Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 4:17:50 PM EDT
i work in a control room.it's probably only 16' by 20'. i'm often alone, but could have the other operator hanging out or guys from another dept. if i'm around other people, and i know my insides are about to let loose the green fart of death strong enough to kill all around, i'll sneek out a sec and discreetly let the killer gas loose where noone else is and then head back in.
i sometimes work with one guy, you know the type, that takes great pride in sharing his nasty fetid farts with all around. won't say a word, won't do it somewhere else, just sits there and practically shits himself. we were at turnover this morning and he drove three of us right out of the room. he takes pride in announcing ownership of the fart.he has no consideration of those around him and thinks it funny.
i realize it's a natural bodilly function, but you can't tell me you don't know it's coming on and "can't make it" to a better area.  
i'd like to think that none of you have to deal with that shit, but i know there are many more like him out there.  
just another example of common curtesy and manners going the way of the dodo bird.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]

You know, they make stink bombs that will actually make you almost pass out. Next time you leave the room and he's there alone, drop one of those babies in there and leave.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Fart fire with fire.

Get your co-workers to load up on the jalipenos and retaliate in kind.

If that doesn't work, IM me. I'll find you a deal on Louisville Sluggers.

Now, I don't want you to ABUSE this fine tool. The purpose of it is only to get his attention. I used to use this on a donkey to get his attention. I'd tell the donkey what to do, and if he didn't, I'd whop him one between the ears.

Seems donkies have a hearing problem. If you whop en one between the ears, it forces the wax out of their ears and they can hear again.

IMHO, your co-worker is being donkey-ish.
I don't think he has a manner problem as much as he does with a hearing empairment problem.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Like this guy?

[url=http://www.mizzou.edu/~npvytc/Budlight/Bud%20Light%20-%20Real%20Men%20of%20Genius%20-%20Mr.%20Silent%20Killer%20Gas%20Passer.mp3]mr silent killer gas passer[/url]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask the guy that I used to work with, who thought it was funny to blow "Corn Nut" burps in people's faces. You can still see where the stitches were in his upper lip, but my knuckles healed just fine.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#5]
limaxray, those commercials are a hoot, but i hadn't heard that one yet. that's some funny shit*.

*pun intended.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The foreman on my crew is just like that. I usually drive, and he is in the back seat. He just blasts away with the S.B.D's!!! I really dislike it, especially in heavy traffic!! That big bucket truck is hard enough to get around in without the "Death Fog" hangin' round!!

I like the stink bomb idea....might have to work on that one!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.fart-away.com/[/url]

[lol]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Farts stink so the deaf can enjoy them too.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I just get a can of Lysol and very liberally spray the offender and surrounding area. After doing it a couple of times and basically gagging the guy on Lysol, he should get the hint.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just get a can of Lysol and very liberally spray the offender and surrounding area. After doing it a couple of times and basically gagging the guy on Lysol, he should get the hint.
View Quote
dingdingdingding
People do to you what you LET them do to you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a hostile work environment.  Even though some of the tin-foil hat boys around here might not agree, this might be one time you want HR sticking their nose in where you work.  You literally don'thave to put up with that crap.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Call the EPA and file a complaint. [0j]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I worked for a guy who thought it was funny to fart in peoples faces when they were sitting down.

The first (and only) time he did that to me I knocked his ass to the ground and had my chair in the kill position. He whined like a little bitch so I dropped the chair.
That got me a "talking to" by the OIC.

About two weeks later he walked up to a new E-2 female who was sitting in my chair and ripped a nasty one in her face.
She went straight to the OIC, told him what happened and he was retirede (fired) that afternoon.
Stupid fuck was a WG-9 with less than 3 years to full retirement.

Like it was posted, people will do what they can get away with.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#14]
This is funny because I had drill this weekend past and out in the "Line Shack" we all sit around waiting for flights to come in etc. an this one kid jus smelled like raw sewage!  It was so bad we could only laugh.  The tower called and when we replied they could hear us all gagging and asked what the problem was(jokingly).  We replied that we were "gassesd" and the yellow shirts would be out shortly.  They knew what was up and laughed with us.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe that in MO it's a misdemenor to fart in public.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Farts stink so the deaf can enjoy them too.
View Quote

[lol] [rofl] [lol] [rofl]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:05:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Face it...shit stinks....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:13:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Yet again, the pussification of America.

Tell him, in no uncertain terms, that this nonsense is unnaceptable, disgusting, and you consider it harrassment.  Tell him if he doesn't cut it out, you'll report him to his (your?) superior.

Why is it that nobody can just come out & talk to people anymore?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:22:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:28:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Fill a squirt gun with "DOE IN HEAT" estrus scent...or raccoon urine. Either of which is just plain foul smelling stuff. Next time he rips one, spin around and soak him with the squirt gun.
Repeat as needed until the desired outcome occures.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#21]

My boss will have these "old man messed up bowels I ate road kill for breakfast" farts, and fart in his office all day.  I dread it when he calls me in to discuss something, because all I can do is think about is how sick I am about to get as I sit there and smell his insides....I am getting queezy thinking about it now.  It is the silent joke of the office.  The secretary even talked to him about getting an air purification system..."cuz our office makes her sneeze".

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Nobody wants to play pull my finger games any more.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm lucky, my shit don't stink!
View Quote

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good tactic, but I'd recommend some cheap (but strong) perfume in place of Lysol.  Since he apparently likes stinking up the joint, see how he likes smelling like a cheap whore for the rest of the day.  A little negative reinforcement can go a long way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#25]
At work we all try to out do each other.  And working inside a small airplane it can get very bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top