Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2002 5:32:50 PM EDT
Well primary polls show that bill simon a pro gun candidate has pulled to a dead heat with richard reardon for the republican nomination.riordan is a democrat in my opinion but claims to be a republican.Well i would urge all ca voters here to back simon as i will make it to the polls.With comrade davis slipping this is a very good oppurtnity to take advantage.Simon has stated that he wants no new gun laws.riordan is just as bad as davis.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry pal, but no new gun laws wont come close to saving the PRK
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun Owners of California
Endorses
BILL SIMON
for Governor

By Sam Parades, Executive Director   Sacramento 19, 2002

Sometimes in life we have to make tough decisions, and in this critical election year, Gun Owners has done just that by endorsing Republican gubernatorial hopeful BILL SIMON.  

The decision to support a great candidate like BILL SIMON in itself isn't hard, but given that fellow candidate Bill Jones has been a solid vote on the gun issue, we had to look deeper and at the bigger picture, without compromising our core Second Amendment principles.

BILL SIMON  has a keen understanding of the 2nd Amendment.  He does not regard our Constitution as a "living, breathing document", but rather one that has sustained and empowered the citizens of this great nation for over 200 years.  He gets the fact that in order to defeat Gray Davis, he must differentiate himself from him, a point which has been lost on Quasi-Republican contender Richard Riordan.

Gray Davis is the single-most anti-gun Governor in California's history, and in order to defeat him, it will take an extraordinary amount of stamina, an even greater amount of money, but more importantly, a firm set of principles, without which Gray Davis will squish any candidate like a fly.  

BILL SIMON is a fierce campaigner, has a steely and determined disposition, not to mention a warchest that can rival Fort Knox - on average, he has managed to raise over a million dollars a month.

But, before we take on Davis, former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan must be beaten, because despite the "R" after his name, he is even more liberal than Gray Davis on the issue of gun ownership.

Let the record speak for itself:

January 7, 1993 LA Times: …Riordan was asked where he stands on gun control. He said he favored removing guns even if it necessitated a citywide police sweep.  He said a police sweep "gets very complicated but if that's the only answer we could come up with, yes, I would be in favor of that, and I would be in favor of much stronger control of gun dealers even to the point of shutting them down."

November 28, 1993 on NBC...Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan said regarding the waiting period of the Brady bill just passed by Congress. "It doesn't go far enough," Riordan said.  "we should try to as much as we can keep handguns in the hands of police."

1994...Riordan endorsed the Clinton 1994 Crime Act.

1996...then Mayor Riordan did nothing to stop the City Council from banning small affordable handguns, and he supported the City's ban on homebased licensed firearms dealers.

-- continued --
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]
August 6, 1999....Riordan joined U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno and Gov. Davis at a rally to rid society of "both assault weapons and intolerance."

The list goes on and on....

Some think he is the only one who can beat Gray Davis.  This is no only foolhardy, it is dangerous, and we must not be lulled into believing this.

So, our task is two-fold - to defeat Riordan in the primary and then Gray Davis in the general election.  

BILL SIMON is by far the best equipped person to do this.  He has the principles, and he has the cash.  Bill Jones is a good fellow, but his candidacy stops there.  And we simply cannot afford to "stop there" based on a good voting record on guns while he served in the Assembly.  BILL SIMON also has a solid and growing base amongst the grassroots, and an outstanding fund-raising capability.  

Riordan must be defeated and that is why the Board of Directors of GOC decided that it was important to endorse BILL SIMON for Governor.

For more information on Bill Simon go to WWW.SimonForGovernor.com

GOC at 916 967-4970

Gun Owners be wary:
NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Garbage In
Garbage Out
This is what happens when people elect crappy representatives. I only hope that the laws get turned back and that the good people of California get level-headed people to represent them in Sacramento.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The Politics here are quite interesting. It seems the Democrats are beginning to feed on themselves. Lynn Woolsey, the "welfare mom goes to congress", is being challenged by another democrat, the mayor of Santa Rosa. He was on the San Francisco liberal talk station (they tried to get her on but she had debated him previously and it seemed this time she was unavailable) and refered to a website that ranked the influence of congressmen and women. In spite of her seniority, she ranked in the teens just above some real losers. Then I got to hear a liberal call in and chew him out because he might split the vote and give it to the republicans. Those are my favorites [^]
- Liberals who wouldn't know what to do with themselves if those nasty republicans win. Do they ever just try to do whats good for the country?

I heard another report that a liberal group mailed out a deceptive voter guide to republicans that listed conservative votes but slipped in a yes vote on 45, the repeal of term limits.

I think this election is a real wild card.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Riordan for Governor.

Any other vote is the same as voting for Gray Davis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top