Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 2:23:57 PM EDT
Like the title says, "how do I sync between my laptop and work computer?".

I am using XP home on the new laptop I bought and XP Pro on the work tower. What and how do I have to do so I can keep the latest work-in-progress on each machine? How do you sync between them? I would have to hae them both on the network, no? Enable sharing?

HELP!

thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
In your situation I would use a either a jumpdrive or something similar,

or

I use a program called 2nd copy www.centered.com/products.html.  You can set it for automatic, manual, and other methods to backup and is pretty nice and easy to use.  I and my wife use our laptops as our main computers for everything and we backup critical stuff to our server once a week.

Others with more experience will chime in im sure, but I was looking for the easy method.

John
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
network the 2 either thru a hub or cross over cable.  map a drive/folder from one to the other and enable offline files on the mapped drive/folder.  then the next time you connect the 2, sync them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top