Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/2/2003 9:05:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 9:23:12 AM EDT by Guntoting_Spartan]
look at this [url]http://www.geocities.com/everlast_klanak/t3.html[/url] do you really need a Reflex sight on a multi round gernade launcher? edited cuz it might be a shotgun but it looks like the barrel is too large for a 12 guage
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:06:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:08:53 AM EDT
Is that red "X" the sight picture on the doohicky you're talking about?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:12:00 AM EDT
I think a sight is needed on any projectile launching weapon. Red X or no red X.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:20:07 AM EDT
ok created a page for it, click the link to see pic, a sight yes, but would a red dot sight be effective on a nade launcher?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:23:41 AM EDT
Better question is: why would a robot (cybernetic humanoid, or whatever) with an integral targeting/tracking system need any kind of external sights? Robots like to shoot from the hip, it makes it easier to bump fire the grenade launcher. On a side note, I'd prefer the optics, I'm curious to see what would happen when someone gets smacked with a 37mm round...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:25:38 AM EDT
Thats one of those South African 40mm revolver grenade launchers. And they come with a red dot sight built in, calibrated for 40mm ballistics. Also has a spirit level in the left hand side of the sight housing for indirect fire.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:27:33 AM EDT
Better question is: why would a robot (cybernetic humanoid, or whatever) with an integral targeting/tracking system need any kind of external sights?
View Quote
Cause he in our time using a gun built for humans not for him. So he doesn't use the sights, but they are still there anyways since they were built into the gun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:28:47 AM EDT
[ROFL2]bump firing a gernade launcher, now that would get some looks at a range
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:57:16 AM EDT
hmmm, a reflex sight on a arwin.... interesting.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:15:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Cause he in our time using a gun built for humans not for him. So he doesn't use the sights, but they are still there anyways since they were built into the gun.
View Quote
Well there you go again making sense and messing up my argument... Okay smartie-pants, answer this one for me: in "Terminator", the terminator is aware that he is in the 1980's. He also seems fully versed in 20th century firearms, so how come at the gun shop he asks for a "phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range" when he should know that those haven't been invented yet???
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:06:37 AM EDT
Of course you put sights on 40mm launchers. We put EOTechs on ours. The DefTech Multi Launchers have bead sights that kind of bite, and you need to be able to acquire sights and and shoot accurately while wearing a protective mask, especially since these are often used to deliver gas. Most of the launchers come with a 1913 rail for sights anymore.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:27:12 PM EDT
That looks like some sort of less lethal launcher I saw in a magazine (if I had a scanner and wanted to put in the effort I'd show it to you) and on the history channel that shot .44 mag blanks and launched a 37/40mm chunk of rubber
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:59:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HKocher:
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Cause he in our time using a gun built for humans not for him. So he doesn't use the sights, but they are still there anyways since they were built into the gun.
View Quote
Well there you go again making sense and messing up my argument... Okay smartie-pants, answer this one for me: in "Terminator", the terminator is aware that he is in the 1980's. He also seems fully versed in 20th century firearms, so how come at the gun shop he asks for a "phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range" when he should know that those haven't been invented yet???
View Quote
Because it was a joke, inserted by the writers to solicit humor. It makes no sense, it is illogical, a terminator fresh from the future-and NOT first reprogrammed by humans like in T2-would not have a sense of humor and would deal only in facts and would NOT have made a statment like that. Nor would he have bought a laser sighted AMT Longslide, since he had no need for the laser with his FCS. All he would need to sight in is to fire a shot or two at a wall.
Top Top