Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 2:10:02 PM EDT
i do phone tech support, my wife works at a hospital.
she asks me if i know "this" guy who calls us all the time.
i say ya, he's a fookin loon, he makes death threats, he go's on rants about his medical problems and so on..
i say why?

she says because they are treating him in her office for dipression and he is heavaly medicated.. and he's seeing a shrink.

he so bad that now even when calling the doctors office, he not allowed to talk to anyone a 2 people on a "list" my wife being 1 of those..
for the fact that he will keep people on the phone for 30 to 45 min. whineing and crying about him wanting to off him self if he dont get his meds on time..

he kepts my wife on 1 phone call for over a hour after her shift ended, crying on the phone how he was going to off him self.. and had her all up set when she came home

i told her she should hange up on him and tell him she is not qualified to deal with his issues and he needs to talk to his doctor.

and maybe with any luck he will off himself and and sole all of our problems.. :)

she said that why im not in the medical field and im un careing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Heartless bastard!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't recommend hanging up, but I do recommend having her pass off the phone to someone else.  She isn't his fucking shrink.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
with your spelling you'd be a great doc
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like he's got some obsession problems with your wife and the other person he demands to talk to.

Might be better to cut him off now before he gets too attached and tries to find and/or get her.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
You can't be a complete bastard. I mean, sure you are essentialy wish a mans death soley because he's a minor nuisance.

But it's not like you take up two parking spaces with your vehicle or anything.......
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i say ya, he's a fookin loon, he makes death threats, he go's on rants about his medical problems and so on..
i say why?

she says because they are treating him in her office for dipression and he is heavaly medicated.. and he's seeing a shrink.

he so bad that now even when calling the doctors office, he not allowed to talk to anyone a 2 people on a "list" my wife being 1 of those..
for the fact that he will keep people on the phone for 30 to 45 min. whineing and crying about him wanting to off him self if he dont get his meds on time..

he kepts my wife on 1 phone call for over a hour after her shift ended, crying on the phone how he was going to off him self.. and had her all up set when she came home

i told her she should hange up on him and tell him she is not qualified to deal with his issues and he needs to talk to his doctor.

and maybe with any luck he will off himself and and sole all of our problems.. :)

SPELL CHECK.... USE IT.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like he's a serious hypochondriac. I've run across his kind before.They're beyond help if they never confront this problem. They use their medical problems(start off as mental and then progress to real in some cases. I forget the syndrome name) to whore attention. Sometimes the very solution you offered can help but sometimes it doesn't. I have no sympathy for these types.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Both.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds like he's a serious hypochondriac. I've run across his kind before.They're beyond help if they never confront this problem. They use their medical problems(start off as mental and then progress to real in some cases. I forget the syndrome name) to whore attention. Sometimes the very solution you offered can help but sometimes it doesn't. I have no sympathy for these types.

he has had brain surgery and has a few other issues.. but he is still nuts...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, that's being an asshole.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i say why?

what's the question/problem?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Does he call your wife at the office, and also at home? I'm not sure I got the full gist of the story here.

office, she "has to" they wont let him talk to other people because he will keep them on the phone for a hour babaling..

and that makes it worse, because if she is not at her phone, they wont let him talk to any other nurse, so he get even more bonkers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I think he just wants to know what u carry in ur pack in case "something" happens and u need to get out a dodge. u no, how much amo and such.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Hang up, maybe he will off himself....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I sure hope he hasn't passed on his fu**ed up genes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#20]
let him kill himself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Get him to name her as beneficiary before he croaks himself.

Hey, why not make a profit off of this?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Only if his handwriting is as bad

Quoted:
having first hand dealt with such people. no you are not.

first he is NOT your wifes problem. if he kills himself it is because he is a nutcase, not because she won't talk to him. he is mentally unstable and that is the LAST thing you need your wife involved with.

If he was going to off himself he would have already done it. It's easy to do, offer him some advise.

