Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/3/2005 11:29:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 2:00:20 PM EDT by cluster]
damn..

took out the camera phone and took these .....

ok they are people too.. blah...blah.. blah .. dont care.. dont give a shit..

but why the damn flag..?!?

why do i have to see that crap?

Why do i have to tell my girls that they can NOT go to the section with the pretty flag?

its disgusting..

ok thats it... back to your normal routine..

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:30:47 AM EDT
So a rainbow offends you, as does the right to free speech?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:31:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 11:32:18 AM EDT by WildBoar]

I thought they wanted to be treated equally. Is there a heterosexual only section as well? Or is special treatment the goal?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:31:48 AM EDT
Hang up a Nazi flag in the "History, WWII" section. Call it a day.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:32:17 AM EDT
So hang a Gadsden or a "Molon Labe" flag in the Military History section.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:32:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

dooooohhhhh beat me
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:33:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 12:05:18 PM EDT by 82ndAbn]

originally posted by WildBoar:
I thought they wanted to be treated equally. Is there a heterosexual section as well?

Probably not. People would get confused with the section.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:33:38 AM EDT
Seeing that falg on government property would make feel uncomfortable andf am being sexualy harrassed and decriminated against.

I would sue.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:34:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

I thought they wanted to be treated equally. Is there a heterosexual only section as well? Or is special treatment the goal?

+1 I don't like these idiots, even if they are people.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:35:26 AM EDT
They are special...

Hence the flag

GM
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:35:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 11:35:45 AM EDT by leelaw]

Originally Posted By 92man:

+1 I don't like these idiots, even if they are 4% of the population people.

I don't blare my sexuality in public, the gays don't need to either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:35:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SemperParatusEmt:

to anser your question..

yes .. it does..

dont mind the section itself... its the flag.. the display.. the " look, I take it in the ass and you cant stop me" display that offends me..

look at every other self in there..

wow.. no flag .. no "look at me" display...

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:36:00 AM EDT
Someone misunderstood the director's order to hang a fag in that section so everyone would know.

I'm only kidding!! Just a humorous play on words.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:36:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

+1
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:37:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cluster:
Why do i have to tell my girls that they can NOT go to the section with the pretty flag?

Now you've found the ulterior motive to picking a rainbow flag for the gay/lesbian symbol. Its done to corrupt the children.

just kidding, I don't think it was done intentionally, but it IS sad that people have to watch out for things like that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:37:24 AM EDT
Discrimination, or, as in this case, special rights and priviledges based on sexual nature or gender are wrong. If anything they need to be excluded for their immoral text.

Pretty soon, they will say our tax dollars cannot be spent at the county tax funded library for bibles and bible commentary, Seperation of the Church and State and all that crap.

But the gay stuff will be allowed.

Now that would be a slippery slope indeed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:37:53 AM EDT
Write a letter and basically say you will go on a crusade to stop all funding for the library. Then write to county and state reps.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:38:19 AM EDT
I do disagree with the flag being there on principle... I see no other flags hanging there at all so either everyone gets flags or other propaganda or nobody does.

My guess is one of the librarians is gay and hung it there as an activist measure or just to call extra attention to the Gay and Lesbian section. Like it needs any extra attention - My guess is, it's like the "pregnancy" section... You only go there if you are pregnant.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:38:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 11:39:39 AM EDT by WildBoar]
I dont mind a separate section really. It does make it easier to find things.

But the flag is over the top. Next thing you know the Klan Klowns will want a poster of a burning cross and a black effigy hanging in front of their section.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:38:24 AM EDT
If they really did achieve the goal they claim, and people were to just accept them without fanfare, well then there would be no point, would there? Once the benefits (as twisted as that is to say) of being "part of the gay community" go away then so will the popularity.

No different than Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. If they truly worked toward and achieved what they claim then they'd be out of a job. SO they claim one thing and work toward another.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:38:27 AM EDT

Probably not.

I would sue on that basis along, "equal opportunity" my ass.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:38:28 AM EDT
I have 6 minutes left on this computer... on the way out i will ask why the need for the flag to be displayed.. ill get a name of the person also..

then will post thier answer from my laptop..
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:41:01 AM EDT
You visited the 'libary'?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:41:11 AM EDT

I have 6 minutes left on this computer... on the way out i will ask why the need for the flag to be displayed.. ill get a name of the person also..

dont forget to logout
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:42:05 AM EDT
So where is the Beastiality Section and what flag do they get ?

The Child molester Section and what flag do they get ?

The Methamphetamine cookers section and what flag do they get ?

Hello, McFly ?..........

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:42:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SemperParatusEmt:

to anser your question..

yes .. it does..

dont mind the section itself... its the flag.. the display.. the " look, I take it in the ass and you cant stop me" display that offends me..

look at every other self in there..

wow.. no flag .. no "look at me" display...

Very well, sounds good. I was just curious as to which part was offending you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:44:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 11:55:53 AM EDT by cluster]

Originally Posted By southeast_scrounger:
You visited the 'libary'?

I see no "spelling Nazi " flag in here ... so I will ignore your comment..

opps oh well to late to fix it..

Edited to change "grammer" to "spelling"
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:44:44 AM EDT
Diversity, had enough yet????
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:45:23 AM EDT

Texas? Texas!!? WTF?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:45:34 AM EDT
Where are you? Austin?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:46:44 AM EDT
ok where is the library, and give us the email address.
Time for a fire mission.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:48:00 AM EDT
Notice it's in section 'G'............. For Ghey!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:48:20 AM EDT

Be careful not to commit a "hate crime" by the tone of your question.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:52:21 AM EDT
If the rainbow flag points me to books with lesbian photos, then I have no complaint.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:52:59 AM EDT
Rip it down and throw it in the garbage. That is what I would do. That is what a lot of people around here would do. That is why they don't try that sort of thing around here- at least not yet. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. A public library is just that- public. It has no right to free speech. Books about nazis and homosexuals and all manner of evil people are OK. That is what a library is for. But to glorify these lifestyles and condone them is another matter. That flag and that sign has no more business in the public library than an NSDAP pennant on the front door.

