Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 11:43:00 AM EDT
Which one? This would be my first smart phone. Don't want to have to buy again for a while.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:57:56 AM EDT
I have a Droid, I love the Droid OS, but I'm an IT consultant. I like dealing complicated things. The Droid OS isn't a breeze to learn. Though there are interfaces to overcome this, the lack of iTunes on the droid aggravates me. I think I'll be switching back to the iPhone when I get a chance to upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:59:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tmleadr03:
Which one? This would be my first smart phone. Don't want to have to buy again for a while.

Fo with Apple. It will just work for you, and not give to many problems.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:00:10 PM EDT
I've had two iPhones (both the old 3G, no S) and each after about nine months starts getting glitchy, more and more crash-prone, and things stop working. The maps feature no longer works at all. I'm sticking it out with this $%^#ing thing until I get the discount prices on the droids, and can't wait. There will be a hole in the 'apple' on the back that is 9/20" in diameter.

But Siri seems cool
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:00:51 PM EDT
iPhone for sure
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:01:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2012 12:02:25 PM EDT by schizrade]

Originally Posted By jeffman1911:
I've had two iPhones (both the old 3G, no S) and each after about nine months starts getting glitchy, more and more crash-prone, and things stop working. The maps feature no longer works at all. I'm sticking it out with this $%^#ing thing until I get the discount prices on the droids, and can't wait. There will be a hole in the 'apple' on the back that is 9/20" in diameter.

But Siri seems cool

Wipe to factory. Problems solved. Same shit happens on Android. Fix it.

Oh and very happy Gnex user here. Android 4.0 is sweet. No Roms yet, waiting for 4.03/4.04 stock to drop before I bother. I just want to be able to remove that damn google search bar.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:01:50 PM EDT
+1 for iphone, played with Android some but liked the Apple better.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:03:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By schizrade:

But Siri seems cool

I'll do it again and let you know what happens...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:04:15 PM EDT
iPhone...It just works
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:05:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mhpoole:
iPhone...It just works

Until it doesn't, then you fix it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:07:43 PM EDT

But Siri seems cool

Manually restore the image. I did this for a friend and it fixed him up perfect.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/10/27/manually-update-or-restore-ios-5/
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:08:18 PM EDT
Android. Make sure to setup your contact sync with gmail and use google voice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:15:58 PM EDT

But Siri seems cool

Manually restore the image. I did this for a friend and it fixed him up perfect.

Thanks for the link

Doing this now: "If you have actually used it then connect to iTunes and highlight the iPhone in the source list. On the summary tab click on the restore button. - Once it has finished another option will be presented asking you if you want to set it up as a new iPhone or restore from the back-up data. Select 'set up as a new phone'. This will remove any and all data from the phone. Restoring from back-up data will replace any settings/data you had previously had on the phone...." http://forums.ilounge.com/iphone/241598-returning-my-iphone-how-wipe-data.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:20:06 PM EDT

But Siri seems cool

Thanks for the link

Doing this now: "If you have actually used it then connect to iTunes and highlight the iPhone in the source list. On the summary tab click on the restore button. - Once it has finished another option will be presented asking you if you want to set it up as a new iPhone or restore from the back-up data. Select 'set up as a new phone'. This will remove any and all data from the phone. Restoring from back-up data will replace any settings/data you had previously had on the phone...." http://forums.ilounge.com/iphone/241598-returning-my-iphone-how-wipe-data.html

No problem. It works everytime.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:23:13 PM EDT
Had my iPhone 4 just over a year and it's been great. No problems and good battery life.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:23:40 PM EDT
There's no point in getting an iPhone right now unless you like older tech. The iPhone not having 4G at this point is absolutely ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:24:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wTheOnew:
There's no point in getting an iPhone right now unless you like older tech. The iPhone not having 4G at this point is absolutely ridiculous.

Kinda agree with this one.
Top Top