Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2010 7:13:55 AM EDT
FNC just reported that police were called to a house in Peoria, AZ. They entered and found a man tied up who told them there are still 5-10 armed people in the house. They took him out of the house and have the house surrounded now.

I have a hard time believing 10 people and can't find the story on the web yet, but FNC just reported it and had live video from the scene.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a hard time believing 10 people and can't find the story on the web yet, but FNC just reported it and had live video from the scene.

There was that 5 man job about six months ago that was all over the news.  Hit that couple who had a gaggle of adopted kids.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Barricade situation shuts down Peoria road, police on scene
Reported by: Katrina Wessman
Email: [email protected]
Last Update: 8:04 am
Slideshow
PEORIA, AZ – Police are on scene of a barricade situation possibly involving armed suspects in Peoria this morning.

Mike Tellef with the Peoria Police and Fire Department said the barricade is in the area of 71st Avenue and Corinne Drive.

Tellef said police initially responded to the two-story home for a burglary call around 4:30 a.m.

When officers arrived, they reportedly found a back door that had been forced open and a person who had been bound on the first floor.

That person said that between five and 10 people had entered the home, according to Tellef.

It is unclear who is still in the home, but several police can be seen outside with guns drawn from overhead Air15. They appear to be attempting to make entrance into the home.

CLICK ON THE ATTACHED SLIDESHOW TO SEE PHOTOS FROM THE SCENE

Tellef said 71st Avenue is closed in both directions between Sweetwater and Cactus Road.

No injuries have been reported at this time.

Stay with ABC15.com for updates.

The helicopters have been up for about an hour now. With 5-10 people entering the home, you can only guess as to their race and what they are after. What is interesting to me is the fact that the neighborhood is a very nice upper middle class area. I had friends from high school that lived there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is that hard to believe?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I'll get in on this one.

How could 10 people be in a house and not have seen a police officer recover the homeowner?  

Also, is Air15 some chopper news station?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably drugs involved.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#6]
It is/was up on Fox livestream, and if I were LE I'd be pissed the perps can watch LE movement outside from the comfort of a laptop.

ETA - still up.

http://interactive.foxnews.com/livestream/live.html?chanId=1

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'll get in on this one.

How could 10 people be in a house and not have seen a police officer recover the homeowner?  

Also, is Air15 some chopper news station?

Ya, ABC affiliate. Looks like they've entered.

I'd bet the owner had no idea, if he was tied up in the back, he would have no way of knowing if anyone was still there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Home invasion gone bad? Are there any good ones?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah with perp having 2 in the chest and one in the head.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah with perp having 2 in the chest and one in the head.

this
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#11]
"That person said that between five and 10 people had entered the home"

If that isn't a case for having a full mag in an AR15 at the ready, I've never seen one. Makes me want to re-think my pistol is all I need theory but then again I don't live near the border thank God.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top