Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 1:33:57 PM EDT
In combat with a AR such as the M16 what would be the best mag ammo setup for prolonged combat? this includes how many mags, what size mags, stripper clips, battle packs etc...
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
???  how long is this battle, are you bunkered down or mobile, did you cache in several spots to restock, is there a route to resupply you or do you have to pick-up off the dead

your question can not really be answered as you leave to many varibles open.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Scarecrow, if you don't have any buddies or friends that would be part of your anti SHTF
defense plan I suggest you have 20 loaded 30 round mags.
It is unlikely you would survive long enough
to exhaust your ammo without support.
In military units soldiers have support personal to keep them supplied with the necessities of combat.
You will not have that luxury. Any thing you have you will have to provide yourself at your
own expense. You will have different needs
depending on your location rural, urban, wilderness, etc..
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Rural area, this is for a gunfight vs 10 - 15 individuals. your team is comprised of at least 2 men excluding yourself. enemy is heavily armed and you have access to one car for possible ammo resource.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
2 men with standard battle loads of 7 to 12 30rd mags the 3rd of your party should play God by giving you details of where your enemy is located & to sniper them every chance he gets.

using F/A's you'll need atleast 3 to 6 mags more per person. as you'll get caught up in the heat of battle and will be doing alot more spray&pray then controlled shot[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]
For you scarecrow ??  Well, I would say about, ohhhh, maybe 50 to 100 !!!
cuz you can only have 5 rounders....
[x]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For you scarecrow ??  Well, I would say about, ohhhh, maybe 50 to 100 !!!
cuz you can only have 5 rounders....
[x]
View Quote

I said for a military engagement, not my own, and anyway if I was going to be needing this kind of firepower I could just go over the border and buy some. PS: Canadian criminals don't have limited mags just like in the US criminals don't have registered machine guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top