Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 6:56:14 PM EDT
are the partitions that separate the lanes bulletproof?If they are not I better be care of who is shooting next to me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Not necessarily.  I've seen bullet holes through quite a few.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I would be suprised if they are bullet proof.  Granted, I have never seen any with holes in them, but I think that they are much more to keep brass from deflecting too far and to mark the lanes than anything else.

ETA:  Regardless of the type of range and whether there is bulletproof glass, I think that it would always be a good idea to be careful who you are shooting next to.  Some of the worst safety problems I have seen didn't necessarily occur at the actual shooting lanes.  They were in the area behind the lanes when people would muzzle sweep everyone casing/uncasing guns, unholstering a gun, or just showing off their/playing with their gun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
No bullet protection as far as I have ever heard.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:12:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen plenty with bullet holes around here.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The ones I've seen sure don't look bullet-proof.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe the ones at my range, the NRA HQ range, are. But I don't think most ranges have that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Apparently, they are bullet-proof at our public club. Several with bullet impacts, but no through-penetration. The club staff claims they are rated for .308 rifle impact, but have no idea whether that is valid. The staff also claims they are very expensive--several thou each, and they bill the shooter for partician replacement. Guess your home-owners insurance might cover that.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top