Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2005 11:09:06 AM EDT
here it is

Neatest parts to me are he started out in the marines and moved to the navy (shows intelligence) ;P

and the actions of the recruiter.  He went beyond the call to get this man in service.

/salute to both of em

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Good kid...God Bless.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Both are stand-up men.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
That is one fine young man. Semper Fi, Devil Squid!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Not to diminish these fine actions in any way, but isn't the military kind of famous for taking in young men like this?

Just seems like I've heard stories that some of our finest leaders joined under similar circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#5]
HooRAH!!! Out Fucking standing!!! as the Gunny would say!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Great
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not to diminish these fine actions in any way, but isn't the military kind of famous for taking in young men like this?

Just seems like I've heard stories that some of our finest leaders joined under similar circumstances.

They take in a lot of young men like this, but normally those young men are that way by choice.  This kid didn't have a choice.  For the recruiter to let the kid stay with him, and give him a car is a little more than trying to fill a quotta.  It's a good storry because the people involved, other than mom and step-dad, seem to be good, caring people.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
God Bless him. Someone should kick that step-father sqaure in the nuts! What the hell is wrong with people in society today ? I have a step-father and he has always treated me as one of his own. I just don't get people today!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I was homeless when I joined up. Luckily I had all my papers with me when I walked into the recruiter office.

10 years later, here I am, posting at work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was homeless when I joined up. Luckily I had all my papers with me when I walked into the recruiter office.

10 years later, here I am, posting at work.

Sean
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
God Bless him. Someone should kick that step-father sqaure in the nuts! What the hell is wrong with people in society today ? I have a step-father and he has always treated me as one of his own. I just don't get people today!

+1
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#12]
great story, happy ending.... thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Many career military men came from very humble beginnings.  I remember guys in bootcamp who were thrilled with the amount of food.

For the Marine Recruiter to allow the kid to live in his house, that's going above & beyond.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top