Galland
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:54:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Galland:
Rip it down and throw it in the garbage. That is what I would do. That is what a lot of people around here would do. That is why they don't try that sort of thing around here- at least not yet. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. A public library is just that- public. It has no right to free speech. Books about nazis and homosexuals and all manner of evil people are OK. That is what a library is for. But to glorify these lifestyles and condone them is another matter. That flag and that sign has no more business in the public library than an NSDAP pennant on the front door.

Galland

Have fun in Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass prison after being convicted of hate crimes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:54:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BeetleBailey:
Texas? Texas!!? WTF?

Sodomy is legal ther now.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:55:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chooper:
If the rainbow flag points me to books with lesbian photos, then I have no complaint.

Aside from the college girls who act Bi for the attention, they're large and don't shave their pits. You really want to see pics of that?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:57:41 AM EDT

damn..

took out the camera phone and took these .....

img278.imageshack.us/img278/2540/gflsg1of.jpg

img107.imageshack.us/img107/3280/flg27ob.jpg

img259.imageshack.us/img259/5968/sertt3pf.jpg

ok they are people too.. blah...blah.. blah .. dont care.. dont give a shit..

but why the damn flag..?!?

why do i have to see that crap?

its disgusting..

ok thats it... back to your normal routine..

Dude, there's way better material on the net. You don't have to go out in public in search of that stuff.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:57:42 AM EDT
tagged for the slurs
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:57:52 AM EDT

+1
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:59:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 12:00:39 PM EDT by Avalon01]
Is the Gay and Lesbian collection a one time shot or a permament collection?

If a one time shot - who cares? For MLK day the local library had a section about MLK with a poster of him. For Black History Month they have a section filled with books on Black History and an African flag (the red/green/black one). Casmir Pulaski day rates it's own section with a Polish flag hung by the books.

If it is a permament collection I would complain. Unless each section has it's own flag or poster on the front of the stack.

Av.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 12:02:46 PM EDT by cluster]
this computer keeps extending my time to stay on.. seems no one is waiting.. so the report of WHY the flag is up will have to wait..

this is my plan:

Simply and nicely ask..
" why the flag is there.."
" is there any way that thing can be taken down ASAP?"

at no time to i plan on saying "why not!" when they say it will stay..

just ask my questions and out the door is my plan..

I really wanna ask If I can bring in a Nazi Flag to hang up...

That would be interseting since I am not white.. black ... :)

ideas?......

Avalon01.. just asked if it was temp or perm.. I will ask that also...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:02:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Galland:

Galland

Av.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:02:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:

Now you've found the ulterior motive to picking a rainbow flag for the gay/lesbian symbol. Its done to corrupt the children.

just kidding, I don't think it was done intentionally, but it IS sad that people have to watch out for things like that.

Well where else are they going to recruit NEW gays and lesbians??? They can't have kids inside their relationship, so they have to recruit new faces from the rest of society.

I think ANYONE besides a parent who trys counselling a child on their "sexual options" needs to be drawn and quartered!!!!!!!

Hey, if an ADULT wants to make those choices... it IS their right!

BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE STRAIGHT PEOPLES CHILDREN!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:04:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

Originally Posted By BeetleBailey:
Texas? Texas!!? WTF?

Sodomy is legal ther now.

Sgat1r5

Don't kid yourself, we have cities based off sodomy in California.

Berkeley, San Francisco, and they're a hell of a lot closer to you than Texas cities, plus they vote in the same state you live in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:06:49 PM EDT
I wonder what the story would be like if the flag had a swastika and said "White Power" in a section with a plaque that said "Anglo History"

Or how about a flag depicting Jesus Christ at the 'Last Supper' in the "Religion" section?

Its politically incorrect to be a white man that subscribes to Christian beliefs, meanwhile it is perfectly acceptible to broadcast being a sodomite in a public building paid for with tax dollars
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:07:59 PM EDT
Before you leave don't forget to go to the pet section and get all the gerbil books and move them to the gay section. No one else may laugh but it keeps me smiling all day.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:08:54 PM EDT
I would have removed it and put it in the trash can in the picture.

Problem solved.

Just remmeber with out us (Heterosexuals) there would be no fags. I always tell them that when one gets lippy with me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:10:28 PM EDT
Rainbow flag? That's it?
I want a locked chest with a leather clad gimp who will fetch the books for me!
How about a chronological display of the evolution of the dildo (all the way from "wood stick" to "latex king-dong with 5 horse Briggs and Stratton"..)
How about booths...with holes in the walls...
Maybe a steam room.

And about those library cards... They are discriminitory! The library could be used to track and persecute those who want to explore and educate themselves on fetishes and sexuality. What if someone were the victim of a hate crime because they went to the library?

I'm going to contact my local chapter of NAMBLA to arrange a protest. Then we are going for some pie at the neverland ranch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:11:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By _RAGNAR_:
Before you leave don't forget to go to the pet section and get all the gerbil books and move them to the gay section. No one else may laugh but it keeps me smiling all day.

i will and i will take a few pics just to prove it...

i will be seen in the gay section for a few minutes so you owe me a beer..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top