Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:39:12 PM EDT
i need to replace my vehicle - i currently drive a high mileage GMC pickup for work and personal use.
i need to have a 4 door, 4wd vehicle with enough ground clearance to cover rough construction sites. occaisionally i have to ride others around on site. also, it'll be a high mileage vehicle for me - drive a lot for work.
and i need as high of gas mileage figures as i can find - naturally.

is the santa fe a good choice - i mean have they been dependable vehicles thus far for you owners?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:45:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 4:50:47 PM EDT by afplayboy18]
IMO its a Hyundai so i dont trust them to begin with...had an Elantra years ago and it was shit.

but people say Hyundai's quality has improved a lot so who knows...

gas mileage is only 18/23 also...not that good.

have you looked at the Xterra, RAV4, or CR-V...just a couple more choices.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:58:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 4:59:16 PM EDT by Striker]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:12:55 PM EDT
yeah, i was looking at the RAV4 at first. a brother in law works at hyundai though!

i was even thinking about just getting another 1500 sierra 4wd pickup - mine currently gets pretty decent on the highway - about 18-19 - for a full sized truck. but i really have to baby it to get that.

i'll give the RAV4 another look. thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:16:17 PM EDT

There is a reason why Hyundai has that kick-ass warranty.
They are great looking trucks, but not up to the quality standards of the Japanese manufacturers.

I have a Subaru Forester, all wheel drive, roomy, pretty good mileage.
Sort of a in between wagon and SUV car.
12 inches clearence, yet my 6 yr old can get in without a step ladder.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Striker:
ETA..a buddy owns an Xterra and it's a pig on gas.

the Xterra gets the same as the Santa Fe...give or take 1 mpg.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:39:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:48:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 4:50:15 PM EDT by jixxerbeast]

Originally Posted By afplayboy18:
IMO its a Hyundai so i dont trust them to begin with...had an Elantra years ago and it was shit.

+100000000000000000000
I too had an Elantra sometime back a "preowned" 98 I think and when it rained even lightly that car would slide everywhere, even when already stopped lol. One evening I was out joy-riding and it JUST started to rain I took this curve ahead of me at "no shit" 10mph no speed limit warning posted for it just a regular curve I slid off the road and into a womans yard that had what looked like a railroad tie in it my cars passanger wheels hit it I thought I was gonna flip. everyone I know that has ever owned one of these says the same thing it is a waste of money and a danger to your safety and anyone whom rides with you. also about 3 months after owning it I had to replace an airbag sensor,an Oxygen sensor,a relay, 3 fuses and had a diagnostic test done at the delarship with the estimated repairs costing well over $3k thats almost what I paid for it.Not worth it ever again they can take their NC plant and FOAD [/rantmode off]

ps The Hyundai plant is in NC right??
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:09:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jixxerbeast:

Originally Posted By afplayboy18:

+100000000000000000000
I too had an Elantra sometime back a "preowned" 98 I think and when it rained even lightly that car would slide everywhere, even when already stopped lol. One evening I was out joy-riding and it JUST started to rain I took this curve ahead of me at "no shit" 10mph no speed limit warning posted for it just a regular curve I slid off the road and into a womans yard that had what looked like a railroad tie in it my cars passanger wheels hit it I thought I was gonna flip. everyone I know that has ever owned one of these says the same thing it is a waste of money and a danger to your safety and anyone whom rides with you. also about 3 months after owning it I had to replace an airbag sensor,an Oxygen sensor,a relay, 3 fuses and had a diagnostic test done at the delarship with the estimated repairs costing well over $3k thats almost what I paid for it.Not worth it ever again they can take their NC plant and FOAD [/rantmode off]

ps The Hyundai plant is in NC right??

MS.
Top Top