BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/12/2013 6:41:41 PM EDT

Rape insurance?

Is that really a thing?

Well, yes, though the anti-abortion legislators in Michigan who passed a law Wednesday making it necessary don’t really call it that. They call it the “Abortion Insurance Opt-Out Act.”

From now on in Michigan, all public health insurance plans and most private ones will not be able to automatically include coverage for abortion services in their comprehensive policies.

Women will have to purchase separate riders in order to be covered for any sort of elective abortion. It doesn’t matter to the Michigan Legislature if the pregnancy is wanted but the baby has a medical condition incompatible with life. It doesn’t matter to the Michigan Legislature whether a pregnancy is the result of rape or incest.
View Quote

latimes.com
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Whatever it takes to make sure we lose more elections.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
All the law really means is that every payer doesn't have to subsidize the cost through their insurance.

It's just like what everyone is complaining about obamacare.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Are we honestly trying this hard to lose??
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the law really means is that every payer doesn't have to subsidize the cost through their insurance.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously Republicans. When the whole NSA thing came out all you had to do was, absolutely nothing until 2016 and you were fucking IN. That was it. It was that simple. Stop fucking around with your social meddling.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Meh. Fuckit. Sign me up for some abortion care and breastesis exams. Ole Doc sure is going to be surprised when he sees my weird lookin' vag.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I applaud them for doing this. And of course the narrative is spun and the simpleton mouth breathers fall for it.

Good move on their part calling it "rape insurance". I wish we had some people on our side with balls and skills to think and move like that.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder if this conflicts with obamacare.
Maybe a SCOTUS showdown: illegitimate rape insurance v obamacare!  Just in time for fall 2016?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#10]
There are all kinds of legitimate reasons to terminate WANTED pregnancies.  Will these not be covered as well?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I'm against abortion in principle but it's currently the law of the land and it's as radioactive an issue as gun control at the federal level.  Give it a rest.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seriously Republicans. When the whole NSA thing came out all you had to do was, absolutely nothing until 2016 and you were fucking IN. That was it. It was that simple. Stop fucking around with your social meddling.
View Quote

What about the liberal's social meddling?  You ok with that?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The fact they never pursued this AT ALL means that they, like everybody else, were in on it and benefitting from it in some way.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In which the social conservatives attempt to deflect responsibility for the policies they enable.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#16]
So legitimate rape is covered?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is expected that the liberals will try to sabotage republican political hopes.
When the republicans do it also it becomes frustrating
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So legitimate rape is covered?
View Quote

Can't get pregnant from legitimate rape.
Abortions would only be needed in cases of illegitimate rape
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#19]
why is abortion even covered by insurance anyway? it's not a health issue 99% of the time. it's an "oops" issue.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

why is abortion even covered by insurance anyway? it's not a health issue 99% of the time. it's an "oops" issue.
View Quote

That probably sounded like a really good argument in your head.

If I smash my hand with a fucking hammer tomorrow, I'm pretty sure my insurance will cover it.

Oops.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I applaud them for doing this. And of course the narrative is spun and the simpleton mouth breathers fall for it.

Good move on their part calling it "rape insurance". I wish we had some people on our side with balls and skills to think and move like that.

View Quote

This. Lol, even look at all the arfcommers foaming at the mouth.

From the article "Oh, and by the way, a woman who is already pregnant is not allowed to purchase the rider. Too bad for her! She should have known she was going to be raped and get pregnant!"

No shit, you can't buy insurance after the fact for something. Can you buy full coverage on your truck after you totaled it or flood damage for your house after it was hit by hurricane Sandy and have it covered under your new insurance? I'm going to by $1,000 of insurance so they'll cover my $20,000 operation tomorrow. NO.

It's about not forcing the taxpayers (me) to pay for other people's abortions. What spin.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here. But of course people ALWAYS trot out the "life of the mother" stuff that is rarer than lightning striking a Ferrari.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#24]
circus

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pregnancy is a physiological condition that is often accompanied by minor symptoms, and sometimes severe complications.
Physicians are usually sought out for assistance in dealing with pregnancy and other physiological conditions.  'Health insurance' is often used to deal with payments associated with such assistance.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If I smash my hand with a fucking hammer tomorrow, I'm pretty sure my insurance will cover it.

Oops.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops.

Your hand is broken and needs care.

A fetus has developed and needs.... an abortion?

I'm morally against abortion, but think it should be legal for the first trimester (and only first).

But come on, the mental gymnastics people use to call it anything but ripping out a baby from the mother's womb are pathetic.

Next, they'll be calling it "preventative birth treatment" or some other bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pregnancy is a physiological condition that is often accompanied by minor symptoms, and sometimes severe complications.
Physicians are usually sought out for assistance in dealing with pregnancy and other physiological conditions.  'Health insurance' is often used to deal with payments associated with such assistance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are legitimate reasons for getting an abortion.

Most cases are just "oops LOL not ready for this so BRB lemme get it taken care of"

So tell me how aborting an unwanted fetus is healthcare related.....?

