Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 12:19:00 PM EDT
never really thought of any reprecussions from it before...............

i can't really stand breakfast so i've never eaten that but here lately i've had an urge to climb back into the pants i wore in HS so i've stopped eating lunch too.  doesn't really seem to bother me but hell if i know, not like i'm mr. health concious anyway.........drink meals half the time.

bottom line, one meal or less a day kill me before the beer does?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

i can't really stand breakfast so i've never eaten that but here lately i've had an urge to climb back into the pants i wore in HS so i've stopped eating lunch too.  doesn't really seem to bother me but hell if i know, not like i'm mr. health concious anyway.........drink meals half the time.

worked for me...dropped lotta weight really fast that way.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its bad.  Eat lots of small meals.

When you're hit and miss on eating your body freaks out and thinks "oh shit, he's finally eating, pack it on.  We dont know when he's going to do this again."

true, but anything is better than nothing.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, eventually you will develope these terrible shakes in your hands and your body may go into diabetic shock on a daily basis.  Then comes the total mental disointation where you can no longer think straight.

SO no....it is NOT a good idea.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Missing a meal now and then probably isn't a big deal.  Eating one meal a day is likely a bad idea.  Your body thinks it's starving and I believe begins to burn muscle tissue to make up calorie deficits while saving body fat.  Meanwhile, your body tries to store what you do eat as more fat so you'll have a reserve of energy for the famine it thinks is coming.  

Very counter-productive.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
i don't think straight anyway sarge.............

not like im gonna starve myself, if im hungry enough i'll eat something but ive found if you go long enough on minimal food you're really not hungry for it that often anyway.  i was so used to eating lunch whether or not i was really hungry or not that the first day or two i skipped it i was hungry as shit but about the 3rd day i wasn't anymore................
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

worked for me...dropped lotta weight really fast that way.

You will drop weight quickly but remember that much of that weight is muscle.  Once you reach your weight goal you have to work really hard to replace that muscle.  

Also, statistically a person who drops a large amount of weight quickly is MUCH more likely to gain that weight back than someone who did it slowly.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My breakfast has been replaced with orange juice.

Bottom line - if you skip a meal, at least drink something other than beer.  Skipping meals isn't bad as long as you drink something or eat something small to at least tide you over.  Guess you haven't been watching enough Lifetime movies.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Tex,

You are about 15 years younger than I and about the same body size.

Trus me on this issue okay???  Been there...done that....ITS A BITCH!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems to have a pretty bad effect on me.  Normally Mon-Fri I eat pretty normally.  No real breakfast but a reasonably sized lunch and slightly larger dinner.  Maybe a lil' bit of snacking in between.

Saturday and Sunday I pretty well starve.  I usually wake up pretty late since I often stay up till 3 or 4am so I wask up around lunch time.  I don't feel like lunch when I just woke up so I wait till 6 or 7pm to eat dinner.  My bowel movments are pretty weird Sunday night.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]
<-----------    How the hell would I know?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#13]
like lumpy says lots of small meals 5-6.  

eat half a pkg. of granola bar, wait two hrs.  eat the other half.
eat half a large apple.  wait two hrs.  eat the other half.  
got to eat at mcdonalds?  ok!  buy the meal you want and eat two bites of the burger and and eat two hand fulls of french frys and throw what is left AWAY!

at home never finish your plate!  
the secret is eat.  But when your not hungry anymore STOP!
in two weeks you stomach will shrink and you will feel full when you eat the smaller servings.

you will loose weight.
take a good multi vitamin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
No it is not healthy , and it could lead to serious health problems
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
A dark beer has all of the good stuff your body needs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, eventually you will develope these terrible shakes in your hands and your body may go into diabetic shock on a daily basis.  Then comes the total mental disointation where you can no longer think straight.

SO no....it is NOT a good idea.

