 PM EDT by Eli75]
You'll need a heat gun and patience and luck to remove it all from the frame. It's easier to buy the assembly from ebay for $10 more.

eta There are videos on youtube that will show you what to do.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:47:43 PM EDT
i paid a dude off craigslist to fim my 36s 30.00. works and looks like new
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:48:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LinkedM4:
Got a 2nd gen with a busted glass and busted lcd. So i ordered a digitizer/glass and lcd for the gen2 and they came in but i still need more stuff as there is no button on my glass. Also whatever the glass mounts to is missing. So i think thats 2 things i need. What else do i need?

What are the official names of these pieces?

Jobs Revenge', parts A and B!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:13:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN:

Originally Posted By LinkedM4:

What are the official names of these pieces?

Jobs Revenge', parts A and B!

The glass part is called a digitizer.
Top Top