Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 3:06:01 PM EDT
I dont usually shoot at pay indoor ranges, but Im curious do they keep a register of all the people that come in to shoot? and what type of firearms and serial numbers, DL number, etc?

because if cops can go to motels and run all the names of people staying in a motel, couldnt they go the shooting ranges and get all your info and guns serial numbers from the range? or does the range dispose of it at the end of the day? do they provide your info to local LE agencies?

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
None of the ranges I shoot at in Virginia ask/keep any info.
One in MD (near my office) does keep a permenant list of attendance, including dates and a copy of the DLs, but Maryland is it's own little special place

ETA: And yes, the MD range has shared collected info with LE; at least according to the bust they proudly "helped" with.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
ours looks at your DL to check age asks if you have eye and ear protection and which target you want to buy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
My local shop/range does not.  The hotels/motels are required to provide the registry information to law enforcement by law.  The gun ranges are not.  LE would have to obtain a subpoena or search warrant for that type of information (in Indiana) unless the range owner volunteered to provide it.  If the range maintained that type of information in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The Range I shoot at has a one page sheet that asks if you have read the range rules, have eye and ear protection, then you have to sighn it .  No questions on guns or serial numbers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I walk in pay for ammo if needed and the range fee and go shoot. No DL or anything.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The indoor range where I live checks your ID, you sign their sign in sheet, and go do your shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top