Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 7:16:12 PM EDT
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3hm.htm

XXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE OCT 04, 2005 18:02:01 ET XXXXX

MIERS FOUND CHRIST, TURNED REPUBLICAN

By 1979, Harriet Miers, then in her mid-30s, had accomplished what some people take a lifetime to achieve. She was a partner at Locke Purnell Boren Laney & Neely, one of the most prestigious law firms in the South.

But she still felt something was missing in her life.

The NEW YORK TIMES is set to splash the "something" on Page Ones on Wednesday, newsroom sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

It was after a series of long discussions with Nathan Hecht, a junior colleague and sweetheart, that led her to a decision that many of the people around her say changed Miers life.

"She decided that she wanted faith to be a bigger part of her life," Hecht said. "One evening she called me to her office and said she was ready to make a commitment," to accept Jesus Christ as her savior and be born again, Hecht said. Miers became an evangelical Christian and began identifying more with the Republican Party than with the Democrats who had long held sway over Texas politics.

"Yes, she goes to a pro-life church," Hecht said, adding, "I know Harriet is, too." The two attended "two or three" anti-abortion fundraising dinners in the early 1990s, he said, but added she had not otherwise been active in the anti-abortion movement. "You can be just as pro-life as the day is long and can decide the Constitution requires Roe" to be upheld, he said.

what happens when she unfinds Christ?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm hoping a Republican filibusters...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top