Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 8:14:26 AM EDT
I know there's a way to get photos on my Nano, I just can't figure out how they get them there in the 1st place.

Anyone happen to know? Do you use iTunes to transfer images the way you transfer music? I didn't see an images option, and dragging and dropping doesn't seem to work either.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]
There should be a preference in iTunes that will allow you to see the iPod as a USB disk.  (Windows version)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#3]
As I recall, it was part of the setup of the Nano to have it pick up all the photos in the "my photos" folder.  I also have it synch to my Outlook contacts list.  I don't think it was an iTunes setting, though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There should be a preference in iTunes that will allow you to see the iPod as a USB disk.  (Windows version)

iTunes does register the Nano as a USB device, and as such, importing tunes to the Nano is easy. I just don't see where the importation of images is an option.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Let me try today, I just bought a 4gig Nano last week, I have not tried to get pices on it yet.

Thanks, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As I recall, it was part of the setup of the Nano to have it pick up all the photos in the "my photos" folder.  I also have it synch to my Outlook contacts list.  I don't think it was an iTunes setting, though.

That could be part of the problem too. When I was installing the software that came with the iPod, there was a slight glitch. Everything seemed to work afterwards though, as far as getting music on the Nano. The glitch is that the icon that appears on the screen of the Nano once it's USB connected to my PC that says "Do Not Disconnect", never goes away. I have no choice but to disconnect it while that's blinking.

That being said, it hasn't stopped music from getting in....it seems to work fine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
On a Mac, I create a folder titled "NANO" in iPhoto and put pics in there that I want on the Nano. Then, in iTunes, I link to that folder to sync with. Pretty simple. With Windows, you can probably do the same thing in "My Pictures". Create an album that you want for the pics on the Nano and link to it in iTunes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
On a Mac, I create a folder titled "NANO" in iPhoto and put pics in there that I want on the Nano. Then, in iTunes, I link to that folder to sync with. Pretty simple. With Windows, you can probably do the same thing in "My Pictures". Create an album that you want for the pics on the Nano and link to it in iTunes.

Thanks for the tips...I'll give that a try. By the way, how do images look on a Nano (besides being tiny)? Good quality, or not worth the effort?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#9]
From Itunes, select Edit, Preferances. It is on the first screen. My suggestion is create a folder in My Pictures folder ( I called mine Ipod Photos ) and just add or delete photos from that folder. Select that folder to syncronize with Itunes automatically. That easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top