SGatr15

HECK, I go through that stuff allmost daily....and no I am not kidding...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#18]
As sgtar15 said, if you go without eating you'll get the shakes. I know that when i'm out in my shop and really getting into some wroughtiron I forget to eat. Then I start shaking like a dog shitting barbedwire.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

dont expect to ever wear the pants you wore back in high school, because your body has grown since high school, a kid's body size is  not the same as a fully grown adult, I kept on growing up until about age 26, in high school I wore a size 7 1/2 shoe a few years later I grew and now Im wearing a size 9 1/2 shoe.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dont expect to ever wear the pants you wore back in high school, because your body has grown since high school, a kid's body size is  not the same as a fully grown adult, I kept on growing up until about age 26, in high school I wore a size 7 1/2 shoe a few years later I grew and now Im wearing a size 9 1/2 shoe.

He's from Texas. He was about 30 years old when he graduated from highschool.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Missing a meal now and then probably isn't a big deal.  Eating one meal a day is likely a bad idea.  Your body thinks it's starving and I believe begins to burn muscle tissue to make up calorie deficits while saving body fat.  Meanwhile, your body tries to will store what you do eat as more fat so you'll have a reserve of energy for the famine it thinks is coming.  

Very counter-productive and will actually cause you to gain weight while getting weaker.

Fixed

wganz

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#23]
If you want to lose weight, eat smaller portions. Very simple. Missing meals is bad for you in the long run.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#24]
From when I've been a teenager to when just last year, I've always only eaten one meal a day (dinner).  Over the last year, I've started to eat breakfast and tried to eat some smaller meals spread out through the day.  

I really can't tell a difference.  I hoenstly don't think it matters (at least not for me).

Sure, I acknowedge that your body would probabyl prefer three or four small meals as compared to one big one, but I think those effects are on the margin, and really do not make a big difference at all.

just my opinion
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:51:13 AM EDT
[#25]
well when you drink as much as I do, there is no time for eating. But then again people who want to stay up all night and can't because they are full of food, honestly you can't drink that much. My advice eat a super roll about 1400 and drink the rest of the time
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm 47 and have been on a similar "diet" for years. It's nothing intentional, just eating is a pain for me. If I could just eat a food pill without the hassle of cooking/eating I'd do it in a heartbeat. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want and only weigh 10 more pounds more, and 1" size larger pants than when I graduated High School 30 years ago. As far as the health issues.... I'm the healthiest person in my family and RARELY if ever do I get sick. I get a head cold or 2 a year when the kids bring a bug home from school but that is it. I can still outrun most of the neighborhood kids, and still keep myself in good physical shape. My metabolism is just fine and I sure as hell haven't burned off pounds of muscle tissue or put on lots of fat storage. No dreaded shakes or diabetic shock either. Maybe it's just my body, but it works for me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#27]
I have never been a big breakfast eater, unless I know I'll be particularly active early in the day, but missing the meals that I do usually eat makes me feel like crap.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#28]

From when I've been a teenager to when just last year, I've always only eaten one meal a day (dinner). Over the last year, I've started to eat breakfast and tried to eat some smaller meals spread out through the day.

I really can't tell a difference. I hoenstly don't think it matters (at least not for me).

Sure, I acknowedge that your body would probabyl prefer three or four small meals as compared to one big one, but I think those effects are on the margin, and really do not make a big difference at all.

just my opinion

I'm just like DK-Prof!
I'm 48 years old now and I've only eaten one meal a day (dinner) since I was 19.  
I don't get the shakes, I jog three miles every other day and lift weights three or four times a week.
Now I'm sure three proper squares a day would be the prefered diet and I've even tried it - makes me feel bloated and sleepy....
Not that I'm advocating this eating habit - but it works fine for me!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I dont think eating one meal per day will hurt you, if you feel OK and have enough energy, you can get use to it.

if your a person that does lots of physical labor, it's more important to eat several small meals a day instead of just one big meal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#30]
www.bodyforlife.com/index.html

I've lost 16 LBS and 2 " on my waist in 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
well when you drink as much as I do, there is no time for eating. But then again people who want to stay up all night and can't because they are full of food, honestly you can't drink that much. My advice eat a super roll about 1400 and drink the rest of the time

that sounds like solid advice!!!!!!!!!  why does that sound familiar?

good to see you finally got online fuckhead!  6 more months in iraq and then we can do that shit all over again

P.S.  i bought you some chili mix camel chili?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top