Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 7:09:41 PM EDT
Is this a legitimate outfit?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, ibill is legit.
They generally specialize in internet related billing, particularly for membership based websites. The other major outfit in this arena is ccbill, who does basically the same thing.

Are you planning on using one as a consumer or as a webmaster?

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It's legit. They started out as the only company that allowed you to process a web transaction through your phone bill for people who didn't have a CC or want to use one. From there they have grown into a major transaction processing player. I remember back in the web heyday of Internet World 97 when they had a 12,000 square foot booth at McCormick Place in Chicago. My how times have changed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:58:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya it's legit, it appeared on my CC bill for charges I never authorized.  Some internet jacko cyberstole my CC numbers and went to some Wet & Young.com crap.

Jerk used an AOL email addy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
No, just saw it at a web site.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope so. I just used it to sign up for Modern Survival E magazine.
It's the "old" ASG guys with an online magazine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top