Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2005 6:01:45 PM EDT
Well,  I have.  I think I have finally narrowed it down to the core.  FWIW, I run on Windows XP.

Immediately upon being prompted to download the latest version...like a sucker...I did.

Then everything went to hell.

Just plain could not get iTunes to run....which also means I fretted, gnashed my teeth, and got generally pissed off that I suffered the horrific trauma that (gasp)

I could not update my Ipod.

The horror, the horror.

So anyways, I found this fix...

discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]@.68b90c60

...and it worked for awhile but everything went to hell again.  ITunes would not run.

Then an epiphany struck and I right clicked on the toolbar icon, clicked on compatibility, and set it to Windows 2000.  Why isn't there an option for Windows XP?  Anyways, its made things fine and dandy for awhile, then decended straight back to hell again.  ITunes would not run.

After fussing around for quite a bit, I finally realized that Mr. Norton Security is the Devil Incarnate and prevented ITunes from working.  Disable Norton, and ITunes once again runs like Forrest Gump.

Your experiences?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
don't own one.   Almost bought one but changed my mind  (shrug)
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Repeat after me:

.mp3 players, cameras or other storage devices that require proprietary loading software are teh suck, no matter how cool the commercial is.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I am running the latest iTunes, and don't have any problems updating my Shuffle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an iRiver 1GB MP3/WMA player that I use regularly for workouts and long drives. I just use Windows Media Player to sync it, but I do use iTunes for some of my music purchases, just not for syncing. Apple sucks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Repeat after me:

.mp3 players, cameras or other storage devices that require proprietary loading software are teh suck, no matter how cool the commercial is.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Apple sucks.

Okay! Sure!

Running on OS 10.4.2 without a hitch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
No problems here.  Running it on OSX 10.4.2.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#9]
typical of Apple, they suck! and this is coming from someone who used all macs/apples since the Apple IIe, i switched to windows 4 years ago and never will go back.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
typical of Apple, they suck! and this is coming from someone who used all macs/apples since the Apple IIe, i switched to windows 4 years ago and never will go back.

Funny. I used all PC's from DOS 2.X. I switched to Mac a year ago and I'll never go back.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I use iTunes at work.  My work PC is running Windows XP pro and after I updated iTunes I couldn't get it to download music.  I do have software-based firewalls (Window's built in version and peerguardian), and I tried to make allowances for it, but iTunes tells me I don't have a valid US address on file.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  I don't have the player, just the software.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Powerbook G4 running OSX 10.4.2

You wouldn't believe the postive comments I get about it, not just about the exterior but when they see me usingn the OS.

I did have a desktop PC for gaming, but I can't stand the clunky OS.  I did like the hardware though.  

I like not having to worry about viruses and whatnot with the Mac the most.

As for me having any problems using iTunes 6.0 I have none, but then again I'm using a Mac. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top