I'm just not understanding.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Most cases are just "oops LOL not ready for this so BRB lemme get it taken care of"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The issue of pre-born child murder is one issue. Lets set that aside for the moment.
Having physiological symptoms, some undesired, that are best treated with medical procedures, performed by a medical professional, suggests the category of 'healthcare' to me
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I think it's probably wrong and would never have my wife or any previous relationship get one, but at the end of the day, it doesn't effect me, so I really don't give a damn.

I am not happy to be paying for other people's abortion, public workers, government sponsored health insurance, ect. Go buy your own abortion insurance or pay for the damn thing out of pocket.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#31]
#rapeinsurance

credit: Oleg Volk
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#32]
And yet another example where the correct solution is ".gov GTFO".
How about you let the market offer what it wants, and you let consumers buy what they want?

But as usual, we get democrats and republicans fighting over how they want to control you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh, for fuck's sake.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

So let children be murderd in order to win elections. Keeping it classy are you? You know how the Republican party was started it was by people who fought the social issue of their time. You think we should abandon principles in order to get elected when we do that we are worse than those we oppose. There are some on this site that will stand aside when innocent people are being butcherd as long as their guu gets a shot at winning an election. Elections bought with the blood of children is disgusting and damnit those who are  alright with it are no differnt than liberals. No one who truly loves liberty will support or passivly sit by against abbortion.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

So let children be murderd in order to win elections. Keeping it classy are you? You know how the Republican party was started it was by people who fought the social issue of their time. You think we should abandon principles in order to get elected when we do that we are worse than those we oppose. There are some on this site that will stand aside when innocent people are being butcherd as long as their guu gets a shot at winning an election. Elections bought with the blood of children is disgusting and damnit those who are  alright with it are no differnt than liberals. No one who truly loves liberty will support or passivly sit by against abbortion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a child.

This is not a child.

See any differences? Words, their meanings are important. Grammatik macht frei.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Meh.  Abortions are cheap.  Pay for it out of your own damn pocket if you are so hell bent on having one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He says, as he helps ensures liberal victory.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Abortion is morally deplorable, as was slavery.  This country wouldn't exist if the founding fathers hadn't compromised on that point.  You avoid the fights you can't win so that you are able to fight the fights you can win.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a child.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hXzsOPwHMPI/ULjGqrjVaoI/AAAAAAAAJBM/YPeaCp6LBQY/s1600/Baby+I+have+a+surprise+for+you,+its+poop.jpg

This is not a child.

http://scm-l3.technorati.com/11/10/27/55025/zygote.jpg?t=20111027092220

You are not the first to justify the murder of millions by classifying them as subhuman. Just as you belive it they did too.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The fact they never pursued this AT ALL means that they, like everybody else, were in on it and benefitting from it in some way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that less and less, the more of it I see.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Compromising with liberals is how we got where we are at. It fails us everytime. There are some issues that you cannot compromise on. Those who talk about compromises ALWAYS turn out to be liberals in disguise.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Compromising with liberals is how we got where we are at. It fails us everytime. There are some issues that you cannot compromise on. Those who talk about compromises ALWAYS turn out to be liberals in disguise.  

Compromise?  

You hold strong on a lost issue and hand them everything.

There's no compromise involved, unless you support the rest of their agenda.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Are we honestly trying this hard to lose??
View Quote

Yes...

Yes we fucking are...

They nominated the only man who could loose in Virginia this year, then got mad when he lost!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a child.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hXzsOPwHMPI/ULjGqrjVaoI/AAAAAAAAJBM/YPeaCp6LBQY/s1600/Baby+I+have+a+surprise+for+you,+its+poop.jpg

This is not a child.

You are not the first to justify the murder of millions by classifying them as subhuman. Just as you belive it they did too.  
I take offense to the charge that abortion is the murder of babies. If you want to call it the murder of zygotes or fetuses, then so be it. They are NOT babies. Again, words have definitions, and they are important.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry but why should every policy cover this? Why is it better to eliminate choice from the consumer?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I would love to pick and choose things that I'm covered for. I have little use for abortion, gynecologists, breast exams, birth control, etc... why should I pay?
I will not need those things in the course of my life and will impose no costs to the system for them. Making me pay for them, as under obamacare, is wrong and just another attempt to get me to pay for shit that buys Dem votes.

I'm willing to bet that it was framed that way and the LAtimes went full retard with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I take offense to the charge that abortion is the murder of babies. If you want to call it the murder of zygotes or fetuses, then so be it. They are NOT babies. Again, words have definitions, and they are important.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a child.

This is not a child.

Murder of unique human individuals?

ETA: However, it is currently a huge losing issue so that problem can be tackled later. It should probably be tackled more from a persuasive angle than legislative though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Like a dog to its vomit, so a fool returns to his folly.

If they keep this up they can say goodbye the Republican majority in the Michigan House.

Up next no doubt will be a law requiring ultrasound and a waiting period to get an abortion.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Why do republicans care if a group of primarily democrats abort the next generation of democratic voters? I don't get it. Is there some issue where if a woman has an abortion she votes D for life out of shame or loyalty or something?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sorry but why should every policy cover this? Why is it better to eliminate choice from the consumer?  
View Quote

Because consumers are fucking ignorant.
Hell, those morans in new york used to buy 30 round magazines!
It wasn't until the government stepped in that they realized how awesome 7 round mags are.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top