Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2012 4:52:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 4:56:44 PM EDT
Installed it yesterday on an iphone 4.  No idea what it changed, but I have no issues with it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 6:52:15 PM EDT
installed it on my iPod touch last night (or night before, it all runs together). No issues.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 9:44:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RyJones:
installed it on my iPod touch last night (or night before, it all runs together). No issues.

I take that back. My iPod would not let me launch any apps except settings, so I flattened it. Dammit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 9:56:19 PM EDT
loaded it yesterday, OTA downloads are nice.  No issue with it so far.
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 5:53:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:16:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:17:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cruze5:
Sirius xm app. - unusable

M.facebook.com- unusable

Couch to 5k program speaking the wrong voices

I switched to apple because I was tired of android updates breaking stuff... I'm ready to go back to my rugged Casio phone

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

m.facebook.com works fine on mine post-update.  Not sure about the others.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:18:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dano523:
I-phone OS update,

Fancy way of saying Apple just trying to block another jail break method, with nothing really justifying the update other than that since what they do tack on to the release, is really not ready in the first place (you go problems when you are fixing the fix alone in your updates).

Actually no.  While they might block jailbreaks (also known as fixing security vulnerabilities, usually considered a good thing), there is usually added functionality in their updates.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:59:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2012 8:07:19 AM EDT by cruze5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 5:32:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:59:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2012 9:06:25 PM EDT by Josh]
Originally Posted By Josh:
I-phone OS update,

Fancy way of saying Apple just trying to block another jail break method, with nothing really justifying the update other than that since what they do tack on to the release, is really not ready in the first place (you go problems when you are fixing the fix alone in your updates).

Actually no.  While they might block jailbreaks, there is usually added functionality in their updates.

Yes,and no,

Go back a take a look of the last updates in about the last year.  Every one of them was rushed out with problems with the added functionality, then these problems later fixed in later updates when they deemed it time to stop the last jail break method. 0S-4 to 0S-5, battery killer that was not solved until a later update.

Don't kid yourself, I-phone updates now are just ways to stop the jailbreaks (security veritably my ass, just loss of sales though the apple store driving such instead), with some updates offering so added function that has not been ironed out yet, while some nothing more than to just stop the jail break (one of these was around the OS 4/7 period).

Its either that, or everyone one is becoming the beta tester for added features, or apple has taken a Que from Microsoft, and just release total crap to get it out the door as the next thing to have in theory, then fix it later on another update.

Bottom line, Apple is just pissed that they can't legally stop jail breaking of I-phones (and the loss of apple store sales that comes from it), so it has become a game of cat and mouse with them, with just about every Update reason a way to stop the previous method of jail breaking method instead.

And the plan truth/the other side of the coin, the reason that I-phones are so popular, Cyndia and Jail breaking.
The day that Apple finally puts a stop to Jail breaking, the same month that their sales will tank and never recover on the I-phone.

Jailbreaking is exploiting a security vulnerability, and where one can exploit it for one's own purpose, someone malicious can exploit it for their purposes as well.  So yes, fixing the exploits that allow jailbreaking is a priority for Apple, as it should be.

You believe everyone jailbreaks their phones, but you are incorrect.  The amount of jailbreaking going on is miniscule compared to the number of phones sold. The jailbreak crowd is not impacting Apple's bottom line at all.  Hell, the 4s wasn't jailbroken until very recently, and it still sold millions of units all over the world, almost exclusively to people who think jailbreak is a tv show, or have never even heard the word.  Hell, I have had a 4s for 4 months, and haven't jailbroken it, and I'm about as tech geek as you can get.  There's simply no need to do it.

You can't project your desires onto the rest of the world with nothing to back it up, and your assertions that Apple's sales of ios devices will tank if they stop jailbreaking is so absurd as to not even really merit a response.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 2:08:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 8:04:14 AM EDT
No issues with the update on either my iPhone or iPad with apps or anything else.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 1:06:36 AM EDT

M.facebook.com- unusable

I switched to apple because I was tired of android updates breaking stuff... I'm ready to go back to my rugged Casio phone

you can't click on status.  to update your status.  the inbox, friendrequest, and notification icons are gone

i've cleared all cookies and history and it still doesn't work.

Don't use the Facebook app they have?   The Google+ app just got updated and is pretty slick.

Upgraded to 5.1.1 as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 2:10:57 AM EDT
I've kept my iPad3 at 5.1, we'll see how long before they get the bugs out of 5.1.1
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 2:16:30 AM EDT

M.facebook.com- unusable

you can't click on status.  to update your status.  the inbox, friendrequest, and notification icons are gone

You can't....5.1.1 works fine here on our 4 devices.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:42:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:00:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheRocketmac:

M.facebook.com- unusable

Don't use the Facebook app they have?   The Google+ app just got updated and is pretty slick.

Upgraded to 5.1.1 as well.

Using the facebook app is pointless unless you want immediate notifications.. I'm not that desperate to know if someone commented after be.

Email messages I get notified by gmail 15 minutes later since push email for gmail will never work.

As I said already Facebook updated their site and it started working the other day

push for gmail has worked fine for me for quite some time now.  Not sure what the problem is for you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:08:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2012 7:08:51 AM EDT by cruze5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:16:13 AM EDT
my settings are set to push,  under advanced it set to push.

messages are delayed even more when set to push.  up to 30 minutes at times.  so i just leave it at 15 minutes and its never had an issue

wow.

My messages come in immediately, all the time.  Do you have your gmail account set up as an exchange server?
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:17:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2012 7:20:19 AM EDT by cruze5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:19:10 AM EDT
nope set as just a standard gmail with pop enabled

Check out this link:  http://email.about.com/od/iphonemailtips/qt/Set_Up_Push_Gmail_in_iPhone_Mail.htm

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:22:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:48:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2012 8:50:27 AM EDT by cruze5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 1:24:11 PM EDT
well that fixed one problem i've had since day one with my iphone.... THANK YOU!!!

the new problem is it will not copy over the rest of my 260 contacts.  its limited it to 50 contacts

Exported then reimported them.. Fixed I think..

No worries, glad it worked!
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:32:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Josh:There's simply no need to do it.

It was great to be able to finally shut the "I'm a pervert for taking a picture" sound up.  I have not taken a single picture with the camera of my 3GS, it has all be screen shots.  I was really happy to use it without that annoying protect the panties of the high school girls who have to use their hand to not show their panties while walking up stairs because they rolled their skirt up too high to impress the boys in the first place.

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 12:00:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ocshaman:

Originally Posted By Josh:There's simply no need to do it.

It was great to be able to finally shut the "I'm a pervert for taking a picture" sound up.  I have not taken a single picture with the camera of my 3GS, it has all be screen shots.  I was really happy to use it without that annoying protect the panties of the high school girls who have to use their hand to not show their panties while walking up stairs because they rolled their skirt up too high to impress the boys in the first place.

While that sound is annoying, I've never felt I *had* to turn it off.
Top Top