Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 8:48:55 AM EDT
we all know that the UN is a band of cowards and thieves, how much do you think these bastards will steal from the money collected for the Tsunami relief?

*nope, i didnt donate either.. my donation will be to deploy there if i have the chance, otherwise we have plenty of people here in need of help
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
God only knows. I hope the bastards burn for it though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
we all know that the UN is a band of cowards and thieves, how much do you think these bastards will steal from the money collected for the Tsunami relief?

*nope, i didnt donate either.. my donation will be to deploy there if i have the chance, otherwise we have plenty of people here in need of help

No Doubt....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
There money from the oil for food program has been cut off. Now they found a new tit to hang on and steal from. What a surprise !!!!   TT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
ignore me I know nothing
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, those Toyota Landcruisers dont grow on trees, people. Make with the green.

UN seeks immediate tsunami cash
UN Secretary General Kofi Annan has urged international donors to convert pledges of aid for the tsunami victims into $1bn cash for immediate use.

At the Indonesia aid conference, Mr Annan said there was "a race against time" to prevent another sharp rise in the death toll, now over 140,000.

Global pledges exceed $3bn but promises have not always come good in the past.

The EU is the latest international body to offer increased aid, pledging 100m euros ($132m) to the immediate effort.

Secretary of State Colin Powell said the group - which includes India, Australia and Japan - had served its purpose and would now work with the UN.

Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said in Jakarta he would also seek the European Parliament's approval for an additional 350m euros ($464m) for long-term reconstruction.

Meanwhile the US said it was disbanding what it called the core group of nations formed to tackle the crisis.

The BBC's Laura Trevelyan at the UN says officials who had feared that the core group would duplicate the UN's efforts will be quietly relieved by this move.

World and local leaders, aid groups and international organisations are attending the Jakarta conference.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4149405.stm

Holding conferences seem to be the one thing the UN is good at.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I would guess that less than 10% will get to those deserving..........probably around 3-4%.

5sub
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top