Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 6:32:56 AM EDT
When you have a little bit of money (not really extra but want it for a cushion in case some expenses occur ) something gets fuc%ed up?

I owe my g/f some money for putting something on her credit card for me so I decided to sell off a few shares of stock that I own.

I got my check yesterday and thought now I have some extra money for my savings account or maybe enough to get a new gun..

drove home from the gym stopped by the bank and noticed my car was overheating.

thought oh damn must be low on cooland noticed a small puddle next to my car the other day.

So I searched around for the leak and noticed that it was coming from my water pump.
So my mechanic looked at it and he is sure the water pump is bad.
great!?

( i guess its still better then having to make payments )
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to my world
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds normal to me...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Replace the water pump yourself.  Save the money that you would have spent paying someone else to do it and apply those monies to your debt.  Don't even tell me that you can't replace a water pump!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Replace the water pump yourself.  Save the money that you would have spent paying someone else to do it and apply those monies to your debt.  Don't even tell me that you can't replace a water pump!

He cant replace the water pump..
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#5]
'cause you were probably blowing money on hookers and blow
when you should've been maintaining stuff
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:44:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

To be honest with you I have never attempted such a change. I have purchased the book and found a good tutorial online from a reputable source but my car knowledge is limited to changing breaks , tune ups and oil.

I heard it was also good to change the timing belt and tensioners also since your already in there.

Unfortunatly I think I will pass on changing this out myself at this point....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
'cause you were probably blowing money on hookers and blow
when you should've been maintaining stuff

Does a water pump trully require maintence?
if so then yes hookers and blow
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#8]
How do you know that God wasn't looking out for you and ahead of time? "Curcumstances" of a loan from a G/F suggested to you that you cash in a bond. You pay off the G/F and have remaining money and all the sudden the waterpump in your car goes out. Maybe God had a hand in delaying the breakdown of your water pump until you had the cash in hand to afford to fix it?

Mind you, I am purely speculating, but, I thought I'd give you the view of the silver lining to this cloud. If anything, it will help you digent shelling out the cash to fix the car and make missing out on a new gun more paletable.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#9]
If you can change your breaks, there's no reason why you can't change your water pump
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How do you know that God wasn't looking out for you and ahead of time? "Curcumstances" of a loan from a G/F suggested to you that you cash in a bond. You pay off the G/F and have remaining money and all the sudden the waterpump in your car goes out. Maybe God had a hand in delaying the breakdown of your water pump until you had the cash in hand to afford to fix it?

Mind you, I am purely speculating, but, I thought I'd give you the view of the silver lining to this cloud. If anything, it will help you digent shelling out the cash to fix the car and make missing out on a new gun more paletable.

ahh.. Beautiful speculation I like it.

(now if only I didnt buy that new camera... 2 days ago )
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#11]
water pump is an easy do it yourself fix. should not cost more the $30/$40 for the pump and some time. No way would I have mechanic do this job.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you can change your breaks, there's no reason why you can't change your water pump

Did I mention it was on a 1989 Acura Legend .. not much room in the engine bay..

That is what is making me really nervous. I guess I could try it but if I screw it up then i'm out of more money since it is a non - clearance engine and messing with the timing belt and timing of the engine I definatly run that risk
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Shit happens

I have been stuck in this boat for a few months now, I just deal with it
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Shit happens

I have been stuck in this boat for a few months now, I just deal with it

I hear ya
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top