I have to agree. My suggestion? have BOTH your wife AND the other person have the OTHERS working there to state that they QUIT. And have them each come up w/a pseudo-name ... something they've always liked or whatever. (DO NOT use "middle" names!) LETTING the asshat talk to THEM is pulling resources AWAY from others who could benefit from their assistance. Also might be a good idea for them to get together & figure out WHAT they are BOTH doing that is making him WANT to only talk to them. (Then they should STOP doing it). Also they are ENABLING his being a loon BY talking to his sorry behind. My guess is that they are both TOO "empathetic" and he's "playing" on that trait.

Good luck to all involved.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I am on your side. Totally.
But WTF do I know, my last day is Aug 7. I have had enough of these loser POSs to last me twenty lifetimes.

Your wife had better be damn careful with this guy. She is not his mommy and some of these lunatics are dangerous. Letting them into your life, even on a superficial level, is a really bad idea.

I had one of these a few years back who I felt was a real danger to my wife and family. Delusional, paranoid, fixated on doctors. Turned out she had made threats about another docs family because she was in love with him. No surprise here, I knew where she was coming from right off.

Finally told her that she needed a shrink. I finally said something to her husband who took offense but I was genuinely concerned for their safety----She started her house on fire 3 weeks later. Because the voices told her to.

Your wife does not appreciate what she is dealing with here, like many novices.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Dude, it's our handwriting that sucks not our spelling.  Well, not as badly as our handwriting.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Tell her to ask him NOT to use a gun, so that he doesn't become YET ANOTHER statistic we gun owners have to deal with, in fighting for our gun rights.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#26]
My 8 year old spells better job than you. Try cutting and pasting from MS Word after you spell check.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Your wife is a nurse?  Unless she has special psychiatric training, my thought is this is  far beyond her scope of practice--and approaches counseling without proper medical background.

I'm blaiming the practice or hospital, not your spouse.

Allowing such a patient...or anyone... to  monopolize that amount of time is absurd.

btw--Does this mean that both of the call recipients cannot be out of the office at the same time? No same time vacations?

Sounds like the practice (including all office staff) need training in how to handle difficult customers/patients.

I'm very concerned about your wife and other staff safety in the long run.

This book is just a start:  http://www.pohly.com/books/handlingdifficult.html

Gwen in L.A.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Kacer already covered everything I was going to say.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Wait til he gets your home number or shows up at your door at 1 AM, you had better be a heartless bastard now rather then waiting til some serious stuff happens. My ex was sorta like this, it WILL escalate and your wife's place of business has no right to dump a wacko like this on her. If it has gotten to this point they need to dump him as a patient for the safety of their workers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm not sure exactly what your wife's job is, but if she is a medical professional, to include office admin types, it seems she is violating some pretty serious patient privacy protocols by telling you what she did.  

You are probably not doing her any favors by spreading her disclosures on the internet.

I would be careful with this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hang up, maybe he will off himself....

I take this back.

Tell him he's a scared little bitch and he wont kill himself cuz he's a pussy.....so then maybe he will freaking off himself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#32]
For some reason several people I work with have recently gotten cancer. One young man has a family, real nice guy, he had a bad brain tumer. He wasn't expected to make it. He is now back to work after having surgery and some rehabilitation, he gets treatments and is far from out of the dark yet. He never once whined or complained.

Another woman I worked with wasnt' so lucky. She had some kind of autoimmune disease and got leukemia from the drugs she had to take. She got a bone marrow transplant and went through hell. She kept a postive attitude and fought to survive. She actually volunteered to work and worked for free when she was too ill to work full time. She eventually had a couple of really good years when she was almost normal for the first time in her life. Her luck ran out a few months ago and she suffered for 3 months before she died, keeping a postive attitude right up until her death.

There are 3 other women I work with in various stages of cancer, I don't see them much but they are hanging in there.

These people want to live. I have no patience for those that mentally blackmail others with their suicide threats. I guess that makes me a heartless bitch, I think these oxygen thieves should do the right thing and quit taking time away from those who want to live.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Let him do it. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top